Conquer Club

What personality type are you?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What personality type are you?

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu May 07, 2015 9:32 pm

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uplo ... 20x398.jpg
Just a simple test to see where you fall on the Myers and Briggs Personality scale.

I tend to get either INTJ or INTP, depending on the day. I got INTP this time around.
http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Re: What personality type are you?

Postby Dukasaur on Fri May 08, 2015 12:14 am

I got INTP today as well. When I was younger I usually got ENTJ. Very definitely a "mellowing with age" does occur.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri May 08, 2015 12:34 am

Ah, the Meyers-Briggs test. The equivalent of astrology reading for people who finished high school.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby strike wolf on Fri May 08, 2015 1:10 am

INFP-A. Though it was kind of overly simplistic. For instance, I am really shy around people I first meet or unfamiliar situations but once I actually know the people or situation better I am much more assertive and am more willing to take on a leadership role. That wasn't really an option on the test.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby waauw on Fri May 08, 2015 7:43 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Ah, the Meyers-Briggs test. The equivalent of astrology reading for people who finished high school.

-TG

I actually got MBTI classes in college. It really isnt bullshit at all. It's just the world's best method of classifying people's personalities. If I remember correctly, about 89 out of the Fortune 100 companies use MBTI in their selection processes.
The classification method really does make sence and is probably largely based on genetics. In animals personalities are obviously genetic. The easiest example is dogs, whom are not only bred for the looks but also for their personalities. The same is probably true for humans. And when genetics are at play, classifications are possible.

One of the problems with MBTI is that it seems to pull people into black and white camps, whilst most people are grey(some more grey than others). Another problem is that many people don't seem to make the necessary distinction between behaviour and personality. Personality(inner factor) + learned experiences(outer factor) = behaviour

Dukasaur wrote:I got INTP today as well. When I was younger I usually got ENTJ. Very definitely a "mellowing with age" does occur.

As far as I know the test isn't meant for teenagers. Puberty messes things up a lot and creates too much confusion.
But according to MBTI theory people learn(should) and change in several stages of life. The older people get, the more balanced people become. It has something to do with hormonal production.

for an INTP:
  • childhood: introverted thinking
  • puberty: intuitive perceiver
  • 20's: sensing judging
  • 30's: extraverted feeling

PS: INTP here
Lieutenant waauw

Postby 2dimes on Fri May 08, 2015 8:33 am

The type that would find a new body of water to fish in?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby tkr4lf on Fri May 08, 2015 8:50 am

Meh, I got INFJ-T. But I'm pretty sure last time somebody posted a topic about this, I got something a little different.

As already stated, these tests are way too black and white to accurately gauge somebody's personality. I suppose they could be useful in determining a rough outline, but to really get the details and be able to accurately categorize, we'd need a better test that allows for the shades of gray.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Dukasaur on Fri May 08, 2015 9:22 am

tkr4lf wrote:Meh, I got INFJ-T. But I'm pretty sure last time somebody posted a topic about this, I got something a little different.

As already stated, these tests are way too black and white to accurately gauge somebody's personality. I suppose they could be useful in determining a rough outline, but to really get the details and be able to accurately categorize, we'd need a better test that allows for the shades of gray.

Actually, they're amazingly effective. If you actually use them and apply them effectively, you can get outstanding results.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Fri May 08, 2015 10:41 am

I did this a month or two ago and got ENTJ.

It put up a little cartoon picture of Napoleon to illustrate what kind of person an ENTJ is. I'll take that.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby waauw on Fri May 08, 2015 10:47 am

mrswdk wrote:I did this a month or two ago and got ENTJ.

It put up a little cartoon picture of Napoleon to illustrate what kind of person an ENTJ is. I'll take that.

Well you certainly do both have an admiration for China
Napoleon once said: "Laisse ce géant dormir, car quand elle se réveillera le monde tremblera."("Let the giant sleep, for when she awakens the world will tremble")
Lieutenant waauw

Postby mrswdk on Fri May 08, 2015 11:08 am

waauw wrote:
mrswdk wrote:I did this a month or two ago and got ENTJ.

Well you certainly do both have an admiration for China
Napoleon once said: "Laisse ce géant dormir, car quand elle se réveillera le monde tremblera."("Let the giant sleep, for when she awakens the world will tremble")

People shoulda listened to him.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby / on Fri May 08, 2015 11:15 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Ah, the Meyers-Briggs test. The equivalent of astrology reading for people who finished high school.

-TG

Yeah, we totally need a new fad already.
I suggest Enneagrams http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp
It has numbers, vaguely magical looking symbols, crazy spiritualist jargon, and is totally "scientifically validated".

I'm a Number One.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat May 09, 2015 1:09 am

/ wrote:

-TG

Yeah, we totally need a new fad already.
I suggest Enneagrams http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp
It has numbers, vaguely magical looking symbols, crazy spiritualist jargon, and is totally "scientifically validated".

I'm a Number One.

Stupid youtube comm- Oh shit, wrong site.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,