Conquer Club

Indonesian death sentences

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Indonesian death sentences

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:33 pm

mrswdk wrote:I'm now actually not sure who's the winner in that AUS-SG thing: Australia, for successfully violating Singapore's sovereignty (like a bawwwss), or Singapore, for shipping their criminals off to Australia so that they don't have to deal with them themselves.

Like most examples of market trading, both parties are better off.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: Indonesian death sentences

Postby patches70 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:35 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
patches70 wrote:Only an idiot would smuggle drugs through Indonesia. They execute drug smugglers there! If someone is that stupid then f*ck 'em, let 'em hang.

And if forced to by drug cartels who either blackmail them or threaten family? Because some of those people involved had that happen to them.

Orly? You saying that some drug cartel just picked some poor innocent people out at random and blackmailed or threatened them and their families?
I dunno about that, sounds a bit far fetched.

More likely, some poor bastards were into some drug cartel for some money or something along those lines and to pay off their debt they had to smuggle some drugs? Through Indonesia. That sounds more likely than the drug cartels picking some random civvies, doesn't it?

If it is the latter then that's what happens when you associate with certain elements that one might see in hindsight that they shouldn't be associating with.
If some drug cartel guys came knocking on my door and threatened me and such, I'd laugh in their face. Since I'm just some random dude and I don't take threats very well, I'd be mighty hard for them to leverage me and keep me from seeking assistance from law enforcement if I took their threats seriously.

That's what one does when faced with such circumstances unless the individual has certain ties with said drug cartels that prohibit them from going the law enforcement route. You get what I'm saying here, MTG?

So if these were random innocent people perhaps you could post some sources. I don't know much about this particular story, but in the past there have been such incidents involving Indonesia and drug smuggling. I seem to remember some college aged fellow(s) who got themself(ves) into a pickle like this. They weren't so innocent per say, but more of the stupid variety, either way, one should know better and there are certain consequences in life for making certain life choices. Bad life choices often lead to very dire consequences eventually. I don't know if this is the case in the OP, but I'd be more inclined these people were doing things they shouldn't have been rather than they are innocent victims. But I don't know for sure.

I wouldn't doubt someone claiming such though, a person will say just about anything to get themselves off the gallows. Truth doesn't matter much to anyone in such a situation. So by default I'd take the "but the drug cartels forced me to do this!" claim with a grain of salt. Everybody has a choice and these poor schlubs made some bad choices somewhere down the line I'd wager.
Private patches70

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,