Conquer Club

The US 10 Dollar

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The US 10 Dollar

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:21 am

saxitoxin wrote:In Great Britain they only have women on their currency.

I had to check my wallet. Not true, we have Darwin on some tenners.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:36 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:In Great Britain they only have women on their currency.

I had to check my wallet. Not true, we have Darwin on some tenners.

You'll understand his brand of humor eventually.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:31 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:saxitoxin and Darwin used to dress in drag together.

I officially invite you to put it in your M and then S it.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby targetman377 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:02 pm

ahh First off Washington is by far the one and only who should not be removed... Out of the people on the bills who owned slaves, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Grant. The only 2 who did not where Hamilton. and Franklin... (Franklin was a slave to the women but that's another story) However I don't think that is the point. If we want to people who should be on the bills in the first place should not matter if its a women or man. what should matter is how much they did for this country. plan and simple Jackson did jack shit.. and don't give me JACKSONIAN DEMOCRACY! Plan and simple other people had that idea he was not its champion just its mouth peace.. Look what happened when he got in signal handed destroyed our economy. by breaking up the bank. then to add to that he magnified currption by giving money to muilpal stat banks. giving special intrest to his cause more money.. Jackson should never have been put on our money. Hamitlon should not be demoted.

as for what women i like the idea of Susan B Antony. "I always distrust people who know so much about what God wants them to do to their fellows." A champion of anti slavery movements and women rights. She did way more then Jackson could have ever conceived of doing she should be on our 20
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:02 pm

targetman377 wrote:ahh First off Washington is by far the one and only who should not be removed... Out of the people on the bills who owned slaves, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Grant. The only 2 who did not where Hamilton. and Franklin... (Franklin was a slave to the women but that's another story) However I don't think that is the point. If we want to people who should be on the bills in the first place should not matter if its a women or man. what should matter is how much they did for this country. plan and simple Jackson did jack shit.. and don't give me JACKSONIAN DEMOCRACY! Plan and simple other people had that idea he was not its champion just its mouth peace.. Look what happened when he got in signal handed destroyed our economy. by breaking up the bank. then to add to that he magnified currption by giving money to muilpal stat banks. giving special intrest to his cause more money.. Jackson should never have been put on our money. Hamitlon should not be demoted.

as for what women i like the idea of Susan B Antony. "I always distrust people who know so much about what God wants them to do to their fellows." A champion of anti slavery movements and women rights. She did way more then Jackson could have ever conceived of doing she should be on our 20

Might want to delve a bit deeper on these issues. Nicholas Biddle is the one who publicly bragged he'd destroy the economy, and the Jacksonian era may have a little to do with Jacksonian Democracy, but mostly the era was named after him because inflation was overall very tame and prices were probably the most stable in history and almost for an entire century, as well as the 'time of good feelings', and I dare not leave out the 'progress'. Breaking up the bank is what led to the economic stability.

but most of all, Jackson will never be removed because of the central bank inside joke. He's on the 20 to be mocked.
Major Phatscotty

Postby tzor on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:19 pm

targetman377 wrote:So what do you guys think? of this redesign do you think Alexander Hamilton should be demoted? which women should be added?

Who was the damn progressive who stagnated out bills anyway? $10 United States Notes (before the Treasury Notes in 1911) used to be a variety of people.
($10 Notes)
Abraham Lincoln, 1862ā€“63
Daniel Webster 1869, 1875, 1880
Lewis and Clark 1901
Andrew Jackson 1923

We have been doing this with our quarters and no one has really given solid complaint. Let's have a variety of $10 bills and people can collect the whole set.
Cadet tzor

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:25 pm

-----Doesn't matter anymore....THE PC's have spoken....Must cater to anything they want... If slavery is such a hot spot for the SOUTH...All should be held in the same standard...Of the offending topic... That's why the PC's are full of crap... You can't walk one way...Blow crap of the same coin out the other... WASHINGTON...could have freed his slaves from the get go... But didn't...Not in 1776(If HE really believed in FREEDOM)...Not in 1783 when the war was over...His slaves were freed in 1799 in his will ,when he died... Kind of a cowardly act if you ask me...Whether others owned slaves ,is not the point. If it is wrong ,it is wrong. Washington really could have done something great on the slave issue. Become a trend setter...But he wimped out...LIKE I SAID JOHN HANCOCK WAS THE REAL FIRST LEADER OF OUR COUNTRY... =D> =D> =D> ...ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)...The Civil War was not fought to free the slaves at first. Only came to be an issue to keep France and England from coming in on the South's side. A Lincoln Strategy.
----- Also The Civil War was fought over Money...Surprise :roll: .....for the truth go to....CONFEDERATE HISTORY---DISPELLING THE MYTHS---.(www.rulen.com/myths/)...Just like most of American History is told incorrectly... ;) ...So lick it up lackeys...lick it up.. :lol: :lol: ...
-----I say get ride of people...Put true historical facts on our money... Maybe then the average American will learn the truth about their country. We sure can't depend on The Great American Educational System we have.....I KNOW IT'S HARD FOR AMERICANS TO ACCEPT. Our country has blood on it. America is not all Good and Sweet.. Like our history books tell us...
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby targetman377 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
targetman377 wrote:ahh First off Washington is by far the one and only who should not be removed... Out of the people on the bills who owned slaves, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Grant. The only 2 who did not where Hamilton. and Franklin... (Franklin was a slave to the women but that's another story) However I don't think that is the point. If we want to people who should be on the bills in the first place should not matter if its a women or man. what should matter is how much they did for this country. plan and simple Jackson did jack shit.. and don't give me JACKSONIAN DEMOCRACY! Plan and simple other people had that idea he was not its champion just its mouth peace.. Look what happened when he got in signal handed destroyed our economy. by breaking up the bank. then to add to that he magnified currption by giving money to muilpal stat banks. giving special intrest to his cause more money.. Jackson should never have been put on our money. Hamitlon should not be demoted.

Might want to delve a bit deeper on these issues. Nicholas Biddle is the one who publicly bragged he'd destroy the economy, and the Jacksonian era may have a little to do with Jacksonian Democracy, but mostly the era was named after him because inflation was overall very tame and prices were probably the most stable in history and almost for an entire century, as well as the 'time of good feelings', and I dare not leave out the 'progress'. Breaking up the bank is what led to the economic stability.

but most of all, Jackson will never be removed because of the central bank inside joke. He's on the 20 to be mocked.

no Biddle if anything could not fathom how someone could be so stupid to see why the whole idea of a central bank would be beneficial to america as a devoupling nation. He could not fathom how stupid the president could actually be. so by forcing the issue he lost. And yes while prices of good went down.. as you stated before. the panic of 1837 would have been less of a blow if the central bank was still around banks got an influx of money to lend out (the state banks) keeping unsafe levels in there coffars. This cause and also an excutive order stating western lands must be purchesed in gold or silver cause a sharp decline in relastate prices... so yeah good for him prices went down.. wonder why oh cause no one had a job to buy things with.
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:28 am

targetman377 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

no Biddle if anything could not fathom how someone could be so stupid to see why the whole idea of a central bank would be beneficial to america as a devoupling nation. He could not fathom how stupid the president could actually be. so by forcing the issue he lost. And yes while prices of good went down.. as you stated before. the panic of 1837 would have been less of a blow if the central bank was still around banks got an influx of money to lend out (the state banks) keeping unsafe levels in there coffars. This cause and also an excutive order stating western lands must be purchesed in gold or silver cause a sharp decline in relastate prices... so yeah good for him prices went down.. wonder why oh cause no one had a job to buy things with.

I would be genuinely interested in looking at whatever sources you have on this. Off the top, maybe the blow would have been easier to handle, maybe it would have been worse, maybe there would have been more panics. Like the bank engineered panics of 1903, 1907, 1909, 1911. Don't quote me on specific years this is off the top, but basically there were a bunch of panics just before 1913 ala Federal reserve act. I get that you said 'developing' country and that is an interesting aspect to consider vs. developed, but the way I see the central bank, hey, it's 1913! We created another central bank! How does 1914 sound for World War 1? Oh yeah, and an income tax on every working american, but it's cool cuz we'll make sure of full employment.

I think many people might opine the central bank played their own role in blowing up the bubble that popped on black Friday 1929.
Major Phatscotty

Postby targetman377 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:35 am

phatscotty the source i am using is a book i read "What Hath God Wrought: The Transformation of America, 1815ā€“1848" by Daniel Walker Howe. good book very long but very thorough. the Fact that the panic. yes the central bank is a rather useful tool in the economy. the thing to remember is how many panics there where while we did not centralize the bank. after the fact there the number of panics have gone down. Yes the central bank did play a role in the great depression. however that was due the deflationary actions they took in 1928. far little to late.. so again the fed makes mistakes but i would argue that it was not soly the feds fault. it was a verarty of reasons. The Fact that andrew jackson was so against the paperback. should make him disqualifed to be there. its pretty much the only person i can say should not be on our money. i would be happy if polk was on the mony. Hamilton deserves that spot. And again i did say developing economy cause america was. we must look at history in the context of history not compare it to modern day. in Developing economies it is much easer to develope when you centralize. privite forces in the the economy that do not recive a boost fall to corner the market before there prices are to expansive and they go out of busniess this model though. should not remain forever as once your indurstry is fully established you must then remove barrieriors for your econmy to grow full scale. The fed and the central banks are vitial tools that developing nations need as it is an arm to fight the many panics that come to the fourground. without them the govenerment is powerless to control little panics that would otherwise send contries into a full on panic mood.
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:27 am

targetman377 wrote:phatscotty the source i am using is a book i read "What Hath God Wrought: The Transformation of America, 1815ā€“1848" by Daniel Walker Howe. good book very long but very thorough. the Fact that the panic. yes the central bank is a rather useful tool in the economy. the thing to remember is how many panics there where while we did not centralize the bank. after the fact there the number of panics have gone down. Yes the central bank did play a role in the great depression. however that was due the deflationary actions they took in 1928. far little to late.. so again the fed makes mistakes but i would argue that it was not soly the feds fault. it was a verarty of reasons. The Fact that andrew jackson was so against the paperback. should make him disqualifed to be there. its pretty much the only person i can say should not be on our money. i would be happy if polk was on the mony. Hamilton deserves that spot. And again i did say developing economy cause america was. we must look at history in the context of history not compare it to modern day. in Developing economies it is much easer to develope when you centralize. privite forces in the the economy that do not recive a boost fall to corner the market before there prices are to expansive and they go out of busniess this model though. should not remain forever as once your indurstry is fully established you must then remove barrieriors for your econmy to grow full scale. The fed and the central banks are vitial tools that developing nations need as it is an arm to fight the many panics that come to the fourground. without them the govenerment is powerless to control little panics that would otherwise send contries into a full on panic mood.

Thanks targetman, food for thought. A lot of what you say here I to understand to be true and important in a good way, and there are kudos for you pointing out ahead of time the importance of developing vs developed.
#1 like I said about Jackson, he's on the $20 because it's a way the central bank says 'haha fucker!'
#2 for all the good things that come from your mention towards the end, there are trade offs. Obviously individuals have been more and more sucked in with every bust n boom, gaining tremendously but regularly losing it all back and more. And yeah sure the businesses benefit in some/many ways, but they also change in many ways. Better for some (usually themselves) and worse for others (usually the people). There is a real debate here and it's fully legitimate and it's been going on since Hamilton argued with Jefferson in Washington's cabinet.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Major Phatscotty

Postby buddhabelly on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:23 pm

really think that would have avoided civil war? I always wonder about people who state that the civil war was about slavery...they obviously do not have a true grasp of history. The civil war was about the south being damn tired of being told what was going to be allowed to be grown, what tarrifs would be in place, what taxes would be, etc. by the over populous north. Slavery was just the tipping point.
Captain buddhabelly

Postby tzor on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:32 pm

buddhabelly wrote:really think that would have avoided civil war? I always wonder about people who state that the civil war was about slavery...

It was about slavery. Sorry about that. The whole secession movement was promoted by a group of people known as the "Fire Eaters" (a group of extremist pro-slavery Southern Democrat politicians who urged the separation of southern states into a new nation) and who also were instrumental in getting Fort Sumter attacked.

Now once it started, there were a lot of reasons why people fought in it on both sides. Lots of wars have this problem.

If you remove the fire eaters from the equation, the civil war would never have happened. Most of the southern leaders were for the most part opposed to such nonsense until everything hit the fan and then they had to recant their opposition because of state loyalty. They all knew this would be an extremely bloody war and they were proven right.
Cadet tzor

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:13 pm

buddhabelly wrote:really think that would have avoided civil war? I always wonder about people who state that the civil war was about slavery...they obviously do not have a true grasp of history. The civil war was about the south being damn tired of being told what was going to be allowed to be grown, what tarrifs would be in place, what taxes would be, etc. by the over populous north. Slavery was just the tipping point.

First the Confederate guy and now you? The Civil War was not about slavery? I'm getting a headache...

Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:32 pm

I think they should put pin-ups on our bills. Who gives a shit about presidents? It's a note for exchanging goods, I'm not too concerned about what dude's face is on it. Make it enjoyable with some classy sleaze (and sure, we could put some beefcake on there, too, for the ladies).

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:42 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I think they should put pin-ups on our bills. Who gives a shit about presidents? It's a note for exchanging goods, I'm not too concerned about what dude's face is on it. Make it enjoyable with some classy sleaze (and sure, we could put some beefcake on there, too, for the ladies).

-TG

Something like this?

Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Yeah that'd be awesome. Maybe some classics like Sophia Loren or Raquel Welch.

-TG

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:10 pm

The image on currency has almost everything to do with it's function, especially when said currency is faith-based.
Major Phatscotty

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:12 pm

They could put the imam on it.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Phatscotty wrote:The image on currency has almost everything to do with it's function, especially when said currency is faith-based.

Its function being propaganda?

-TG

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Is there an imam who's like the Islamic pope? King of the imams?

@saxitoxin
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:47 pm

mrswdk wrote:Is there an imam who's like the Islamic pope? King of the imams?

@saxitoxin

That's not how it works.

Islam is more similar to Judaism than to Christianity for its lack of a chain-of-command. Imams are teachers, similar to Rabbis; they are not like Catholic priests who are chosen by God's proxy (Pope) and get spellcasting abilities like turning bread into flesh, exorcism, Magic Missile, etc., and acquire more powers as they add skill levels like bishop, archbishop, etc. Any three people can form a Muslim congregation and any congregation can name an Imam by majority vote. An imam is just a guy whose full-time gig is reading books; he's not an emissary of, or in any kind-of contact with, God, does not have supernatural power, and there's no built-in assumption he's morally pure. (Like if Mets found out Michio Kaku did coke and hookers he wouldn't be like "astronomers are immoral - I'm converting to marine biology.")
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,