Conquer Club

Guns make us safe

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Guns make us safe

Postby KoolBak on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:58 pm

I'd say breeding control...fewer bad parents raising messed up kids....?
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby riskllama on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:25 pm

your country is just plain fucked. i say sit back and enjoy the ride, you guys... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Bernie Sanders on Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:34 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:Greekdog said: So, if you want to solve for these problems, you need to ban guns, confiscate all currently held firearms, and ban the manufacture of guns.
Sorry, that ain't going to happen.

We have a proliferation of guns in America and we have too many mentally ill and deranged individuals. Let the mass killings continue, it's what we do best. The solutions have been on the table for decades, but the NRA runs the Republican Party.

http://thedailybanter.com/2015/04/the-new-president-of-the-national-rifle-association-is-predictably-awful/

So, good to know that you don't have a valid or effective solution! Thanks for proving my point.

Yes Greek, you won! Yippie! [noise of champagne corks popping in background]

Right now, the only way to stop all the madness in America is either having every man, women and child armed to the teeth with body armor. OR, have the neighborhood police/gestapo go around to each house, apartment, trailer, car and search and seize all guns. Have roadblock where the police will search every car for weapons. Make having in your possession a gun and you will be sentence to DEATH by a bullet to the back of your head and have your family billed for that bullet.

Is that what you want to hear?
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby rishaed on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:22 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:Greekdog said: So, if you want to solve for these problems, you need to ban guns, confiscate all currently held firearms, and ban the manufacture of guns.

We have a proliferation of guns in America and we have too many mentally ill and deranged individuals. Let the mass killings continue, it's what we do best. The solutions have been on the table for decades, but the NRA runs the Republican Party.

http://thedailybanter.com/2015/04/the-new-president-of-the-national-rifle-association-is-predictably-awful/

So, good to know that you don't have a valid or effective solution! Thanks for proving my point.

Right now, the only way to stop all the madness in America is either having every man, women and child armed to the teeth with body armor. OR, have the neighborhood police/gestapo go around to each house, apartment, trailer, car and search and seize all guns. Have roadblock where the police will search every car for weapons. Make having in your possession a gun and you will be sentence to DEATH by a bullet to the back of your head and have your family billed for that bullet.

A. I think you've gone off the deep end.
B. TGD never made any of those statements.
C. Well I'm just gonna assume you were drunk and on acid when you made this post.
D. If these are youre true thoughts on the matter, well.....
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Guns don't make us safe. Vasectomies make us safe.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Bernie Sanders on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:37 pm

rishaed wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

A. I think you've gone off the deep end.
B. TGD never made any of those statements.
C. Well I'm just gonna assume you were drunk and on acid when you made this post.
D. If these are youre true thoughts on the matter, well.....

You my dim-witted friend are a moron. I also think Greekdog can speak for himself.

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Bernie, have you ever tried to makefriends? I presume not. Must be lonely.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Feel free to address this question in a way that supports your claim, I'm gonna bet you will ignore it.

Armed psycho enters group A of 50 people, none of which are carrying guns, none of which can defend themselves
Armed psycho enters group B of 50 people, all of which are carrying guns, all of them can defend themselves
which group fares better, and why?

Guns can be weapons for killing, guns can also be defense tools to prevent from being killed. When you make a premise based solely on guns, you are kinda saying that it's forks that make people fat and pencils that misspell words. We all know that isn't the case, but sure, you can make the case all you want. Good luck and I look forward to your response to my question

here's another scenario, Scotty ;
psycho who cant obtain a gun enters group A of 50 people, none of which are carrying guns,
Armed psycho enters group B of 50 people, whether or not they are carrying guns,

just saying you cant prove the best solution by one scenario or even many ; any change in a huge collection of complex systems will be better in some ways and worse in others ....
I would note in general that countries with relatively unarmed populations tend to be peaceful and safe for day to day life ,( when there governments don't have militaristic police and don't let the army engage readily in internal population control or politics otherwise the government may often be oppressive/totalitarian )...I don't know if/how the U.S. can get there from here ... terrorism aside I think some countries Israel (?Switzerland too?) seem to be safer from internal violent crime by having the entire young population do mandatory military service, but I think there are too few of them/ exceptional other circumstances to read much into those examples .. I don't know that the proliferation of guns has made the U.S. more violent, but it sure has made the violence more deadly
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Feel free to address this question in a way that supports your claim, I'm gonna bet you will ignore it.

Armed psycho enters group A of 50 people, none of which are carrying guns, none of which can defend themselves
Armed psycho enters group B of 50 people, all of which are carrying guns, all of them can defend themselves

Guns can be weapons for killing, guns can also be defense tools to prevent from being killed. When you make a premise based solely on guns, you are kinda saying that it's forks that make people fat and pencils that misspell words. We all know that isn't the case, but sure, you can make the case all you want. Good luck and I look forward to your response to my question

Scenario B was the gunfight in Waco, right? 9 dead, 18 injured, 170 arrested.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:49 am

riskllama wrote:your country is just plain fucked. i say sit back and enjoy the ride, you guys... ;)

pretty much. There are all kinds of future plans and ideas and policies being set up that very few civilians know anything about, but I think a great many Americans are starting to/have been seeing that these plans and ideas and policies are going to be built on a foundation that operates on a new understanding of the how and why the exoskeleton of protections and safeties that have been built around and continue to encase the U.S. Constitution and our Bill of Rights, thereby separating some/many fundamental rights from Americans, for our own best interest of course.

In some ways, the only real choice we have is whether to laugh or cry. Or Trump ;)
Major Phatscotty

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:38 am

Phatscotty wrote:
riskllama wrote:your country is just plain fucked. i say sit back and enjoy the ride, you guys... ;)

pretty much. There are all kinds of future plans and ideas and policies being set up that very few civilians know anything about, but I think a great many Americans are starting to/have been seeing that these plans and ideas and policies are going to be built on a foundation that operates on a new understanding of the how and why the exoskeleton of protections and safeties that have been built around and continue to encase the U.S. Constitution and our Bill of Rights, thereby separating some/many fundamental rights from Americans, for our own best interest of course.

In some ways, the only real choice we have is whether to laugh or cry. Or Trump ;)

Trump? The guy who says that a woman who goes to the washroom is disgusting?

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:41 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Bernie, have you ever tried to makefriends? I presume not. Must be lonely.

Not lonely at all, thank you. Just don't like morons trying to derail threads with moronic comments. While we are at it Monkee boy, STFU! Oh no, I think I lost another internet friend, oh, the inhumanity of it all.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Phatscotty wrote: Or Trump ;)

Trump?

Well..... I suppose that figures. Truth is, there are 2 problems with him. 1. He's full of crude and irresponsible bluster. 2. He's a lot of hot air with few real claims to match his bluster. Then again, in a lot of ways, so was Reagan. (except Trump is no Ronald Reagan!)
Corporal PLAYER57832

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,