Conquer Club

Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)

Postby patches70 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:38 am

Sorry PS, but that movie sucks balls. It's horrible. It's a mess of a movie. The critics panned it but I read comments on IMDB message boards to the effect "don't listen to the critics" and such and I've come to the conclusion that those posts taken at face value (as in regular people not studio plants) then they must be super fanboys because this movie has so many problems.

The writing is terrible. The dialog cringe inducing.
The fanboys said the action sequences were amazing. They were shit. Half the time I couldn't tell what the f*ck was going on during the fight, chase, battle scenes. The car chase was especially confusing. Lois Lane is fucking retarded.
And why is Batman so pissed off at Superman anyway? His motivation is shit. They fucked up Doomsday and Lordy don't even get me started on Lex Luther. Lex Luther, the super evil genius who in this movie couldn't even string together a sentence and in the end is whimpering and crying in a cell? Luther is a lot of things, but he ain't no crybaby.
The reveals of the future members of the Justice League looked horrible. Aquaman looked stupid. Cyborg was ridiculous and Flash was just cliche.

There were some positives I suppose. Ben didn't do horrible as Batman considering what he had to work with. Gadot was pretty good, about the only decent thing in the movie and she had about a ten minute screen time. The best scene in the whole movie is when Wonder Woman got punched and knocked down by Doomsday and her sword got dropped. She looks up and gives this smile like "About Time I had a real challenge!" as she reaches to retrieve her sword. That was decent. She looked amazing and Gal Gadot is pretty hot but she also had that Amazon physique which helps lend credence to the character Wonder Woman.
But that's about it. The soundtrack was decent but overbearing at times.

What's worse is Zack Snyder is slated to direct a bunch more of the DCCU, that is a mistake. He did a good job with Watchmen and 300 but since then he's been shit. He was definitely a bad choice and he should be dumped as soon as possible. The critics might be right, Batman v Superman might just be the movie that destroyed the entire DC cinematic universe.

It fucking sucks. There is no need to go watch this turd of a movie.
Last edited by patches70 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private patches70

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:43 am

How much do you know about the Justice league? This was a really important movie if you understand the JLA.

If you dont, its not the greatest, but was a necessity.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby patches70 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Man, I collected comic books for decades. Maybe it's because I know enough about these characters to see how badly they (the film makers) screwed it all up.

One of the reasons why this movie is so bad is because they deviated from the source material so much. Batman and Superman fighting is completely separate from the Death of Superman. They fought for reasons entirely different than put forth in this movie. This isn't necessarily a bad thing if the reason why they are fighting in this movie makes sense. It doesn't. There is no logic and no rationale.

So that's how you want the characters for the future Justice league introduced? From CCTV tapes? How about a coherent movie with a coherent story? How about characters that act logically? The movie is filled with cliched tropes that distract from what could have been a really good story.

It's billed Batman vs Superman and yet if you've seen the trailers then you've seen pretty much the entirety of their fight. And that's ignoring the illogical hatred Batman has for Superman.

But then let's just go ahead and ignore that irrational response from Bruce Wayne and his hatred for Superman for a moment. So Batman, who has spending over 19 months figuring out how to kill Superman, plotting how he's going to do it and when it comes time for him to stab Superman with the Kyrptospear he stops because Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne's mothers are both named "Martha"? That is a ridiculous emotional contrivance. Ok, whatever, logically Batman would just stab Superman and be done. Batman doesn't give a shit about Superman's mother else he wouldn't be trying to kill Superman in the first place. "Oh, but Batman is really trying to save his own mother" one might counter. Ridiculous contrivance, 'nuff said.

Let's forget about that, during the fight Superman just had to grab Batman (he had plenty of opportunity), hold him down and say "Lex is going to kill my mother unless you help me" and that might just have gotten through to Batman. Instead, Superman just keeps batting away the Batman instead of just explaining with a simple, single short sentence. Not only that but Bruce Wayne had been investigating Luther while searching for a way to kill Superman and he had a pretty good idea that Luther was a bad guy. Batman would put it all together rather quickly if Superman had just grabbed him and told him the deal right from the start of the "fight".

Ok, let's forget about that. Lois Lane gets the Kyrptospear and tosses it into a well so that later she has to go back and get the spear for the sole purpose of creating tension because she gets trapped and is going to drown. You don't create tension by having characters doing stupid shit. There are much better ways to create tension. It's just facepalm cliches.

Let's forget about that, I suppose Lois is supposed to be stupid and a damsel in distress so that Superman can keep saving her every time she does something dumb. We got Wonder Woman, typically a goofy character to begin with in which the movie manages to make really cool. She's a badass in this movie, and she serves zero purpose. Hey, instead of having Superman stab Doomsday so that he can in turn get stabbed to death himself, let Wonder Woman toss that Kyrptospear like a javelin right into Doomsday's heart after Batman Kryptogasses him? Then you'd have an actual purpose for Wonder Woman. Ok whatever, Superman has to die. In all truth, the movie would have been better if you get rid of Batman and Superman and just have Wonder Woman fight Doomsday the whole movie.

Which brings us to the fifteen minute funeral scene. Jesus Christ! Snyder loves his funeral scenes, Watchmen had a fifteen minute funeral scene as well except that funeral scene was actually important to the plot. A nice long funeral scene so we can all get excited when the dirt starts levitating on Superman's casket. So what movie are we seeing here? The Death of Superman movie? Or the Dawn of Justice (League) movie? Maybe a Batman vs Superman movie? Naw, scratch that last one. This wasn't that or even close to the real Batman vs Superman story which would actually make a great movie by itself.

You see, this movie tried to cram in a bunch of concepts into one movie. You've got the Bat vs Superman, you've got the Justice League, you've got the death of Superman, each of which could have been an interesting movie in and of themselves. Instead they try to cram them all in together and screwed all of them up. The CCTV footage of the future league members was ridiculous. Aquaman looked terrible, Cyborg was corny as hell and there isn't anything to say about Flash except he has his own TV show for Heaven's sake, you don't think there is a better way to set that up?

The Batman vs Superman part of the movie was idiotic, why is Batman so angry at Superman? Superman didn't destroy the building with Bruce Wayne's employees out of malice or forethought. Superman was doing everything he could to protect them. It was Zod who did the evil deeds. Batman blaming Superman makes zero sense at all. That could have been done a lot better obviously, it was trope at best.

Then you've got the death of Superman. My eyes roll even now as I remember Lois Lane pleading to Superman "don't do it!" like an idiot, what else is he supposed to do? Just some more of that cringe worthy dialogue. They did the same thing to Doomsday that they did to Deadpool in the Xmen Origins movie when they screwed up Deadpool's character by giving him a whole bunch of powers he never had in the comics. Newsflash, you don't need to have Doomsday shooting laser beams out of his face or turning him into a walking mininuke, he's already badass enough being ultra strong, highly resistant to virtually all forms of damage and massive healing power.

The movie is a complete mess that only severe fanboys can appreciate. I like superheroes, comics but unfortunately I'm not a brain dead fanboy so I was unable to look past the many, many flaws in this movie and watch with a suspension of belief. For the movie to be good the film maker needs to make the audience to experience that suspension or it all falls apart.

I saw this movie with a full crowd. The theater was full. When Wonder Woman made her appearance, silence. No claps, no cheers, nothing. If the movie had been done right the theater should have erupted.
Lex at the end, his whatever he had, psychotic break? I dunno, but the camera peeling back as he did his thing was supposed to give the audience a sense of dread. Instead it made everyone want to look at their watch and wonder when this turd of a movie was going to be done. They totally screwed up Lex Luther's character. No one in the theater gave a shit when Superman got stabbed to death, no one gave a shit when the obvious hint that Superman wasn't really dead was revealed. No one gives a shit that Darkseid is coming because the movie is an incoherent mess that no one except fanboys with esoteric knowledge of comic nuances understands. How many people do you think realized that was The Flash who appeared to Bruce Wayne in his ridiculous dream sequence? No one except religious Superman, JLA and Batman comic collectors.

And that's a shame, it could have been so much better. I was hoping it would be so much better. The movie sucked. Just like I won't go see another Xmen movie in the theaters after that turd Xmen 3 movie, nor will I spend my money to go see another Justice League movie especially when you got the same director that screwed this movie up so badly. Hey, instead of wasting so much time on bullshit funerals, dream sequences, illogical vendettas, how about a little character development or barring that maybe a little bit of logic at least.

I'm gonna go see the Suicide Squad movie but I'm a bit nervous about that because it's PG13 instead of being R rated like it should be. After this crap movie I am hoping beyond hope that they haven't screwed up the Suicide Squad.
Private patches70

Postby riskllama on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:30 pm

of course it sucked. all super hero movies suck, the notable exceptions being the watchmen and and the first sin city. everything else...
sucks.
Major riskllama

Medals: 57
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Frito Bandito on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:21 pm

How bad is it? Worse than Avatar bad - or just really bad?
Major Frito Bandito

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (5)

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:32 pm

riskllama wrote:of course it sucked. all super hero movies suck, the notable exceptions being the watchmen and and the first sin city. everything else...
sucks.

Sin City wasn't really a superhero movie. Do you mean movies based on comics?

If you do, I humbly submit Scott Pilgrim for your consideration.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:40 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:How much do you know about the Justice league? This was a really important movie if you understand the JLA.

If you dont, its not the greatest, but was a necessity.

This is the stupidest comment ever. It was the worst introduction to the Justice League possible. How is it even remotely important? Having no origin story and just starting with them already on a team together would have been better.

Patches, you didn't even cover half of what is wrong with the movie.

How about the line from the trailer where Batman says: "I thought she was with you" as if he didn't just track her and email her and read Lex Luthor's file on her. Does Batman all of a sudden develop a wry, ironic sense of humor during the Doomsday fight?

How about the parademon dream? Talk about painting the rest of the movies into a corner. Not only did they f*ck up this movie, but they also fucked up the entire series and now it can't go anywhere good.

What about almost the entire Lois Lane "bullet" storyline that had no relevance to anything, ever?

The more I think about it the more pissed off I get.

How to be Single is a way better movie. So is Triple 9.
saxitoxin wrote:
mrswdk wrote:after a man orgasms his brain releases various different chemicals that make him feel sleepy

After DY orgasms he develops a new recipe for chicken taragon, rearranges his closet, and then edits a paper on the Collected Works of John Stuart Mill.
Major DoomYoshi

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (14)

Postby patches70 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:36 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

Patches, you didn't even cover half of what is wrong with the movie.

Oh, I know. It was such a mess that I can't even remember all the bad parts.

DoomYoshi wrote:How about the line from the trailer where Batman says: "I thought she was with you" as if he didn't just track her and email her and read Lex Luthor's file on her. Does Batman all of a sudden develop a wry, ironic sense of humor during the Doomsday fight?

Even worse, you see the trailer for those particular lines but in the movie when those lines are delivered there is a bunch of rock/techno music blaring and it completely diluted any wry humor that may have been. The sound track and the use of music in the movie was just God awful.

DoomYoshi wrote:How about the parademon dream? Talk about painting the rest of the movies into a corner. Not only did they f*ck up this movie, but they also fucked up the entire series and now it can't go anywhere good.

That dream was messed up and stupid. The Flash came in at the end of it, just before Wayne woke up. The Flash can travel through time apparently, but he can't travel into people's dreams for f*ck's sake. It just made no sense.

DoomYoshi wrote:What about almost the entire Lois Lane "bullet" storyline that had no relevance to anything, ever?

Sure, but if you wanna talk about pointless, the entire chase scene where Batman is trying to steal the Kryptonite from the smugglers. Batman murders a bunch of guys and doesn't get the Kryptonite. Superman puts a stop to him and even though Batman had just literally killed a bunch of guys Superman lets him go. Batman then later steals the Kryptonite off camera making the whole chase scene pointless anyway. They could have had an action scene of Batman, you know, actually stealing the Kryptonite where he no doubt murdered some more guards.

DoomYoshi wrote:The more I think about it the more pissed off I get.

Me too man, I got freaking ripped off seeing that movie.
Private patches70

Postby patches70 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Frito Bandito wrote:How bad is it? Worse than Avatar bad - or just really bad?

Avatar is bad, but at least it's pleasurable viewing. Avatar is a marvel of visual eyegasims at least. BvS isn't even that. It's just a complete mess. You are better off waiting until the DVD comes out, gets pirated on the interwebz and watching it for free. Feel zero guilt in doing so because these fuckers have ripped off so many people who went to the theaters to watch it. They deserve some pay back.

It's just really bad.

There are decent parts, I guess but skip this turd and thank me later.
Private patches70

Postby luns101 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm really disappointed to hear this because I've waited for it to be released for so long. I was hoping DC could replicate what Marvel has accomplished on the big screen. But my experience on this site is that regardless of political or religious viewpoints, everyone pretty much tells the truth when it comes to movie reviews.

Thanks for the warning, patches. I hope it will be somewhat entertaining when I watch it on DVD.
Major luns101

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:38 pm

luns101 wrote:I'm really disappointed to hear this because I've waited for it to be released for so long. I was hoping DC could replicate what Marvel has accomplished on the big screen. But my experience on this site is that regardless of political or religious viewpoints, everyone pretty much tells the truth when it comes to movie reviews.

Thanks for the warning, patches. I hope it will be somewhat entertaining when I watch it on DVD.

The DC animated movies are pretty good, if you feel like checking them out.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby riskllama on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Symmetry wrote:
riskllama wrote:of course it sucked. all super hero movies suck, the notable exceptions being the watchmen and and the first sin city. everything else...
sucks.

mmm...yeah, i guess so. i didn't know scott pilgrim was a comic book. that's the one w/michael cera fighting all the ex boyfriends, right? if that's the case, yeah, i did enjoy it. people should just stop going tp them at theatres. after a couple $100 000 000 bombs, hollywood may figure out you can't continuously feed people crap and expect them to pay $26 a pop to see them...
either that or, start putting people in prison for making shitty movies...
Last edited by riskllama on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major riskllama

Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:45 pm

riskllama wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
sucks.

mmm...yeah, i guess so. i didn't know scott pilgrim was a comic book. that's the one w/michael cera fighting all the ex boyfriends, right? if that's the case, yeah, i did enjoy it. people should just stop going tp them at theatres. after a couple $100 000 000 bombs, hollywood may figure out you can't continuously feed people crap and expect them to pay $26 a pop to see them...

That's the one, and it's evil exes.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:47 pm

have you watched "incendies" yet???
Major riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:53 pm

riskllama wrote:have you watched "incendies" yet???

No- it's still on my list. It's not easy to pick up and I tend to be a bit eclectic in film watching.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby patches70 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:55 pm

luns101 wrote:I'm really disappointed to hear this because I've waited for it to be released for so long. I was hoping DC could replicate what Marvel has accomplished on the big screen. But my experience on this site is that regardless of political or religious viewpoints, everyone pretty much tells the truth when it comes to movie reviews.

I was excited for this movie too. For this movie to be good they'd have had to rewrite the entire script.
The positives are that Ben didn't do a terrible job as Batman. I saw an interview with Snyder where he praised the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel and he said they based the Batman character on that depiction but that they went "their own way" with the story. That's where Snyder fucked up IMO. That is the Superman vs Batman fight, there is no need to go changing that masterpiece and just for the sake of introducing the JLA. Ben did a good job of depicting an older and more cynical Bruce Wayne/Batman.
The next Batman movie with Ben as Batman might have some hope of being decent.

And the Wonder Woman scenes, if you've seen the trailers then you've seen pretty much all the Wonder Woman action in the movie. Seriously, that's all there is with the exception of her getting punched in the face once by Doomsday and her grinning about it. I'm so pissed about this movie I could almost punch Phattscotty in the face. :twisted:

All I can say is they better not have fucked up Suicide Squad.
Private patches70

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:58 pm

And there is a DC animated version of the Dark Knight Returns.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby luns101 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Symmetry wrote:

Yeah, I've seen some of them. I was surprised to learn that Mark Hammil was the voice of the Joker.
Major luns101

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby notyou2 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:09 pm

You guys sure type a lot of words about nothing. Are your fingers sore?
Captain notyou2

Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (1)

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:13 pm

luns101 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Yeah, I've seen some of them. I was surprised to learn that Mark Hammil was the voice of the Joker.

He's up there with Heath Ledger for best portrayal of the Joker. He doesn't do the voice work in the Dark Knight Returns movies though.

The DC animated stuff is really good for voice actors. Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern? Perfect. CCH Pounder as Amanda Waller? Can't be beaten.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:30 pm

After scrolling past anything resembling spoilers, all I will say are two things;
1. I will reserve my judgement until I see it (either Netflix or rental).
2. Please use the spoiler tags for the, well, spoilers.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:46 pm

patches wrote:Let's forget about that, during the fight Superman just had to grab Batman (he had plenty of opportunity), hold him down and say "Lex is going to kill my mother unless you help me" and that might just have gotten through to Batman. Instead, Superman just keeps batting away the Batman instead of just explaining with a simple, single short sentence. Not only that but Bruce Wayne had been investigating Luther while searching for a way to kill Superman and he had a pretty good idea that Luther was a bad guy. Batman would put it all together rather quickly if Superman had just grabbed him and told him the deal right from the start of the "fight".

You've pretty much described like 90% of any problems with movies regarding conflict between characters. I often see a movie where two characters are arguing or pitted against each other, and the whole situation would've been avoided if one character had simply uttered like one line.

It's an easy and lazy contrivance for Hollywood movies especially to create some sort of tension.

-TG
mrswdk wrote:When your balls look like a couple of dates in a gym sock you probably come to figure that pussy's pussy.
Lieutenant TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Symmetry on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:21 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
patches wrote:Let's forget about that, during the fight Superman just had to grab Batman (he had plenty of opportunity), hold him down and say "Lex is going to kill my mother unless you help me" and that might just have gotten through to Batman. Instead, Superman just keeps batting away the Batman instead of just explaining with a simple, single short sentence. Not only that but Bruce Wayne had been investigating Luther while searching for a way to kill Superman and he had a pretty good idea that Luther was a bad guy. Batman would put it all together rather quickly if Superman had just grabbed him and told him the deal right from the start of the "fight".

You've pretty much described like 90% of any problems with movies regarding conflict between characters. I often see a movie where two characters are arguing or pitted against each other, and the whole situation would've been avoided if one character had simply uttered like one line.

It's an easy and lazy contrivance for Hollywood movies especially to create some sort of tension.

-TG

Tends to be true of life too, unfortunately. I've lost count of the arguments I could have ended by simply telling a partner that my mother's life was at stake.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:33 pm

Perhaps you should get her checked into some sort of facility better equipped to care for her.

-TG
mrswdk wrote:When your balls look like a couple of dates in a gym sock you probably come to figure that pussy's pussy.
Lieutenant TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Symmetry on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:27 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Perhaps you should get her checked into some sort of facility better equipped to care for her.

-TG

But then I wouldn't be able to form a league. A kind of league dedicated to justice. A league that I term- the Avengers.

Or maybe the Justice Society of America.

I haven't decided yet.
Sergeant Symmetry

Next

Return to A long-necked flying dog