Conquer Club

Lol at Weight Loss Fads and their demographic.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Lol at Weight Loss Fads and their demographic.

Postby william18 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:04 pm

So i got a good dose of semi-late night tv. Don Lemon was spending his whole time slot interviewing the Orlando shooters ex-wife, who was a terrible interview. She was the conversational equivalent of a starfish in bed.

So I started to flip through the channels, and man has Tom Bergeron stooped to new lows after quitting Americas funniest home videos. I saw him as the co-host of a paid program for a some sort of weight loss program where they just send you plastic boxes for portion sizes, and some ladies exercise dvds.

All the anecdotes made me laugh/cringe. Sure Atkins doesn't work since maintaining ketosis is hard for someone with no will power. But when they say the gym doesn't work, I face palm so hard. They present the product as this innovative breakthrough, that will yield results in 3 weeks. In reality the only reason those people promoting the product lost weight is because those boxes portioned food for them, and most of the weight they lost was water weight from cutting their carb intake. Same with all those programs where you literally just buy food portions. Why not just stop eating so much? Or count calories? Or properly work out?

Currently social media is at the peak of a fitness fad, with countless resources at peoples disposal, yet most people still can't figure it out. Everyone wants to lose 10 pounds in a week and get abs in a month. Lol at these programs who claim they have a magic bullet, and lol at the people who believe them. Mostly at the people who believe them. Can't blame a business for seeking profits from suckers.
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Re: Lol at Weight Loss Fads and their demographic.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:16 pm

Welcome to the world?

This is nothing new, stuff like this has been going on since time immemorial.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby waauw on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:46 pm

Lol what? 10 pounds in one week? If you want excess skin and muscle losses, go right ahead.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:36 pm

I swallowed a hose and get kept swallowing until it came out my ass. Now I don't digest anything - it just goes for the hose. It's much easier to get a sanitary night at AoGs.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,