Conquer Club

Gun Control/Immigration Control/Survelliance

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gun Control/Immigration Control/Survelliance

Postby KoolBak on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:52 am

No difference between a rifle and a pistol.... :lol:

An ar shoots a .223; I would say your average pistol is a 9mm or a 40 cal, based on popularity. Do you understand ballistics, mag capacities and accuracy? An ar typically has a 30 round clip; a pistol up to 15 or so (if you're not in california or other regulated states where the max is 10). That isnt that big of a deal......a .223 can drill through 3 people. A pistol can't. An ar is easily accurate at 200 yards. A pistol is maybe 30 (for your average joe). I could go on....

That was just a silly statement. And as I mentioned above, MANY states limit mag capacities on pistols to 10 rounds.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:23 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I'm not sure you disagree with me. I think you want to disagree with me because you want gun control in some form or fashion.

No, the point here is that the only thing you seemingly find yourself willing to talk about is the policies that are actually coming up for debate on the floor instead of what should optimally be done. If you want to bash Democrats or Republicans or whoever else, that's fine, but don't pretend you're contributing to the dialogue on gun control when you're admittedly off on some other vendetta of allegedly proving that Democrats and Republicans are the same.

I find the Democrats' arguments almost as disgusting as the Republicans' arguments regarding gun control. But we'll put the Republicans' arguments to the side. Let's do everything the Democrats want to do. Let's ban the AR-15, let's ban "assault weapons," and let's provide background checks for everyone.

That's only a very small fraction of what most Democrats want to do. Those just happen to be the most politically feasible ones right now. If you got rid of the Republicans, we could have a lot more gun control than that.

I'm not pretending to contribute to the dialogue on gun control. This is a thread about American politics and how shitty they are. Semi-related, Amy Schumer tweeted today. Like Kim Kardashian, she would like to contribute to the dialogue on gun control by bashing the Republicans for fuck-all. Do you not understand how problematic it is for almost the entirety of the political class, including blogs, opinion pieces, and news reporting, to be focused on such an ineffective waste of everyone's time? The amount of actual and political and verbal capital be expended to outlaw AR-15s is so absurd and everyone should be outraged. But they aren't because they lack any type of knowledge and don't have the wherewithal or time to go get that knowledge.

All I hear most Democrats wanting to do is what they tell me they want to do. I don't have your mind reading device. I can probably assume that "first it's the AR-15s, then it's the handguns" is what most Democrats think, but I have no idea considering that the vast, vast, vast, vast, vast majority of gun crimes are committed with handguns, not AR-15s or "assault weapons" or whatever the f*ck. So I would think the Democrats would say "handguns kill the most people every year, therefore we should start with handguns." Or put the handguns to the side for a second. If Democrats are interested in stopping only massacres like Orlando or Sandy Hook, they should determine how those people legally purchased guns (note, the Sandy Hook shooter stole the guns... stealing guns is illegal so we can't make that double illegal) and then solve that problem. Or they could determine what types of people do the killing and try to figure out how to solve that problem (mental health, gangs, lack of education).

Instead, we literally get big fights, with lots of attentions on ideas THAT WON'T FUCKING WORK AT ALL! Expelling all illegal immigrants would not have stopped Sandy Hook or Orlando. Banning AR-15s or assault weapons would not have stopped Sandy Hook or Orlando. If there was a handful of Democrats or Republicans that actually came up with a viable idea backed up by facts, then I wouldn't be angry. Instead CNN is reporting on fucking Kim Kardashian tweets about gun control and the Democrats "sitting in" on the House of Representatives like that's going to do anything. I saw one article... one... on the role the NRA has to play in this and that was a hit piece on how Trump is losing NRA support because he supports certain types of gun control.

tl;dr - f*ck off Mets.

As an outsider looking in, it appears to me that the Republicans were the original mud slingers, but I could be wrong. When I was a teen and we first got US cable channels, I was shocked at the political commercials and how venomous they were (worse today). That kind of behaviour seems to have the opposite effect in Canadian politics. The mudslingers lose.
Captain notyou2

Postby a6mzero on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 pm

When the founding fathers added the 2nd amendment all the guns were muzzle loaders . Hard to kill 49 people unless they just stand there and let u reload for an hour.
Cook a6mzero

Postby riskllama on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:10 pm

a6mzero wrote:When the founding fathers added the 2nd amendment all the guns were muzzle loaders . Hard to kill 49 people unless they just stand there and let u reload for an hour.

the sore losing nurse has a point.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Neoteny on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:39 pm

The Constertation!
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Borderdawg on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:02 am

a6mzero wrote:When the founding fathers added the 2nd amendment all the guns were muzzle loaders . Hard to kill 49 people unless they just stand there and let u reload for an hour.

Actually, a muzzle loader can be loaded and fired 3-4 times per minute by anyone with average coordination and a decent amount of training. That's roughly 16-17 minutes to fire 49 shots. If you're gonna run your mouth, check your numbers. And the Orlando shooter was in the club for how long? Hell, in a crowded situation like that, a man with a pair of bowies could easily rack up a similar death toll in less time. For that matter, with a baseball bat. Gun control the lib way DOES NOT, WILL NOT, AND NEVER HAS done one fooking thing to save a life. In fact, I'd venture to say that gun control has probably contributed to more deaths than it has prevented.
Asst. Gatekeeper, XI Games.
Corporal Borderdawg

Postby mrswdk on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Borderdawg wrote:

Actually, a muzzle loader can be loaded and fired 3-4 times per minute by anyone with average coordination and a decent amount of training. That's roughly 16-17 minutes to fire 49 shots. If you're gonna run your mouth, check your numbers. And the Orlando shooter was in the club for how long? Hell, in a crowded situation like that, a man with a pair of bowies could easily rack up a similar death toll in less time. For that matter, with a baseball bat.

with a baseball bat
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Borderdawg wrote:

Actually, a muzzle loader can be loaded and fired 3-4 times per minute by anyone with average coordination and a decent amount of training. That's roughly 16-17 minutes to fire 49 shots. If you're gonna run your mouth, check your numbers. And the Orlando shooter was in the club for how long? Hell, in a crowded situation like that, a man with a pair of bowies could easily rack up a similar death toll in less time. For that matter, with a baseball bat. Gun control the lib way DOES NOT, WILL NOT, AND NEVER HAS done one fooking thing to save a life. In fact, I'd venture to say that gun control has probably contributed to more deaths than it has prevented.

What a moron you are. If you can load a single shot load in 15 seconds, that would give people a chance to runaway or jump the shooter.

Less gun control helps save lives? Ok, you want to compare bowies and bats to an ASSUALT RIFLE? It's obvious that you lack education and real independent thought.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Borderdawg wrote:

Actually, a muzzle loader can be loaded and fired 3-4 times per minute by anyone with average coordination and a decent amount of training. That's roughly 16-17 minutes to fire 49 shots. If you're gonna run your mouth, check your numbers. And the Orlando shooter was in the club for how long? Hell, in a crowded situation like that, a man with a pair of bowies could easily rack up a similar death toll in less time. For that matter, with a baseball bat. Gun control the lib way DOES NOT, WILL NOT, AND NEVER HAS done one fooking thing to save a life*. In fact, I'd venture to say that gun control has probably contributed to more deaths than it has prevented.*

*Except, of course, for places where gun control has been implemented, resulting in fewer gun crimes, suicides, etc.

*Citation needed

But anyway, if you ignore the practical examples of gun control actually working, say in Australia, or the UK, and add some weird unsubstantiated fantasy where guns are somehow life saving devices, you may well be on to something.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby mrswdk on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mrswdk on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:20 pm

This thread is now about non-mainstream British music artists:

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mizery24 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Explosion in Central Park!!

Home made bomb!!

I believe it is time to ban home made bombs in this country. If there were people around they could have been injured or killed.

Also, let's ban guns, lets not mention that there are Islamic extremists or and that US foreign policy has failed this region of the world. C'mon people!
Corporal 1st Class mizery24

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:52 pm

mizery24 wrote:Explosion in Central Park!!

Home made bomb!!

I believe it is time to ban home made bombs in this country. If there were people around they could have been injured or killed.

Also, let's ban guns, lets not mention that there are Islamic extremists or and that US foreign policy has failed this region of the world. C'mon people!

There are already bans on guns in the US, kiddo. Feel like picking up a full auto rifle? Banned, dude. Want to carry a shotgun on your flight? Nope, sorry again.

So, let's get real, banning guns is a thing. Effective bans is also a thing.

Banning Muslims= not a thing.

Am I down with the kids?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Serious question: can you buy gunpowder?

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:36 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Serious question: can you buy gunpowder?

Yeah- in fireworks. There tends to be age limits though.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:56 pm

Yes, you can buy gunpowder. At least you could, back when I was into guns. Don't know if anything has changed. But a lot of guys I knew back then made their own shells.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:09 pm

Symmetry wrote:

Well in quite a few states you can't buy fireworks, 'cos they're dangerous. Obviously unlike guns which are perfectly safe. That's why I was wondering about the gunpowder.

I know you can buy fireworks in most of the UK, but I suspect that unpacking the explosive from the firework would probably be illegal.

Postby notyou2 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:15 pm

You can buy the ingredients for gunpowder and make gunpowder.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Gunpowder
Captain notyou2

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:19 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Well in quite a few states you can't buy fireworks, 'cos they're dangerous. Obviously unlike guns which are perfectly safe. That's why I was wondering about the gunpowder.

I know you can buy fireworks in most of the UK, but I suspect that unpacking the explosive from the firework would probably be illegal.

No idea on the unpacking thing. I doubt that it's a punishable crime though. Probably more like a bad idea in the first place.

If the police notice you're minus a finger, and plus a bunch of powder burns, likely they'll figure out what you've been playing with anyway.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

Yes, you can buy gunpowder. At least you could, back when I was into guns. Don't know if anything has changed. But a lot of guys I knew back then made their own shells.

i know a couple guys who still do that.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby warmonger1981 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:33 am

Symmetry went full retard again. It is lawful to buy fully automatic weapons in the US. It just highly restricted. Symmetry how many US shooting involved fully automatic weapons?? You should know that airlines are private companies. It's their right to refuse a person trying to carry a gun on the plane. Unless your an undercover Marshall onboard. Let's hope the laws never let that agent go rogue and kill people onboard. We all know that people certified to use guns never kill people. Right??
Captain warmonger1981

Postby KoolBak on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:48 am

Yes you can buy gunpowder. I load my own shotgun shells and tons of people make all their own shells. I have 5 lbs in my gun safe.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:35 pm

OK thanks guys curiosity satisfied.

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,