Conquer Club

What is Life?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What is Life?

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 pm

I've been thinking about the steps in a person's day.
1) wake up
2) do stuff
3) sleep or death

Steps 1 and 3 seem fairly mundane and step 2 is the interesting one.

It seems the standard model of personal economics now seems bizarre. For centuries, some variation of the serf system thrived throughout the world. One was either a landowner, property or a subsistence farmer/hunter/gatherer. Now the whole concept of "jobs" and "home owner" and "consumer" doesn't really parse into this system at all.

I was musing on the Klondike gold rush. A handful of people made a fortune, a few made a comfortable living and most failed and of course, some died. By a modern definition, becoming a Yukon panhandler seems like an irrational choice. Yet I can't help but think of the adventure, the excitement of being in a boom town, the opportunism, the fresh start as worth it. If I could be guaranteed not to die on the way up, and as long as I wouldn't be hungry for too long, I would make the trip. These things can't really be guaranteed, but I think I am resourceful enough to ensure success.

In short, does modern life seem to be missing something to you? I think we still have a serf system, it's just masqueraded in such a way as to cause undue stress. People stress because they don't have a job or their house isn't big enough or they missed GoT or whatever. There is no real middle class, the alleged middle class is simply the lower class pretending to be the upper class, wheras the alleged lower class just accepts a diet of Pepsi and Jerry Springer. That seems to be the trap - as long as you continue striving to be an elite, you are playing into their hands, as the elites in any system rig the system to make it difficult for you. I have always said that anyone not yearning for system collapse is either really rich or really dumb. Rather than striving to be elite, we should strive to dismantle the elite.

On the radio I heard a poll suggest that more teenage girls would rather be Justin Bieber's personal assistant than the President of Harvard. When the President of Harvard was interviewed, she said she'd rather be Justin Bieber's personal assistant to. (I just made that part up). It's really a false question. The question should be: do you want to climb the socioeconomic ladder in one elite-designed method, or another? The only way to win in the system is to design the system.

I mean, I get and like our established institutions. I like that I live in a country where I don't need to bribe officials. I like that the rule of law is generally obeyed and respected. I like that McDonalds has predictable quality. However, I think the cracks are beginning to show in the system. Speed Limits are a complete joke. The sign says "Maximum 100" but means "Minimum 100". Institutions only work when people strive to maintain them. The Egyptian constitution has went through several revisions through the past few years and each revision added new "human rights". The constitution for several years always had rights, but they were listed with a "wink, wink; nudge, nudge" attitude. The constitution said there could be no political prisoners, yet the prisons were full of them. Speed Limits in Ontario are like that.

Never mind the actual bloviation of institutions over time. Big government is terrible, but also inevitable without revolution.

Really, Brexit was a good thing as it stirred up the system. All systems have to suppress something to keep the system functional. You can even see this in family's that have an alcoholic where they won't mention the drinking. Here's the reality check: unless you are an elite, there is a good chance that you are being repressed. Keep shaking that revolution 8-Ball until it comes to an answer you like - "Looking Good".
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: What is Life?

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Baby, don't hurt me,
don't hurt me,
no more.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Serbia on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:15 pm

CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Life is just this thing that people do when they're not totally dead. There is, like, this other school of thought which believes life to be a bowl of cherries, but I submit they can be clearly told apart by the following method: take the object under consideration and discharge a completely humungous shotgun into it from, like, about this far away. If it makes this weird little 'eeeeeeeee/iik' noise, kicks its legs up and down for a while, and then lies still, it was probably life. If, on the other hand, it just leaves this funny stain on the carpet but is otherwise totally unexceptional, then, in my opinion, it was probably a bowl of cherries, man.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby patches70 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:46 pm

Hey, we started out as nomadic hunter gatherers. Discovered agriculture which led to permanent settlements and turned to agriculture societies. From that agriculture stemmed other things like the arts, merchants, etc etc because people had to spend less time getting the food they needed to live and had time to do those other things.

Now we've devolved back into hunter gatherers, mainly gatherers. That #2, "do stuff" is people gathering things. Not just food, but video games, Ipads, Iphones, drugs, hookers, cars, guns, stocks, bonds, etc etc. The "artsy" types are all pretentious assholes because through the course of history we've explored alot of the arts so the art types of today are just recycling old stupid shit and calling it "thoughtful". (Look to Hollywood as the worst types of these offenders). The one thing that seems to have stayed constant is our ability to hate and kill each other. That doesn't ever seem to change.

Then there are all the assholes who post of internet forums, Sheesh those assholes are the worst. Get a fucking life you f*ck alls!

Hey.

Wait a minute.....

FMLJKM
And the cycle repeats! Yeeee!!!
Private patches70

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:48 pm

I've got quite a substantial hooker collection myself.

-TG

Postby patches70 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:53 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I've got quite a substantial hooker collection myself.

-TG

Nice! You keep them in your freezer, bury them or just dump them on the side of I-95?
Private patches70

Postby apey on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:04 pm

He eats them
04:42:40 ‹apey› uhoh
04:42:40 ‹ronc8649› uhoh
iAmCaffeine: 4/28/2016. I love how the PL players are getting wet on your wall
Corporal 1st Class apey

Postby waauw on Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:42 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Baby, don't hurt me,
don't hurt me,
no more.

-TG

Glad I'm not the only who thought this when reading that title. Even though it's actually "What is love".
Lieutenant waauw

Postby tzor on Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:11 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I was musing on the Klondike gold rush.

One of these days I might just write a novel, "Building shit, or how I learned to love Candide." If you have ever seen the Bernstein operetta based on the novel of the same name by Voltaire, you might at first object to the plot. The same might be considered by the Klondike gold rush, which anyone who has ever played the original AD&D game of Gary Gygax would tell you instinctively, that finding too much wealth at once is always a BAD THING. (It basically causes inflation which makes your wealth go away ... in the California gold rush the big food item was oyster stuffed steak because that was the two most expensive items on the menu at the time.)

The last word of Citizen Caine (in the movie of the same name) was that of his childhood sleigh. The search for the meaning (which is only revealed to the audience at the end scene of the burning of his lesser effects) of the last word is the whole theme of the movie.

You've been a fool
And so have I,
But come and be my wife.
And let us try,
Before we die,
To make some sense of life.
We're neither pure, nor wise, nor good
We'll do the best we know.
We'll build our house and chop our wood
And make our garden grow...

If you don't understand that yet ... you have plenty of time ... hopefully.

Let dreamers dream
What worlds they please
Those Edens can't be found.
The sweetest flowers,
The fairest trees
Are grown in solid ground.

Do you really want to understand BREXIT?

* Goes away humming "Glitter and Be Gay"

P.S. I really miss Dick Cavett. P.B.S. used to be a great place once ...
Cadet tzor

Postby warmonger1981 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:24 pm

After agriculture came industrial. That Revolution started the real dependencies that we see today. These dependencies can be called consumerism. Consumerism then became the slaves classes. I once heard that real intelligent people don't want to own a Ferrari. They want to be the manufacturer of the Ferrari. Elite create reality. The buyer just accepts the created. Read the book Propaganda by Edward Bernays. Here's a quote from this profound thinker.

“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.”
― Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda

It is a sort of managerial aristocracy that quietly determines what we buy and how we vote and what we deem as good or bad. “They govern us,” the author writes, “by their qualities of natural leadership, their ability to supply needed ideas and by their key position in the social structure.”
― Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda
Captain warmonger1981

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:04 pm

patches70 wrote:

-TG

Nice! You keep them in your freezer, bury them or just dump them on the side of I-95?

Feed 'em to the hogs.

-TG

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:33 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
patches70 wrote:

-TG

Feed 'em to the hogs.

-TG

But, as we've already established,
apey wrote:He eats them

Therefore, Tails is a pig. Since zhu sounds like tianzhu, he must also be: a)a transvestite b) the Messiah or c)a seamstress for the band
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby warmonger1981 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:41 am

What's the difference between a sports car and a trash can full of dead hookers??

I don't have a sports car parked in my garage.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:23 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
patches70 wrote:

-TG

Feed 'em to the hogs.

-TG

But, as we've already established,
apey wrote:He eats them

Therefore, Tails is a pig. Since zhu sounds like tianzhu, he must also be: a)a transvestite b) the Messiah or c)a seamstress for the band

d) I'll show you my rocket, man.

-TG

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,