Conquer Club

Are we going to talk about Dallas?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Are we going to talk about Dallas?

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:10 am

11 officers down, I've read 5 fatalities so far.

This can't help fix anything.

At least one protester shot.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/07/07/shot ... -protests/
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Are we going to talk about Dallas?

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:47 am

WC wrote:The Commission has found no evidence that either Lee Harvey Oswald or Jack Ruby was part of any conspiracy, domestic or foreign, to assassinate President Kennedy.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BrutalBob on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:50 am

Dukasaur wrote:
WC wrote:The Commission has found no evidence that either Lee Harvey Oswald or Jack Ruby was part of any conspiracy, domestic or foreign, to assassinate President Kennedy.

Youre just reading the subject again arent you
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby mrswdk on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:48 am

The American police operate as if they are in a state of open conflict with the populace. The populace have responded by engaging in open conflict with the police. Events like this will inevitably continue to occur until the police force is reformed.

In Northern Ireland the term 'police service' is used instead of 'police force', to create a culture whereby the police are seen as servants of the public, not a 'force' which stands in semi-opposition to the citizenry. Perhaps it's time for a rebranding?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 am

When citizens can't trust the police or the justice system, society will start to rebel.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:04 am

Is this what you want Bernie? It was basically war.

mrswdk You have a good idea with the rebranding part.

The "open conflict" is happening. Except, it is not "The American police", there are still plenty of Police officers in the United States of America who are committed to serve and protect all people regardless of colour.

The problem is some are most definately afraid, some are ready to open fire on people and some are probably racist.

I would like this to be about cheerleaders Duke, but I think we might end up talking more about the ambush style killings on July 7, 2016. And we should.

I have not heard or read anything from the WC since yesterday, but I don't think this is part of any conspiracy, domestic or foreign, to assassinate President Kennedy either.

12 officers shot, 5 of them are dead,
2 civillians shot
and
one Suspect killed by a bomb robot carrying an improvised explosive device.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:06 am

Saw this coming from a mile. You cant expect to have all the cops killings coupled with social media spread and expect no answer. The justice system does need a reform.

All these protests and preaching of peace...I mean I get it, but the killings have been going on for years now...We didn't become America by protesting, we rebelled. It was only a matter of time until someone was fed up with the justice systems bullshit and inability to act.

I'm not saying I hate all cops, but to dismiss the fact that there are some corrupt or naive individuals in the force who paint a bad picture of them have got to go out the door and not on paid administrative leave.

Again, I have to reiterate, have friends who served or are still serving, but force is going to be answered by force at some point.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:15 am

And I understand the snipers finally decided to even the score.

The problem is they have much more likely made things worse.

It started as a peaceful protest. I really do understand it seemed futile. Perhaps in time this will help, but right now it added 5 people who did not deserve to die just for trying to make it safer to ride a bus or train in Dallas.

I hope people can stop and understand that.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby patches70 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:05 pm

When you have the appearance of law for one group of people and a different law for another group, you get stuff like this. Cops do things that would get an ordinary person tossed straight into jail. Politicians do things that would get ordinary people tossed straight into jail. At some point ordinary people are going to get pissed off and lash out.

People say there are good cops, well if that is true then there shouldn't be any bad cops. Listened to a talk show host who was once a cop. He said he was one of the "good" cops and that he'd seen the bad cops and it made him sick. He got out of the police profession. You can't be a "good cop" and still keep being a cop if you turn a blind eye to the bad cops. Truth is the cops too often stick together and cover up the shit they do with fraternal loyalty even if it's a person who shouldn't be a cop. That makes them all bad.

The police better start cleaning up their departments of all the sociopaths wearing blue. Police officer is one of the most desired jobs of sociopaths* so much so that when a person encounters a police officer they should be wary because that person may very well be dealing with a bonafide sociopath.

It's the sociopaths in blue that is dragging the whole profession down and it's got to be cleared out and all the sociopaths driven out of the various police forces. I have no idea how that is to be accomplished though, so it has to be done from within. Cops gotta stop protecting other cops just because they both share the same uniform.

And while we're at it, drive out all the sociopaths in politics as well. They sure as hell ain't helping things. Ha! That'll be a tough one!

* http://time.com/32647/which-professions ... he-fewest/

* https://mic.com/articles/44423/10-profe ... sociopaths
Private patches70

Postby notyou2 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:44 pm

patches70 wrote:When you have the appearance of law for one group of people and a different law for another group, you get stuff like this. Cops do things that would get an ordinary person tossed straight into jail. Politicians do things that would get ordinary people tossed straight into jail. At some point ordinary people are going to get pissed off and lash out.

People say there are good cops, well if that is true then there shouldn't be any bad cops. Listened to a talk show host who was once a cop. He said he was one of the "good" cops and that he'd seen the bad cops and it made him sick. He got out of the police profession. You can't be a "good cop" and still keep being a cop if you turn a blind eye to the bad cops. Truth is the cops too often stick together and cover up the shit they do with fraternal loyalty even if it's a person who shouldn't be a cop. That makes them all bad.

The police better start cleaning up their departments of all the sociopaths wearing blue. Police officer is one of the most desired jobs of sociopaths* so much so that when a person encounters a police officer they should be wary because that person may very well be dealing with a bonafide sociopath.

It's the sociopaths in blue that is dragging the whole profession down and it's got to be cleared out and all the sociopaths driven out of the various police forces. I have no idea how that is to be accomplished though, so it has to be done from within. Cops gotta stop protecting other cops just because they both share the same uniform.

And while we're at it, drive out all the sociopaths in politics as well. They sure as hell ain't helping things. Ha! That'll be a tough one!

The problem with any military or para-military organization is that they attract the power hungry sadists. The RCMP in Canada used to do a very good job weeding those assholes out. They no longer do. I expect the American police forces are filled with them just as the Canadian municipal police forces are. It is those assholes that ruin it.
Captain notyou2

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:10 pm

BrutalBob wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

It was a joke...:)

In all seriousness, the boys in the ghetto are tired of being used for target practise, and they're starting to shoot back. The only surprising thing is that it didn't happen sooner.

Yes, the majority of cops are decent people. The assholes are a minority. And yet, the system protects that minority and lets them, literally, get away with murder. Cops who kill are rarely charged and even when charged are rarely convicted. Lesser injuries are completely ignored. If you have an encounter with the police and you come away with a few broken teeth, you were obviously resisting arrest. It's no surprise that a sense of outrage is building.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:12 pm

patches70 wrote:When you have the appearance of law for one group of people and a different law for another group, you get stuff like this. Cops do things that would get an ordinary person tossed straight into jail. Politicians do things that would get ordinary people tossed straight into jail. At some point ordinary people are going to get pissed off and lash out.

It's called the Blue Wall, where cops turn a blind eye on the misdeeds of their fellow cops.

This has to change! Any cop who lies or cover-up for others should be kicked out and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby BrutalBob on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:17 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
BrutalBob wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

It was a joke...:)

So was mine :D
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby tzor on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Dukasaur wrote:In all seriousness, the boys in the ghetto are tired of being used for target practise, and they're starting to shoot back. The only surprising thing is that it didn't happen sooner.

Bullshit. Statistics prove that the average cop is 18 times more likely to be shot than the unarmed black man. In fact the number one shooter of black men are in fact other black men. The increase of such attacks in black neighborhoods are the reason why the cops are there in the first place (hint in the mythical village where no crime takes place, you probably never see a cop, except at the donuts shop). The cops go into crime ridden area because they have made a commitment to preserve and protect. Under those conditions shit happens. The fact that this shit is minor compared to the rest of the shit going down in those areas is something against the current narrative and is thus ignored by the media.

Hey it's true, I heard it on Rush's show this afternoon

Then there was a study by the New York Police Department. Te former acting director of the National Institute of Justice found that black officers in the New York Police Department were 3.3 times more likely to use their guns at shooting scenes than white officers. So, A, officers are more hesitant about shooting armed black suspects than armed white suspects to the point where now there's a risk that officers are hesitating so long that they may put their own lives at risk. The Black Lives Matter, that is all about white officers attacking blacks, is simply not true. That's the bottom line here. Everything everybody believes isn't true. They think Ferguson, Missouri happens every day. And it does not.

The fact is that over 6,000 blacks die of homicide each year. That is more than white and Hispanic homicide victims combined, even though blacks are 13 percent of the nation's population. And the reason they are dying of homicide at a rate six times higher than whites and Hispanics combined is because they commit homicide at eight times the rate higher than whites and Hispanics combined. And that type of crime disparity means that when the police are trying to save lives, they are in minority neighborhoods confronting people engaged in driveā€‘by shootings, killing children.

In the last 72 hours in Chicago there's been about four children under the age of eight who have been shot. One boy shot in the back on Father's Day. A threeā€‘yearā€‘old boy was shot. He's now paralyzed for life. That's who police are trying to protect. But given the disparities in crime rates the police cannot help but be in minority neighborhoods where they're confronting violent and resisting suspects and sometimes officers themselves will have to use force to protect themselves and protect innocent bystanders.

Rush, here's another very politically incorrect fact, and I don't want to racialize policing, people should not. But if we're going to talk about race and policing, let's talk about cop killings. Over the last decade, black males made up 40 percent of all cop killers, even though they're six percent of the population. It turns out, Rush, that a police officer is 18-and-a-half times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is likely to be killed by a police officer.

And I can tell you, Rush, that what happened in Dallas is an extreme version of what officers are experiencing every day. It's why we have seen a 17 percent increase in homicides last year in the 56 largest cities. An almost unprecedented one-year spike in homicides because officers are backing off of proactive policing, because I hear this from officers across the country, and I was contacted two weeks ago by several Dallas officers who were talking about their reluctance to engage in proactive policing, because when they get out of their cars now, and this is happening across the country, officers in inner-city areas find themselves surrounded by hostile jeering crowds, sticking cell phones right in the officer's face.
Cadet tzor

Postby patches70 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:54 pm

tzor wrote:
Bullshit. Statistics prove

How does that matter to appearance? Remember that cop that shot the 12 year old kid who had an airsoft gun? There were plenty of warning signs that he was mentally unstable and not suited to be a police officer. The department didn't perform due diligence and a kid was murdered.
Then there is the guy who was buying a BB gun at Walmart. He was carrying it around as he was shopping. Someone freaked out called the cops and when the cops get there they blow him away. The guy never saw it coming. Those cops didn't go to jail. They weren't charged, justified as far as the department went. Even though the guy never pointed the bb gun at the cops, wasn't even facing the cops when they gunned him down. The cops fucked up. No justice at all.

All a cop has to say is "I felt my life was in danger" and no matter the f*ck up, no matter the mistake, they get off. For a cop to actually pay for their mistakes they have to be so blatant as to make any attempt at defense completely impossible. However, a regular citizen makes the mistakes the cops get off for they go to jail. f*ck that.

Then you got the cops who kill someone, then their "official" report turns out to be fabricated in some way and they get administration leave or just fired. Lying on official reports is a fucking crime, period. Try lying on your tax returns and find out what happens. Lie on a report detailing the death of a human being and get a letter put in your file. Even cops shouldn't be let off for that without going to jail, but they are routinely. Cops get off because they are in a "dangerous job", pfft. Our soldiers fighting in wars have dangerous jobs and their Rules for engagement are far stricter than a cops rules. f*ck that.
Perception man, the police and the police apologists keep on ignoring that and there is going to be more and more of this shit happening until the shit really does hit the fan.

People make mistakes. People should have to pay for their mistakes and face the consequences, doesn't matter if you are a cop, a politician or a factory worker. If a cop can't handle that then they should find another profession.

And cops don't protect and serve, they protect and serve the status quo. They serve the economic interests, not the public. They serve the politicians, not the citizens. The New York police as protest (because they felt they weren't being supported enough) stopped making arrests for a while and the New York government freaked out because they lost a ton of revenue from fines. That's what the cops are for, to generate money for government. Do you start to see the problem here?

At the point when a nation's government starts looting their own people for revenue by making 10,000+ laws and ordinances a year for the purpose of generating income to go into local coffers, you start down a dangerous path that leads to insurrection and the cops are the front line troops for this endeavor. When it goes bad it's the cops who are going to be gunned down first until they get the message and no one wants to be a cop anymore.
That stupid guy in New York died because he was selling cigs on the street corner for christ sakes and not a single cop got in trouble for that because they were enforcing "the law". Can't have New York missing out on any of that tax revenue the guy was defrauding the city out of by selling singles on the street.

Man, f*ck that. It's akin to the King having anyone who poaches on Crown Land executed. Doesn't matter if the poacher is hungry and has a hungry family, that's the King's deer!
The cops need to wake the f*ck up and start understanding exactly what they are. The lowest rung on a ladder of a looting government gone wild. They ain't got not a single thing to do with justice, that's not what the cops are for. Justice is for lawyers and judges to figure out. Since cops are rarely prosecuted there is no justice when the cops f*ck up.
Admittedly, the cops are in a difficult position, serving two masters, the oligarch and the public. Guess which master gets his due first?
Private patches70

Postby riskllama on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Rush Limbaugh? is that fat republican f*ck still a thing?
Tzor, that cop shot and killed an innocent black male who had a permit for his weapon. he should be tried for murder, period.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:57 pm

Even before this how do you go to work as a Cop or even just security guard in many place without at least a slight fear of losing your life/getting shot?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby patches70 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:03 pm

riskllama wrote:Rush Limbaugh? is that fat republican f*ck still a thing?
Tzor, that cop shot and killed an innocent black male who had a permit for his weapon. he should be tried for murder, period.

Absolutely.
The cop will claim he felt his life was in danger, the guy had a gun and normally he'd get off no problem. He might have a problem in this instance because the public is starting to really get fed up with this kind of thing going on.

Does anyone think that the cop in question will actually say "I'm sorry, I made a mistake"? Hell no, he'll lawyer up and ride the "I thought I was in danger" line that the cops always use.
I can't blame the cop for doing what he can (legally) to avoid jail, but man, this cop is going to get off because the guy had a gun and the cop had to make a split second decision. Sure, it was a mistake, but he's a cop, he has to make these life and death decisions at times so he can't be held responsible when he makes the wrong decision. That's the line as it goes, that's the defense. Not good enough in my book, but good enough for police work.
Private patches70

Postby tzor on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:06 pm

riskllama wrote:Rush Limbaugh? is that fat republican f*ck still a thing?

Yes he is. Isn't that wonderful?

riskllama wrote:Tzor, that cop shot and killed an innocent black male who had a permit for his weapon. he should be tried for murder, period.

I will wait for the evidence to come out before I ... er ... rush ... to judgement (the pun was clearly not intentional). I suspect it would be homicide, however.
Cadet tzor

Postby riskllama on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:12 pm

a fine post, btw...@patches.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby patches70 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:15 pm

tzor wrote:I will wait for the evidence to come out before I ... er ... rush ... to judgement (the pun was clearly not intentional). I suspect it would be homicide, however.

Of course it's a homicide. A person killed another person, that is the definition (dictionary and legal) a homicide. There is no question in that.

The question is will the cop be charged with the homicide? Doubtful, the guy had a gun and the officer felt his life was in danger.
That's the story, how can anyone dispute it?
Is anyone able to read the cop's mind to find out if he really didn't think his life was in danger?
Why would the cop admit he made a mistake when in doing so he might find himself criminally liable?
He's got a whole system and culture that lets the cops make mistakes and not pay for them. Even political pressure isn't enough to override this, just look at the Baltimore case to see that truth.

That's the reality.
Private patches70

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:32 pm

------I have seen a report. That people now want THE CLASSICS (of literature) banned from being taught/forced to read in college. :( ...One can see what happens when THE CLASSICS are tossed away...
------Black Lives matter and others ...reminds me of MOBY DICK...."REVENGE"...In their quest for revenge...WE END UP WITH DALLAS...7-7-16.......Did they find "the white whale"(justice),they were looking for? Was the cop(who was totally in the wrong on this one) in Minnesota even white? Jeronimo Yanez....So is their quest,against "The Blue Whale"?...Even so they might want to find out THE MORAL OF THE STORY.... MOBY DICK.....REVENGE may cost you everything. You still will end up on the down side. As your whale swims away ...GET OUT AND READ THE CLASSICS PEOPLE... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:35 pm

mrswdk wrote:The American police operate as if they are in a state of open conflict with the populace. The populace have responded by engaging in open conflict with the police. Events like this will inevitably continue to occur until the police force is reformed.

In Northern Ireland the term 'police service' is used instead of 'police force', to create a culture whereby the police are seen as servants of the public, not a 'force' which stands in semi-opposition to the citizenry. Perhaps it's time for a rebranding?

ah yes, North Ireland. The only place that's synonymous with terrorism other than the middle east
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:27 am

Don't want to start a new thread. Sort of related. A police officer shot during traffic stop. Obviously fairly different circumstances.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missouri-polic ... id=abcn_fb
Corporal 2dimes

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,