Conquer Club

American POTUS election 2016.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

President.

Poll ended at Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:31 am

Total votes : 0

Re: American POTUS election 2016.

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:46 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Bernie, why are you not standing? Youve let everyone down.

He is standing behind Hillary and pushing her to the left.
He is also campaigning for congressional, Senate, and state candidates who share his beliefs.
He's working to make sure that the Democratic Party and the country as a whole will be ready for someone like him in 2024.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:19 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Bernie, why are you not standing? Youve let everyone down.

He is standing behind Hillary and pushing her to the left.
He is also campaigning for congressional, Senate, and state candidates who share his beliefs.
He's working to make sure that the Democratic Party and the country as a whole will be ready for someone like him in 2024.

sempai

Well I hope you enjoy the intervening 8 years
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Serbia on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:03 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Serbia wrote:I'm voting for Gary Johnson. Not because I really believe in him as a candidate, but because I do like him better than either of the main party candidates, and because I'd love to see a viable third party rise up. And overall, the Libertarian platform is more in line with my beliefs - fiscally conservative while socially liberal.

this is very scary, coming from a state that could flip for TRUMP. a vote for johnson is a wasted vote. this is all i have to say about him (watch it, it is short):

i truly hope you did not waste your vote in a pivotal state with so much on the table during this election. you are better than that... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

I voted Johnson. I see no difference between Hillary or Trump, so I don't care which of them wins. In fact, part of me actually hopes Trump DOES win, because that would be A) hilarious and B) just what we fucking deserve.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Posts like Serbia's leaving me scratching my head... Regardless of your feeling on H or T... You really see no difference between them?

1. One is a man, the other is a female(or possibly a robot - unclear)
2. Highly different foreign policy views
3. Highly different temperaments (not saying who's is better, just saying they are bigly different)
4. Highly different views on immigration
5. Highly different views on how the economy should be guidedfrom the oval office(as much as any president has any influence, which is a separate debate)

Now good ol' BJ is def WAY different. But I'd argue BJ is closer to trump in viewpoint that trump is to Clinton.

BJ represents a party with good ideas, and that parties platform may one day soon replace the Republican party as one of the two main parties in the US... but BJ? I mean he smokes pot everyday on the campaign trail. I smoke pot every day and see nothing wrong with it as a personal choice, but I like to think we can hold presidential candidates to a standard of not being drunk/high while running for office. BJ has the memory of a pothead. Doubtful he can remember his 4 digit bank card pin number, but we should trust him with nuclear launch codes? Come on Serbia, I respect it as a protest vote, but please call it a protest vote. But if its a vote cus you like BJ, you haven't done a quick search on him.

I think we'd all have loved it if a legit 3rd party candidate ran! I think a legit one could have gotten 15-20% of the vote, and actually won some states keeping either T or H from getting to 270. But unfortunately we got BJ, and Jill Stein. Don't waste your vote for these idiots please.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Serbia on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:06 pm

GJ? BJ is Black Jesus, and he's not running (to my knowledge) No, it's not a protest vote.

You say they have highly different views on all sorts of things - because you believe the bullshit that Trump is saying. I don't. I don't believe he'll try to build a wall. I don't believe he'll try hard to keep out immigrants, and I don't even really know what his views on the economy are. I believe he's running on emotion, and took stances that he felt would sweep him to victory. But I don't buy it. Temperament means little when compared to policies. And all this talk about "the nuclear codes" is fear-mongering and idiocy. No one person in our government has the ability to launch nukes. It doesn't work that way now, it won't tomorrow, and it never has. So stop.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:27 pm

Serbia wrote:you believe the bullshit that Trump is saying. I don't.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trust-us-politicians-keep-most-of-their-promises/

sempai

Postby Serbia on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:32 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trust-us-politicians-keep-most-of-their-promises/

sempai

YAY! Means nothing. Trump has never run for anything yet, so we don't have any evidence to say whether he'd keep any promises or not. All we have to go on is his past, and in his past he was a Democrat. What do your stats say about that?
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Serbia wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

sempai

YAY! Means nothing. Trump has never run for anything yet, so we don't have any evidence to say whether he'd keep any promises or not. All we have to go on is his past, and in his past he was a Democrat. What do your stats say about that?

There are no stats on that. I just hope to God you're right.

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:52 am

Serbia wrote:GJ? BJ is Black Jesus, and he's not running (to my knowledge) No, it's not a protest vote.

You say they have highly different views on all sorts of things - because you believe the bullshit that Trump is saying. I don't. I don't believe he'll try to build a wall. I don't believe he'll try hard to keep out immigrants, and I don't even really know what his views on the economy are. I believe he's running on emotion, and took stances that he felt would sweep him to victory. But I don't buy it. Temperament means little when compared to policies. And all this talk about "the nuclear codes" is fear-mongering and idiocy. No one person in our government has the ability to launch nukes. It doesn't work that way now, it won't tomorrow, and it never has. So stop.

Yeah sorry GJ derp!

Looks like we are going to find out if you are right lol! Your state is certainly going to decide it.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Huh.

Postby 2dimes on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:52 am

Further proof polls are not really accurate.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby concrete on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:21 am

Trump wins..... =D> =D> =D>
Colonel concrete

Postby 2dimes on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:24 am

It's a tie, 7 votes each. Which was skewed by the fact it ran past the actual election.

Really I'm just happy cake got a vote.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:54 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:Yeah, I don't what I expected trying to read ConnieSS' post. More inane ramblings and factually incorrect information than anything.

concrete wrote:Trump wins..... =D> =D> =D>

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> READ THIS... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:00 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:I know it's not going to matter to him, but I figure the truth should be out there.
ConfederateSS wrote:Clinton is not qualified to be dog catcher
- Yale Law School
- Attorney, Children's Defense Fund
- First Lady of Arkansas
- First Lady of the United States
- US Senator
- US Secretary of State
Clinton may not be qualified to be dog catcher, but she is as qualified to be President as anyone in this country.

ConfederateSS wrote:Trump is a regular American
Brags about his wealth, plasters his name on everything he touches in gold letters, and pays no taxes. Yep, just a regular American, just like you and me.

ConfederateSS wrote:Trump has run a money empire...
...into the ground. Source Also relevant

ConfederateSS wrote:CLINTON ONLY CARES ABOUT CLINTON
Objectively false. Here's proof.

ConfederateSS wrote:HE IS NOT SCARED TO SPEAK HIS MIND
True - no matter how racist, sexist, xenophobic, or otherwise disgusting his thoughts are, he will voice them without a second thought. Here's a list of all the people he's insulted - just on Twitter.

ConfederateSS wrote:HE WON'T LIE
Oh, he will - and he has.

ConfederateSS wrote:He will shatter the Washington Country Club
Nope. He'll just put his name on it - and then bankrupt it.

Oh, and, ah...we're still waiting for his tax returns.

sempai

.....TRUMP WINS....Guess who's not qualified and going to jail? SOMEWHERE VINCE FOSTER IS HAPPY O:) ...JUSTICE IS SERVED .... =D> =D> =D> =D> ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D :D :D :D :D
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:10 am

I'm surprised they didn't announce Trump as winning the Nobel Peace Prize. He's far more deserving than the last President who won. They say that only bad news sells, but this is the best news since Jesus and it's on all the channels.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby tzor on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:51 am

2dimes wrote:Do people believe that e-card was written by actual Germans?

Nein.
Cadet tzor

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:44 am

It's OVER let it go, brexit was the FIRST sign of what might happen, whether you were for or against him, TRUMP did one thing he ripped the mask off both parties corruption.
Now its time to see if he can do the job.
Private jgordon1111

Postby riskllama on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:34 am

jgordon1111 wrote:It's OVER let it go, brexit was the FIRST sign of what might happen, whether you were for or against him, TRUMP did one thing he ripped the mask off both parties corruption.

i reluctantly +1 this statement.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby waauw on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:36 pm

riskllama wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:It's OVER let it go, brexit was the FIRST sign of what might happen, whether you were for or against him, TRUMP did one thing he ripped the mask off both parties corruption.

The tally is at +2.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:24 pm

waauw wrote:
riskllama wrote:

The tally is at +2.

I think for the first time ever, +3.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:17 pm

“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator