Conquer Club

Potter minus Potter and where to find Who?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Potter minus Potter and where to find Who?

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:15 am

Anybody else see the new Harry Potter minus Hogwarts?

I really liked it. Eddie Redmayne was very much doing a Matt Smith Dr Who. I liked it better than most of the Harry Potter's though.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Potter minus Potter and where to find Who?

Postby waauw on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:39 am

I read the movie script/book. It was awesome, simply awesome. I found the later Harry Potter books were better though.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:44 am

Symmetry wrote:Anybody else see the new Harry Potter minus Hogwarts?

I really liked it. Eddie Redmayne was very much doing a Matt Smith Dr Who. I liked it better than most of the Harry Potter's though.

Loved it. Looking forward to more!

have a neighbor boy, slightly autistic, who missed my son's birthday party (his dad's fault, he was invited, but his dad got the time wrong -- though we reminded him just the day before). I knew the boy loved Harry Potter, so we invited him to come with us the next day as half compensation. My son, not normally a Harry Potter fan loved it as well (he was up for going as a favor to his friend).
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:27 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Anybody else see the new Harry Potter minus Hogwarts?

Loved it. Looking forward to more!

have a neighbor boy, slightly autistic, who missed my son's birthday party (his dad's fault, he was invited, but his dad got the time wrong -- though we reminded him just the day before). I knew the boy loved Harry Potter, so we invited him to come with us the next day as half compensation. My son, not normally a Harry Potter fan loved it as well (he was up for going as a favor to his friend).

That's pretty awesome. I think this movie was a lot more complicated in terms of its messages than the earlier books and movies. Kids (and adults, for that matter) seem to like a bit of moral ambiguity.

I don't want to read too much into it, but I liked the way that magic made characters either obsessed with power, or basically perpetual children. Having a central character who is kind of childish in his social interactions, but is still very deep, noble and torn made it for me.

I probably read too much into it, but I was impressed. Good casting too. Took me ages to figure out who was doing the voice of the goblin in the speakeasy.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,