Conquer Club

Trump fires the FBI director- New Poll (Day 9)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Reactions after day 9? (pro Trump poll)

Trump is the target of the greatest witch hunt in history
21%
US political media suffering from Trump derangement complex
21%
Trump playing chess while everyone else is playing [INSERT GAME CONSIDERED LESS COMPLICATED HERE]
No votes
Lock 'er up
7%
He can leak wherever he wants- if the President does it, it's not wrong
21%
Bring back Flynn!
No votes
I need to know more before I decide
7%
Kittens are cute
21%

Total votes : 14

Re: Trump fires the FBI director- New Poll (Day 9)

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 19, 2017 9:17 pm

patches70 wrote:Image

Your argument looks fake.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Trump fires the FBI director- New Poll (Day 3)

Postby saxitoxin on Fri May 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Trump revealed top-secret intelligence.

to someone authorized to receive it

if the president reveals Top Secret anything that means whomever he reveals it to is authorized to receive it the moment he speaks

I put an option for "if the president does it..." in the poll.

but then you posted fake news in the body text, which I corrected
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

if the president reveals Top Secret anything that means whomever he reveals it to is authorized to receive it the moment he speaks

Nice try.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Fri May 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Nice try.

no prob, you're welcome
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 19, 2017 10:03 pm

Meh, it's about as neutral as I can make it.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Fri May 19, 2017 11:46 pm

I just don't find it that interesting. Like other presidential scandals, the media is obsessed with trivial peccadilloes while ignoring the real story.

In Nixon's day, we had a two year media circus about a failed attempt to spy on his opponents while the real story of the time was completely missed: why did the savings from the end of the Vietnam War not result in tax relief for the people? One of the most expensive wars in history ends, and unlike previous wars neither government expenditures nor taxes went down afterward.

In Clinton's day, we had a two year media circus about where he was sticking his dick, while several real stories were missed. In foreign policy, there were several aggressions with questionable rationale, such as the war on Serbia. Domestically, there were no questions being asked about why an alleged liberal was vastly expanding the "War on Drugs", putting 100,000 more cops on the street in his first two years alone, increasing mandatory sentencing, supporting school snitch programs, etc.

Now we will have a two year media circus about Trump swapping a few handjobs with Putin, while we will ignore, for instance, another massive peacetime expansion of the military budget, and this at the urging of a president who pretended to be mainly non-interventionist during his campaign.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Sat May 20, 2017 6:33 am

In China they restrict conversations about sensitive topics and that's bad while in America they use distractions to draw people away from the sensitive topics and that's okay because it's just democracy.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Sat May 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I just don't find it that interesting. Like other presidential scandals, the media is obsessed with trivial peccadilloes while ignoring the real story.

In Nixon's day, we had a two year media circus about a failed attempt to spy on his opponents while the real story of the time was completely missed: why did the savings from the end of the Vietnam War not result in tax relief for the people? One of the most expensive wars in history ends, and unlike previous wars neither government expenditures nor taxes went down afterward.

In Clinton's day, we had a two year media circus about where he was sticking his dick, while several real stories were missed. In foreign policy, there were several aggressions with questionable rationale, such as the war on Serbia. Domestically, there were no questions being asked about why an alleged liberal was vastly expanding the "War on Drugs", putting 100,000 more cops on the street in his first two years alone, increasing mandatory sentencing, supporting school snitch programs, etc.

Now we will have a two year media circus about Trump swapping a few handjobs with Putin, while we will ignore, for instance, another massive peacetime expansion of the military budget, and this at the urging of a president who pretended to be mainly non-interventionist during his campaign.

I know that you're pretty sceptical (to say the least) about journalism in general, but if your suggestion equates to essentially not reporting on the US president, I beg to differ.

Would you really prefer a fourth estate akin to Russia's? I know Trump would.

Holding people in power to account is a worthy cause. It's not even an either/or situation. The Trump administration is up to all the shenanigans you list. This thread started off specific, but I'm not sure I can keep up with all the fallout.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Sat May 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Symmetry wrote:Holding people in power to account is a worthy cause.

The "powerful" doesn't only include people you dislike. The "powerful" also includes your heroes; the global war mongers like the former Director of National Intelligence under whose supervision the virus that brought down the NHS was created. Who is not held to account by the media.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... a082c99295

Since the media won't hold the powerful U.S. Intelligence Community to account, Trump should. As soon as he returns from the rainbow tour he should send a column of tanks crashing through the front gates of Langley and burn the bitch down. He may not be able to fire middle-managers who have civil service protection but he can relocate them to a vacant parking lot to do their work on manual typewriters as their HQ smolders.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Sat May 20, 2017 8:43 pm

I'm not sure demolishing the CIA's headquarters would help his case. To be fair though, given the mess he's in, there's a good chance that he'd do it if the right person whispered in his ear. Have you considered applying for a job in the White House? Or the Russian Embassy? Same difference, of course.

On a lighter note-

Did you know that Trump is irrationally terrified of staircases?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38802648/donald-trump-is-scared-of-stairs---but-what-is-bathmophobia

It's ridiculous, sure, but I think it kind of humanises him too.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Sat May 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Symmetry wrote:Have you considered applying for a job in the White House? Or the Russian Embassy?

yes and yes

I support Trump and I support the special relationship with Russia, too

Symmetry wrote:Did you know that Trump is irrationally terrified of staircases?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38802648/donald-trump-is-scared-of-stairs---but-what-is-bathmophobia

fake news

]This particular rumour was first written about in newspapers like The Telegraph, who quoted government sources in Washington DC. Politico quoted a British government source, while Theresa May's spokeswoman - quoted in The Times - appeared to back up the theory that it was the ramp, and not a sudden rush of emotion, that prompted the hand holding.
    "They were walking along. There was an unseen ramp. He put out his hand. She took it."
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Sat May 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Best of luck
Sergeant Symmetry

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,