Conquer Club

China outsmarts Americans once again

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

China outsmarts Americans once again

Postby mrswdk on Mon May 22, 2017 9:47 am

The Chinese government systematically dismantled C.I.A. spying operations in the country starting in 2010, killing or imprisoning more than a dozen sources over two years and crippling intelligence gathering there for years afterward.

Current and former American officials described the intelligence breach as one of the worst in decades. It set off a scramble in Washington’s intelligence and law enforcement agencies to contain the fallout, but investigators were bitterly divided over the cause. Some were convinced that a mole within the C.I.A. had betrayed the United States. Others believed that the Chinese had hacked the covert system the C.I.A. used to communicate with its foreign sources. Years later, that debate remains unresolved.

But there was no disagreement about the damage. From the final weeks of 2010 through the end of 2012, according to former American officials, the Chinese killed at least a dozen of the C.I.A.’s sources. Still others were put in jail. All told, the Chinese killed or imprisoned 18 to 20 of the C.I.A.’s sources in China, according to two former senior American officials, effectively unraveling a network that had taken years to build.

Assessing the fallout from an exposed spy operation can be difficult, but the episode was considered particularly damaging. The number of American assets lost in China, officials said, rivaled those lost in the Soviet Union and Russia during the betrayals of both Aldrich Ames and Robert Hanssen, formerly of the C.I.A. and the F.B.I., who divulged intelligence operations to Moscow for years.

The previously unreported episode shows how successful the Chinese were in disrupting American spying efforts and stealing secrets years before a well-publicized breach in 2015 gave Beijing access to thousands of government personnel records, including intelligence contractors. The C.I.A. considers spying in China one of its top priorities, but the country’s extensive security apparatus makes it exceptionally hard for Western spy services to develop sources there.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/w ... onage.html
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: China outsmarts Americans once again

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 23, 2017 1:29 am

The Americans have no answer. Let this be a lesson to you: if you try to play in China's back yard you will be gunned down like rats.

zhongguo jiayou!!!!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Tue May 23, 2017 3:05 am

desperate, mrs... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 23, 2017 3:30 am

Well yes llama, it was certainly desperate times for the self-styled 'best intelligence agency in the world' when their operations against China were utterly decimated in one fell swoop as the CID outclassed and outplayed them in every way possible.

China: 20
CIA: 0
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:28 am

Looks like Kid Rawk is getting back at them.

Corporal 2dimes

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:34 am

Why hasn't the UK deported Mr. Swdk?
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby KoolBak on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:39 am

in·fe·ri·or·i·ty com·plex

NOUN

an unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere, sometimes marked by aggressive behavior in compensation.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Yes, America is repeatedly thwarted by the smarter and more intelligent Chinese and tries to make up for it by grandstanding in the South China Sea.

But China can never be squashed by the fat, flabby white devils. This is the Asian century. Suck it up and grease those anuses, 洋鬼子!

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Well at least we'll only have to grease the first couple of inches...
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:01 am

Thorthoth wrote:Well at least we'll only have to grease the first couple of inches...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,