Conquer Club

YouTube channels.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: YouTube channels.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue May 23, 2017 6:40 am

2dimes wrote:Anyone set one up and get enough traffic to monetize?

I was thinking of giving it a try.

I talked to a guy at EB games who had one and he complained about it being way too tough to get enough hits but his content seems a bit lacking to me. https://www.youtube.com/user/scooterjab

I did give him a couple of views but couldn't sit through too many videos.

I'm going to skip reading the whole argument between patches and sym and just give my take on it...

Youtube's monetization is getting narrower and narrower recentely.
Must reach 10,000 views for monetization.

Earlier I believed the advertisement's you needed to monetize (your) videos have to be "user" friendly IE - No excessive profanity/offensive material, and I think I read something earlier that they were doing away with anything that veers into politics.
Basically, who is going to pay the bills, a quick rundown of advertisements.
So you're stuck with let's plays, vlogs, cat videos or whatever else is deemed creative. On top of all that, your competition is going to be ridiculous.
I thought about doing this and just doing let's plays for games that no one would really touch other than as a guide or just to see how I did it. If anything, I think you have to treat youtube more as a hobby and get word of mouth out like "check out my channel, if you like it, tell your friends".

Whatever your target audience is though, it has to be big. The gaming community is huge on youtube, dwarfs everything else on it imo. Some of the more successful channels I found were to be on League of Legends from these "pro" players who give out crappy guides and kids eat them up. Or you could be like Dunkey and just be funny and make goofy montages. Like I said though, just do it for fun, don't feel like you need to make a living off of it because to me, Youtube's monetization program is a sinking ship. I won't be surprised if it goes back to the old days to where no one got paid and you did it as a hobby only, not a job.

mrswdk wrote:
nietzsche wrote:there are a few spanish speaking youtubers who essentially steal fringe topics content from english speaking youtubers and get tens of thousands of views, hundreds in some cases.

maybe you can use canadian french to make some money.

SoFloAntonio made an entire YouTube career out of doing nothing but reposting other people's memes on his channel and soaking up all their views.

Course you got douche bags like SoFlo, and several other losers out there that have 0 talent. The only slight step above this clown are these "prank" channels. Take this shitty channel for example. Mommy Make Out Day Prank
Basically this guy's target audience are 10 year olds that don't understand that he's paying off people to make out with him. God forbid if we have a bunch of dudes running around with eye shadow and a stupid fucking haircut...oh wait.

There's a lot of garbage on Youtube, but every now and again you can find a gem or a pretty awesome channel.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 23, 2017 6:50 am

DirtyDishSoap"Youtube's monetization is getting narrower and narrower recentely.
Must reach 10,000 views for monetization.

Earlier I believed the advertisement's you needed to monetize (your) videos have to be "user" friendly IE - No excessive profanity/offensive material, and I think I read something earlier that they were doing away with anything that veers into politics.[/quote]

Yeah h3h3 recently said his videos are getting squeezed pretty hard. I guess YouTube's desperate to avoid all those dumb headlines about how bad people are able to profit out of posting videos, Pepsi endorses the KKK, etc.

[quote="DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Basically this guy's target audience are 10 year olds that don't understand that he's paying off people to make out with him. God forbid if we have a bunch of dudes running around with eye shadow and a stupid fucking haircut...oh wait.

He did a great one recently where he goes around hooking up with girls who we're meant to believe are Muslims, including an Iranian who lets him lift her burka up to show off her thong.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue May 23, 2017 8:21 am

What a classy guy.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

I'll probably do a lot of jackwagon videos.

Postby 2dimes on Wed May 24, 2017 1:50 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Basically this guy's target audience are 10 year olds that don't understand that he's paying off people to make out with him. God forbid if we have a bunch of dudes running around with eye shadow and a stupid fucking haircut...oh wait.

There's a lot of garbage on Youtube, but every now and again you can find a gem or a pretty awesome channel.

I don't think I have a target audience in mind. I was thinking I would see how it shaped up.

One thing I notice is a lot of terrible content, that often has a click bait picture.There is cleavage, an action shot or something and it turns out to be a five second part of a fifteen minute video. Or worse it is not even in the video at all.

The thing I like about LunkersTV and the other guys he collaborates with is I enjoy watching them go fishing and banter. Sometimes there is a video where someone might catch a great fish but it is just not fun to watch. A 6 minute video is difficult to get through.

I have considered doing stand up but would much rather just goof for a video and let it be part of whatever was going on. I can get laughs in person it should transfer over.
Corporal 2dimes

Will there be enough Jackwagons?

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed May 24, 2017 3:19 am

2dimes wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:Basically this guy's target audience are 10 year olds that don't understand that he's paying off people to make out with him. God forbid if we have a bunch of dudes running around with eye shadow and a stupid fucking haircut...oh wait.

I don't think I have a target audience in mind. I was thinking I would see how it shaped up.

One thing I notice is a lot of terrible content, that often has a click bait picture.There is cleavage, an action shot or something and it turns out to be a five second part of a fifteen minute video. Or worse it is not even in the video at all.

The thing I like about LunkersTV and the other guys he collaborates with is I enjoy watching them go fishing and banter. Sometimes there is a video where someone might catch a great fish but it is just not fun to watch. A 6 minute video is difficult to get through.

I have considered doing stand up but would much rather just goof for a video and let it be part of whatever was going on. I can get laughs in person it should transfer over.

I mean, if you're looking to monetize your videos at some point, there would be some sort of target audience. Maybe you're actually an angry red neck and want to show off your bad ass drunk quad skills by running over children, or maybe you want to give people a quick guide on how to finger paint with poop. Folks are attracted to certain categories.

Never watched Lunkers, not exactly the most thrilling to watch, for me at least, are people fishing. It's like watching golf, no thanks.

Honestly, this dude just about covers Youtube as a whole. Just don't do reply videos and you'll be A-Okay.
Dukasaur wrote:

I'm just doing my rock n roll duty, creating a buzz, buzz ,b

Postby 2dimes on Wed May 24, 2017 10:05 am

Fishing versus Golf versus a bunch of things is a good comparison. I am sure watching a fishing video is pretty boring if you never fish.

I suspect if you play golf you would enjoy watching other people do it. Partially so you can pick up techniques and just for the vicarious pleasure of watching when they play a hole well.

If I work really hard and practice much more I can be this guy.

I watch him because he plays well, shows his hands and has a good mix, you can hear his playing clearly along with the song he's playing to. He has a Queenrych song but it's not available right now.

One thing my buddy said when I told him I was thinking about doing fishing videos was, "You're going to make those videos that piss people off because it looks like you are catching a bunch of fish in ten minutes?" I chuckled and said "Yeah. I think I might explain that I am not showing the couple of hours between fish." I want to do some fishing outdoor videos partially because of the nice places we camp and fish at. I don't know if I want to commit to an all fishing channel. If I suddenly had enough income to buy a couple of cameras and pay for fuel I would make it a job and possibly spread out.

The videos that had me watching initially were 1rod1reel, he was catching trout in a river either in his city or just outside it. So I notice there does not seem to be anyone doing Point Of View videos from around here. The Bow River that goes through my city is a pretty big deal in the trout world. There are a few videos, there's room for some more, plus I might make videos of places that are hike in mountain ponds near here.

I think I am probably just too late unless some start up tries to do what YouTube did to attract content, I doubt I will see any money. Scooterjab said they don't pay at all anymore until you make $100 after they take their cut. His numbers are the same as the ones in the "Who pays the bills video."

The good thing in my case is if I ever made $100 it would be a huge score.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:09 am

So I filmed a WW-II bomber engine start on Saturday. Came home finally made a YouTube channel but could not transfer the footage from my camera to my ancient iPad. Good times. Basically this would be pretty close to what I planned as first video.

I ended up putting on a blimp video from the iPad, instead.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:33 pm

was that at the museum in 17th ave. SW? did u go to Volos for lunch after? because you should've filmed that, instead.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Are you talking about the Navy Museum that moved from the Navel base on 17th years ago?

No, that is not even a boat.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:16 pm

yeah.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:24 pm

For $3000 I can come out there and set you up with a hero 5, a new laptop, a YouTube channel and get you going so you can make videos at Volos.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:03 pm

does that include the back of that old guys' head?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:51 am

Like musicians, writers and artists of all stripes, great vloggers must vlog for the love of vlogging, ...whether the money shows up, or not.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:08 pm

I don't know if I can regularly vlog. I think I'm just going to putter around and hope to make some fun content with some decent quality. I'd love some money but doubt I'll see any.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:23 am

Obviously I never did much. There are two videos on my channel neither are much to see. I have not edited any of my fishing content. It is cool to see it on my big screen in 1080p. Funny how great video is from a tiny box strapped to my chest compared to actual broadcast quality from years ago.

Anyway I was watching some of this guys videos and he just got burned out. He was discussing money a bit and made one telling people to stop contributing to his donation site thing. I think a bit like him and would not be comfortable with that. I have enjoyed his videos but thought a daily blog would be way too much, turns out it was.

Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:13 pm

2dimes wrote:Obviously I never did much. There are two videos on my channel neither are much to see. I have not edited any of my fishing content. It is cool to see it on my big screen in 1080p. Funny how great video is from a tiny box strapped to my chest compared to actual broadcast quality from years ago.

Anyway I was watching some of this guys videos and he just got burned out. He was discussing money a bit and made one telling people to stop contributing to his donation site thing. I think a bit like him and would not be comfortable with that. I have enjoyed his videos but thought a daily blog would be way too much, turns out it was.

Well, look, you did something that you loved, and you didn't sell your soul while doing it. Good for you, mate.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Maybe he sold a little bit of his soul. Entrapping himself for almost 2000 days.
Corporal 2dimes

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,