Conquer Club

twin peaks season 3

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

twin peaks season 3

Postby betiko on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:00 am

so anybody watching it? i've just started and watched the 3 first episodes.
I'm loving it, and I love the fact that I have to pull back in my memory like 20 years later. The atmosphere in lynch's work is just like no other. You don't even need to understand everything to like it. Well it's kind of the point, being confisung as hell and using such a slow rythm most of the time to make it all look more mysterious.
Major betiko

Re: twin peaks season 3

Postby mrswdk on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:09 am

I'm watching Love Island.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby betiko on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:16 am

mrswdk wrote:I'm watching Love Island.

and you call thortot a troll?
Major betiko

Postby djelebert on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:22 am

Is there Sherilyn Fenn, the bonnasse?
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby betiko on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:12 am

djelebert wrote:Is there Sherilyn Fenn, the bonnasse?

i'm not sure. they have all aged A LOT.

Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:48 am

betiko wrote:

Don't think I've ever called him that.
And it's true, I am.
So
THERE
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:02 pm

watching it. pretty good, so far...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:53 pm

mrswdk wrote:
betiko wrote:

Don't think I've ever called him that.
And it's true, I am.
So
THERE

Lynch does not make science fiction, horror or crime mysteries in the usual sense.
He makes deconstructionist-oneiric-surrealism. Truth is illusion, BUT his illusion is TRUE.
He will take your nostalgia-fetish saddle-shoed minx-memory and reveal it as the frustrated old harridan it always was.
He paints the red pill blue and you swallow it like candy.
Even though he has skirted with mainstream success more than any other avant-garde surrealist, at least in the last quarter century. He remains a niche-market for 'the strange ones in the dome'.
Most still seem to prefer that massively popular cross between LOTR and Dynasty (with some ugly-person soft-core thrown in).

As for Mr. swdk, what would your berloved China be without 'tea'? =)
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby luns101 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:12 pm

betiko wrote:so anybody watching it? i've just started and watched the 3 first episodes.
I'm loving it, and I love the fact that I have to pull back in my memory like 20 years later. The atmosphere in lynch's work is just like no other. You don't even need to understand everything to like it. Well it's kind of the point, being confisung as hell and using such a slow rythm most of the time to make it all look more mysterious.

I never watched the original when it was on tv in the 90s. It just didn't interest me. Now the new series has me going on Netflix to see how it all started, and I'm currently on Episode 2 of Season 2. Really, really strange - now I see why it was such a cult hit. Definitely will be watching the new series.
Major luns101

Postby betiko on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:54 am

luns101 wrote:
betiko wrote:so anybody watching it? i've just started and watched the 3 first episodes.

I never watched the original when it was on tv in the 90s. It just didn't interest me. Now the new series has me going on Netflix to see how it all started, and I'm currently on Episode 2 of Season 2. Really, really strange - now I see why it was such a cult hit. Definitely will be watching the new series.

I watched it a long time later.... like in 2000 while it was from 1990. It s still not very fresh in my memory... might rewatch season 1&2 some day.

Thorthoth, yeah i like your analysis of lynch's work. I really get sunked in his bizarre universe.

I once talked to a movie director who knew the director of photography from mulholland drive and other lynch movies. He told him that lynch himself didn t really know the meaning of his own stories and that it was all bs.
I really can t agree with that. At least his work makes you use your imagination and logic to put the pieces back together, and you do find a sense.
Major betiko

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:28 am

it is the 'unsolvable' mysteries that allow us to see the most remote possibilities.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:51 am

Thorthoth wrote:
He remains a niche-market for 'the strange ones in the dome'.

Yeah man, Under the Dome was a great TV series I agree. Probably Lynch's best work ever.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby betiko on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:25 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:

Yeah man, Under the Dome was a great TV series I agree. Probably Lynch's best work ever.

haven't seen this. the wierdest shit, that i didn't like at all from him was eraserhead, his first work. that shit was too hardcore undergroundexperimental for me.
Major betiko

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:19 pm

betiko wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:

haven't seen this. the wierdest shit, that i didn't like at all from him was eraserhead, his first work. that shit was too hardcore undergroundexperimental for me.

'Under the Dome' isn't Lynch... mook is either mistaken or obscurely trolling.
Last edited by Thorthoth on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:56 pm

betiko wrote:

approx. 25 years, would you say???
:lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:01 pm

riskllama wrote:
betiko wrote:

approx. 25 years, would you say???
:lol:

Yes, Twin Peaks is rife with the Old Ones. That's quite alright, it isn't meant to be a jiggly fleshscapade.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby betiko on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:14 am

So have you guys actually been watching season 3?
Just caught up on episode 13, i m now up to date. Would love to exchange opinions with the ones that made it this far.
Major betiko

Postby riskllama on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:25 am

i have, yeah.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:14 am

Yes, I've been watching an analyzing.
I do think Lynch/Frost's ability to generate viewer hypothesis formation is brilliant, but as I said before. Twin Peaks is not truly sci-Fi/horror or crime drama, so much of the plot speculation entirely misses the underlying artistic and philosophical premises.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby betiko on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:21 pm

sooo... spoiler!

So basically dale cooper is just making everything turn good in everybody's life, including his host dougie.
Meanwhile, bob is making everything turn into chaos in dale's body. I assume he's the one behind mr todd right? So basically bob knows about doug/dale in las vegas?
What coordinates is he looking for? are they the same that hastings and his librarian girlfriend got from the other dimenson they went to? I'm not even sure that they went to the red room. Was Briggs in the red room or another dimension?
I also wonder about the link between diane and bob.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:16 am

Any chance any of you has finished watching season 3 and is willing to discuss the ending?
Major betiko

Postby riskllama on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:49 am

i have 2 left to go still.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 am

Yes, of course, I've been reading and thinking about the story a lot. I'm familiar with many of the leading hypotheses.

But of course, a word of warning. It is wise to remember that dream logic doesn't play out in a linear-rational manner. TP is essentially surrealist philosophy, not just sci-fi, horror or crime drama in the usual sense. Ineffable mystery and our emotional response to it is more essential in Lynch's oeuvre, than plot explanation. We must first put ourselves into the mindset where we can appreciate this oneiric work for what it is.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby betiko on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:25 am

Thorthoth wrote:Yes, of course, I've been reading and thinking about the story a lot. I'm familiar with many of the leading hypotheses.

But of course, a word of warning. It is wise to remember that dream logic doesn't play out in a linear-rational manner. TP is essentially surrealist philosophy, not just sci-fi, horror or crime drama in the usual sense. Ineffable mystery and our emotional response to it is more essential in Lynch's oeuvre, than plot explanation. We must first put ourselves into the mindset where we can appreciate this oneiric work for what it is.

i haven't rewatched it.. but when i watched it the other day i felt like leeland was asking dale to find laura palmer... so he goes back to the past and saves her from her assassination.
So after that he sort of finds her in a diner, because it says judy and that was the rephrased name of that other evil spirit gordon was talking about... i think it's not really laura palmer, it looks more like a "dougie" kind of thing where the character just has the physical appearance...
anyways, at the end when they reach the palmer house and it's not the palmer house... aren't they just in a different dimension rather than somewhere else in time like dale seems to think?

interresting to see too that dale and diane are in a 50s/60s fbi car when they reach the motel, and when dale wakes up after a night of sweet lovin, he is back in modern days... and wtf with that note from linda to ... richard? lol

ok one other thing, that experiment, the asian blind chick that turns into diane... no fucking idea there. was bob actually looking for the coordinates to find her? like diane... to hurt dale?

i know you're not really supposed to find a meaning to everything, but since there is a meaning to cetain things, your mind just wants to try and connect some dots here... and let's face it, there is a reason to things a lot of times.also, we can connect the dotsthe way we want as long as we can find some sort of sense... and i guess that discussing it with others is a good way to make you think your theories could make sense lol... and listen to some other good theories.
you said you were reading about this... you gle can lead me to some ina good forum or page you'd recommend? i guess google could lead to interresting stuff but i d be interrested to know what you read.
Major betiko

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:03 pm

So much to think about. Many possibilities, much speculation...

In some ways Part 17 is more enigmatic than Part 18.

The way Coop's face is superimposed over the happy ending at the Sheriff's Station makes the whole thing seem like a wish-fulfillment fantasy, or a dream.

What if Richard-Coop is the 'real deal'? With both the good-Coop and the Doppledanger being overly good and overly evil fantasy versions of Richard. Like an angel and a devil perched on his dream shoulders?

Likewise Carrie Page... If Laura Palmer doesn't get killed when she's a teenager wouldn't she continue down the path of ruin, eventually becoming a middle-aged murdering waitress? Carrie's name change and amnesia could have some sort of supernatural lodge-entity cause...

But maybe the ending of part 18 is all happening in a an alternate dream dime3nsion constructed by Judy/Sarah. The diner named Judy's,the white horse on the mantle and the reappearance of the Tremonds and Chalfonts may suggest such a set-up.

A lot of mystery women out there: Sarah/Judy, Diane/Naido/Linda, Laura/Carrie, Audrey, also Annie, Donna and Josie's fates still haunt me even though they have only barely been mentioned in Season 3.

I've been reading a lot of reddit chats, and also watching some analysis videos. Pete Peppers, Wow Lynch Wow, The Vlog Lady, and others.

Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,