Conquer Club

Real Patriots stand for the Flag!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Real Patriots stand for the Flag!

Postby notyou2 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:26 pm

Let me draw you a picture, much as I don't want to.

America was founded on protest. The most vehement patriots are now upset with protesters and think they should be prevented from exercising their right.
Major notyou2

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (15) Training Achievement (1)

Postby Symmetry on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:37 pm

notyou2 wrote:Let me draw you a picture, much as I don't want to.

America was founded on protest. The most vehement patriots are now upset with protesters and think they should be prevented from exercising their right.

Let me write something for you that is pretty clear- you're not good at drawing pictures.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby notyou2 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Symmetry wrote:

Let me write something for you that is pretty clear- you're not good at drawing pictures.

And you're a troll.
Major notyou2

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)

Postby Symmetry on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

And you're a troll.

Meh, I've had worse insults thrown at me by people on the losing end of an argument. Maybe you should wave the flag a bit more.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby notyou2 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Your knickers are in a not about my England comment, now piss off
Major notyou2

Postby Symmetry on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:57 pm

notyou2 wrote:Your knickers are in a not about my England comment, now piss off

Notty, if you think that your weird attempts to wrap yourself in the flag and declare that that people who disagree with you

notyou2 wrote:appear to want the English back.

somehow immunises you from criticism, you really don't understand the basic idea behind protest. Hell, at this point you obviously find the basic idea of disagreeing with you to be monstrous.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby notyou2 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I have no issue with criticism or others whose opinion differs from mine. I do have issues with trolls that pretend they are not understanding a clear and concise argument.

Go piss up a rope.
Major notyou2

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 pm

notyou2 wrote:I have no issue with criticism or others whose opinion differs from mine. I do have issues with trolls that pretend they are not understanding a clear and concise argument.

Go piss up a rope.

Says the guy who clearly has an issue with someone who criticises his arguments.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Woodruff on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:00 pm

patches70 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patches70 wrote:People saying they don't like the NFL players protesting the anthem are not in the slightest way attacking Free Speech you fucking morons.

This is correct. However, when the President of the United States, in the highest position of our Federal Government, suggests that those players should be fired, I think it's reasonable to be concerned about his advocating for such an action, given his position.

So? He can say what the f*ck ever he wants, the owners don't have to listen to him. They are under no legal or moral obligation to oblige Trump. People just gotta "be concerned" about dumb shit all the time.

I'll tell ya when it's time to be concerned. When Trump writes and executive order, or Congress passes a law which states that anyone who doesn't stand for the National Anthem will be fined and/or jailed and the SCOTUS upholds said law/executive order, then yeah, it'll be time to be "concerned".

Until then one can simply ignore the ravings of the Trump's and the chicken little's running around blabbering "OMG my Free Speech is under assault!"

No, it isn't. So far it's all been free speech, from the NFL players, to the fans who boo them, to the calls for the offending players being benched or fired, to the morons who call the NFL players "heroic". It's all free speech. Every bit of it.

It's also moronic. And if you are "concerned", Woodruff, then you sir must also be afraid of the monsters in your closet and the monsters under your bed. If that's all it takes to "concern" you, then you must be a sniveling mass of nerves by now that jumps at his own shadow.

The best thing, the wisest thing, the NFL and the players could have done, what they should have done, was completely ignore Trump. The smartest, wisest thing the antiTrumper's could have/should have done, was to completely ignore Trump. That above anything else would bug Trump the most. It would also be the smartest thing to do because it's a no win situation for the antiTrumpers. To show disapproval for Trump you'd have to appear to show disapproval to the Country and the Flag and all the connotes. This has been pure Trump gold.

Good job morons. You've helped Trump. Give yourselves a big pat on the back for being useful idiots.

Next time, don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff instead.

Frankly, you don't appear very sane - what on Earth has happened to you, patches?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby 2dimes on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Just look at what you people have done to an excuse to post pictures of women in their under wear. Five page? You should be ashamed.
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes

Location: The forest or sitting on a bucket beside some water.
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to New Name Pending