Conquer Club

China agrees: minorities must not be tolerated

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

China agrees: minorities must not be tolerated

Postby waauw on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:14 am

In what is blatently oppression, Beijing strikes again. Clearly 'freedom' is a word alien to to the chinese government.

Muslims in China say they are being told to hand over Qurans or face 'harsh punishments'

Officials in Xinjiang province have warned members of the Uyghur ethnic minority they must surrender religious items on pain of "harsh punishments", according to an exile leader.

"We received a notification saying that every single ethnic Uyghur must hand in any Islam-related items from their own home, including Qurans, prayers and anything else bearing the symbols of religion," Dilxat Raxit, of the exile World Uyghur Congress, told Radio Free Asia (RFA), which is operated by the US government.

The directive also applies to ethnic Kazakh and Kyrgyz Muslims, RFA said. It was reportedly announced via the WeChat social network.

In its update on China in 2016 and 2017, Amnesty International said the communist Beijing government "continued to violate the right to freedom of religion, and crack down on all unauthorised religious gatherings" in the region, and to detain Uyghur writers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-muslims-hand-over-qurans-uyghur-xinjiang-confiscate-islam-a7973191.html
Lieutenant waauw

Re: China agrees: minorities must not be tolerated

Postby mrswdk on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Dilxat Raxit, of the exile World Uyghur Congress, told Radio Free Asia (RFA)

So an exiled group of separatists, funded by the US to lobby against the Chinese government, give an interview to Radio Free Asia, a US propaganda machine with the explicit mission of ‘advancing US foreign policy in Asia’, and waauw just takes everything negative they have to say about China at face value.

Standard.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:18 pm

What would you consider to be the closest thing China has to a free press?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:36 am

Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:30 am

Symmetry wrote:What would you consider to be the closest thing China has to a free press?

Taiwan.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:31 pm

For all the claims of "bias" that people throw at the free press, people should be aware that its better than the alternative.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:23 am

Symmetry wrote:For all the claims of "bias" that people throw at the free press, people should be aware that its better than the alternative.

Yeah, right now you see Trump supporters wanting the press to basically be under Trump's control. And Trump has stated as much himself. The moment a non-Republican steps into office though, they would flip their shit. Best to leave the press free.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:29 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Symmetry wrote:For all the claims of "bias" that people throw at the free press, people should be aware that its better than the alternative.

Yeah, right now you see Trump supporters wanting the press to basically be under Trump's control. And Trump has stated as much himself. The moment a non-Republican steps into office though, they would flip their shit. Best to leave the press free.

Symbot's hypocrisy is startling.
Free Press = Free Speech*.
Yet sym has been a major campaigner for CC to further curtail free speech on this site.

*Unless you think free speech should only be allowed for a privileged 'journalist class' of society.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Symmetry on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Yet sym has been a major campaigner for CC to further curtail free speech on this site.

*Unless you think free speech should only be allowed for a privileged 'journalist class' of society.

I'm sorry that I startled you. Well, not really, tbh. You do seem a bit easily startled. Would you be startled to know that I think that a free press is related to free speech, but isn't exactly equal?

I hope that idea doesn't startle you too much. After all, a startled Thorth is likely to post inane comments.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

I'm sorry that I startled you. Well, not really, tbh. You do seem a bit easily startled. Would you be startled to know that I think that a free press is related to free speech, but isn't exactly equal?

I hope that idea doesn't startle you too much. After all, a startled Thorth is likely to post inane comments.

Shut your trap, Symbot.Everything you write is hypocritical troll-fodder.
I already explained and dismissed the false distinction between 'free press' and 'free speech'.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Symmetry on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:21 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

I already explained and dismissed the false distinction between 'free press' and 'free speech'.

Thorthoth wrote:Free Press = Free Speech

Hmm, hypocrisy, you say?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Thorthoth wrote:Free Press = Free Speech

Hmm, hypocrisy, you say?

Hypocritical Troll-fodder is what I say!
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Symmetry on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Hypocritical Troll-fodder is what I say!

Most of your posts do come out that way- why not try something else? A few cogent arguments, say? Or not-flaming for a day or two?

You can say other things, T.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Symmetry wrote:A few cogent arguments, say?

HA! Symbo get's fast, solid, cognent arguments thrown at him all day long. Unfortunately he can't sense them or make sense of them because he is so padded up in his own egotistical stupidity that the must look like the Michelin Man!
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,