Conquer Club

fast food

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: fast food

Postby tkr4lf on Sat May 12, 2018 7:04 am

Carls Jr., Jack in the Box, What-a-burger and White Castle are far superior to any of the chains listed so far in this thread.
Major tkr4lf

Postby 2dimes on Sat May 12, 2018 7:27 am

I guess you don't like chicken.

Don't get me wrong I'll eat it but, Jack In The Box and White Castle are pretty much what Dukasaur is complaining about.

Carl's Jr is decent, I'm kind of surprised I omitted them but I clearly wasn't interested in defending the industry here.

The quality at In-n-out is on par with Carl's Jr but I went for a second time in February. Currently I'd rather have the crappy Jack burgers over In-n-out because of the better variety and I like more flavour.

I'd be interested in running In-n-out against White Castle but I can't just jet between them. What's your opinion on Sonic?

I'd like to try What-a-burger, might have to give in to my wife's desire to go to Houston. I'm partially not interested in the drive and grumpy about the exchange rates.

Maybe I need to get some tips on work visas from Jones.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat May 12, 2018 9:28 am

Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat May 12, 2018 12:22 pm

I have recently eaten two burgers that were passable (both times the curlson got to pick where we ate) - Smash Burger and Habit.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat May 12, 2018 6:17 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:I have recently eaten two burgers that were passable (both times the curlson got to pick where we ate) - Smash Burger and Habit.

Passable is a perfect description for both. Like I'd eat that if stuck at the airport with only Burger kind and mcdonalds as my other options. Oh course if there is a popeyes in the airport I'd still make the walk there over either of them.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby tkr4lf on Sun May 13, 2018 12:35 pm

2dimes wrote:I guess you don't like chicken.

Don't get me wrong I'll eat it but, Jack In The Box and White Castle are pretty much what Dukasaur is complaining about.

Carl's Jr is decent, I'm kind of surprised I omitted them but I clearly wasn't interested in defending the industry here.

The quality at In-n-out is on par with Carl's Jr but I went for a second time in February. Currently I'd rather have the crappy Jack burgers over In-n-out because of the better variety and I like more flavour.

I'd be interested in running In-n-out against White Castle but I can't just jet between them. What's your opinion on Sonic?

I'd like to try What-a-burger, might have to give in to my wife's desire to go to Houston. I'm partially not interested in the drive and grumpy about the exchange rates.

Maybe I need to get some tips on work visas from Jones.

Nah, chick-fil-a is pretty damn good too.

In-n-Out was really good the one time I ate there.

But dude, jack in the box actually has a decent burger. Ya know, for a fast food burger. White Castle doesn't really compare to the others, since they're sliders and just so different from what everyone else offers.

Carls Jr./Hardees has a lot of variety, with like guacamole burgers, etc.

If you make it down to Texas, definitely try out a What-a-burger. The A-1 steak burger or whatever it's called is amazing. The fries aren't all that great, but the burgers more than make up for it.

Sonic is ok. I eat there occasionally. Back in the day, like late 90's, they used to have awesome burgers. But like everyone else, quality drops over time. Honestly I like their hotdogs better. The chicago dog and the new york dog are bomb. Plus they have the huge assortment of drinks. Nothing like getting a cherry vanilla dr. pepper with like 3 shots of vanilla to make it extra vanilla-y. Delicious.
Major tkr4lf

Postby 2dimes on Sun May 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Ever go to Nathan's Famous? Extrodinary hot dog, interesting fries and orangaid.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby tkr4lf on Sun May 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Never heard of it. Canada thing?
Major tkr4lf

Postby riskllama on Sun May 13, 2018 9:07 pm

tkr4lf wrote:Never heard of it. Coney Island thing?

*fixed, lol.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Sun May 13, 2018 9:10 pm

There were a few here but they closed. :(

https://nathansfamous.com
Corporal 2dimes

Postby warmonger1981 on Sun May 13, 2018 9:38 pm

A&W is pretty good. Chic Fila is good. I'll never eat at Burger King because of King Herpes. Once made a bet with my good friend about 10-12 years ago for $10 to see who wouldn't eat at Sonic first. So far neither of us have eaten at Sonic. With inflation that $10 is probably only worth $7-$$8 now. So basically every years the bet goes down in actual value.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon May 14, 2018 2:30 am

2dimes wrote:Ever go to Nathan's Famous? Extrodinary hot dog, interesting fries and orangaid.

When I told my neighbour in Surrey that Mrs thecurl had a job in NYC and we were moving, his immediate comment was "Nathan's hot dogs! Lucky bastard!". I tried them once, utter disappointment.

When we told people in NJ we were moving to Cali, several said "In-and-Out burgers! Lucky bastards!". This may be why I haven't tried 'em yet.

One chain (not a burger joint, diners) based in Cali, but spreading, which I love is the Black Bear Diners. I can never finish even their "small" portions, but the food is excellent. Also the atmosphere and decor is amusing,

Postby 2dimes on Mon May 14, 2018 5:33 am

How often a week would you eat a Hot Dog? You need to go to Sonic for one and report back.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Mon May 14, 2018 6:01 am

jonesthecurl wrote:
2dimes wrote:Ever go to Nathan's Famous? Extrodinary hot dog, interesting fries and orangaid.

When I told my neighbour in Surrey that Mrs thecurl had a job in NYC and we were moving, his immediate comment was "Nathan's hot dogs! Lucky bastard!". I tried them once, utter disappointment.

Reminds me of looking forward to trying Taco Bell. I don't know if they still do it, but when I tried it they were actually making their junk food out of other recycled junk food- Dorito's Taco Bell's Tacos...
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby notyou2 on Tue May 15, 2018 4:40 pm

...floor sweepings....
Captain notyou2

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 17, 2018 2:13 pm

Someone convinced mrs. thegreekdog that Chick-Fil-A was healthy fast food so we eat there on occasion. The ones we've been to also tend to have really great customer service (for whatever that's worth at a chain restaurant). About twice a year I will drive through a McDonald's and get a double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry and then immediately feel horrible about myself.

But here in the Philadelphia-area we have an outstanding semi-fast food chain - Wawa.

https://www.wawa.com/fresh-food
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Fresh sandwiches? That looks perfect!
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mrswdk on Thu May 17, 2018 6:07 pm

I used to like Subway as my fast-food-but-not-unhealthy stop, until the ones in the UK switched all their sodas to diet soda only. Now, f*ck that place.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Someone convinced mrs. thegreekdog that Chick-Fil-A was healthy fast food so we eat there on occasion. The ones we've been to also tend to have really great customer service (for whatever that's worth at a chain restaurant). About twice a year I will drive through a McDonald's and get a double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry and then immediately feel horrible about myself.

But here in the Philadelphia-area we have an outstanding semi-fast food chain - Wawa.

yeah, the curlson turned me on to Wawa when he was living just outside Philly. Good stuff.

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 am

jonesthecurl wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Someone convinced mrs. thegreekdog that Chick-Fil-A was healthy fast food so we eat there on occasion. The ones we've been to also tend to have really great customer service (for whatever that's worth at a chain restaurant). About twice a year I will drive through a McDonald's and get a double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry and then immediately feel horrible about myself.

yeah, the curlson turned me on to Wawa when he was living just outside Philly. Good stuff.

I'm concerned. It sounds like a cult.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri May 18, 2018 1:43 am

Symmetry wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

No, we are sincere. Come join us. Give us all your wordly goods, and we'll give a sandwich sanctioned by the Lord.

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 18, 2018 1:53 am

jonesthecurl wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

No, we are sincere. Come join us. Give us all your wordly goods, and we'll give a sandwich sanctioned by the Lord.

Well, ok, I'll sell my worldly possessions and buy a ticket over there. it better be worth it.
Sergeant Symmetry

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,