Conquer Club

Trudeau Caught in Off-Shore Tax Scandal

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Trudeau Caught in Off-Shore Tax Scandal

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Revealed: Justin Trudeau's close adviser helped move huge sums offshore

The chief fundraiser and senior adviser to the Canadian prime minister, Justin Trudeau, who played a critical role in the rise to power of the charismatic politician, was involved in the movement of millions of dollars to offshore havens, the Paradise Papers reveal.

Stephen Bronfman, heir to the Seagram fortune, who was instrumental in Trudeau’s successful bid for the leadership of the Canadian Liberal party in 2013 and the premiership two years later, engaged through his family investment business in a complex web of entities in the US, Israel and the Cayman Islands. Multimillion-dollar cashflows between the three jurisdictions might legally have avoided taxes in the US, Canada and Israel.

The leaked documents unveil a close relationship between two wealthy families who collaborated to shift millions of dollars to the Cayman Islands. On one side were the Bronfman family, inheritors of the Seagram distillery fortune in Montreal.

On the other side was the Cayman Islands-based trust of Leo Kolber, a former Canadian senator and powerhouse within the Liberal party Trudeau now leads.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/n ... ise-papers
Corporal 1st Class saxitoxin

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Trudeau Caught in Off-Shore Tax Scandal

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:58 pm

finish my fucking sig, asshole...
Captain riskllama

Medals: 53
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4)
Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:33 pm

riskllama wrote:finish my fucking sig, asshole...

Ah, I see, so now that the 'nitch' is past-tense, suxi gets to be the masochistic sig-ho.
Congratulations, condolences... whatever.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (2)
Tribe Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
riskllama wrote:finish my fucking sig, asshole...

Ah, I see, so now that the 'nitch' is past-tense, suxi gets to be the masochistic sig-ho.
Congratulations, condolences... whatever.

lol - get your facts straight, friendo. saxi was always the official sig maker for llamacorp, until today. nietzsche was sort of a low level tech type, mostly confined to the basement and sub levels...
Captain riskllama

Medals: 53
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4)
Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby 2dimes on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:28 pm

Don't get me wrong, I apreciate the attempt but...

This would be kind of like me telling everyone you're a pot head because llama left his weed at Met's place.
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Return to A Place for People to Practice How to Love