Conquer Club

Do you get USPS Informed Delivery? (or your national equival

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you get USPS Informed Delivery? (or your national equival

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:51 pm

I just registered for this. It's where the Post Office sends you an email every morning showing you a scan of all the mail that will be arriving to you that afternoon.

It's mildly exciting, but I think I could live without it, too.

Do you get Informed Delivery? (or whatever your nation's post office calls it)
Corporal saxitoxin

Re: Do you get USPS Informed Delivery? (or your national equ

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:59 pm

In this country we call it informed consent. I find it actually an inconvenience, so I tend to ignore it.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby mrswdk on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm pretty sure we don't have that here, but I do get the concierge in my building to send me a selfie at 5:30pm every day so that when I walk in the front door I already know what he is wearing. Otherwise sometimes he might be wearing a tie that I wasn't expecting and I'll be scared.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:04 pm

mrswdk wrote:I'm pretty sure we don't have that here, but I do get the concierge in my building to send me a selfie at 5:30pm every day so that when I walk in the front door I already know what he is wearing. Otherwise sometimes he might be wearing a tie that I wasn't expecting and I'll be scared.

You have a concierge? Or is concierge what we call a doorman here in MegaCity One?

In MegaCity One, a concierge is someone who makes restaurant reservations for you and gives you directions to places. A doorman opens and closes the door and receives packages.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:03 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
mrswdk wrote:I'm pretty sure we don't have that here, but I do get the concierge in my building to send me a selfie at 5:30pm every day so that when I walk in the front door I already know what he is wearing. Otherwise sometimes he might be wearing a tie that I wasn't expecting and I'll be scared.

You have a concierge? Or is concierge what we call a doorman here in MegaCity One?

In MegaCity One, a concierge is someone who makes restaurant reservations for you and gives you directions to places. A doorman opens and closes the door and receives packages.

So does that make you like the world's greatest doorman?

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby MnrToti on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:37 pm

In my country our mail never arrives. The workers either steal your larger things or never bother to deliver to the right house.
Sergeant MnrToti

Postby mrswdk on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:32 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

To be honest I'm not really sure what he does beyond receiving the mail, putting up notices and stopping urchins from wandering in the front doors. Far as I can tell he just spends all day chilling behind his desk. Maybe I should call down and demand a table for two at the finest restaurant in the city, see what he comes up with.

The security bros in my old office were the same. During the day they just sign guests in and out. Leave the office late at night and they're hanging out chatting and watching football on their phones. Seems like a pretty sweet gig.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:48 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I just registered for this. It's where the Post Office sends you an email every morning showing you a scan of all the mail that will be arriving to you that afternoon.

It's mildly exciting, but I think I could live without it, too.

Do you get Informed Delivery? (or whatever your nation's post office calls it)

I check the mail every day, but I only check my email about once a week, so it would be redundant for me.

They should send me a postcard to let me know what email I'm about to get this week.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Here's what the Board of Governors of the Postal Service sent me the other day. THANKS USPS!!!!!

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby 2dimes on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 pm

How convenient.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

So does that make you like the world's greatest doorman?

-TG

GFY

I only deliver the package
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby KoolBak on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:17 pm

I only opt for the daily notes on the status of my outgoing shipments for my product. They are also sent to the recipients...give a rats ass aboot my personal mail :lol:

Duk....I know you're not, like, 90....why don't you use email? All my accounts come thru outlook on my phone so I have them immediately.....but 90% are biz related, so....
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby mrswdk on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 pm

You could get a chick over to your flat and when the mail hits the mat be like is that a letter from the IRS then she goes and looks for you (because you’re bossing it) and she’s like hey wow it is the IRS and she’s super impressed and then she’d probably let you stick it in her pooper.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:31 pm

mrswdk wrote:You could get a chick over to your flat and when the mail hits the mat be like is that a letter from the IRS then she goes and looks for you (because you’re bossing it) and she’s like hey wow it is the IRS and she’s super impressed and then she’d probably let you stick it in her pooper.

You should probably introduce me to some of your friends as I don't know any girls who are that easily impressed.

Also, if the IRS were ever to find out my address that'd be the last post you'd see from me. Don't think they have internet at Yankton Federal Prison Camp.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:32 pm

KoolBak wrote:I only opt for the daily notes on the status of my outgoing shipments for my product. They are also sent to the recipients...give a rats ass aboot my personal mail :lol:

Duk....I know you're not, like, 90....why don't you use email? All my accounts come thru outlook on my phone so I have them immediately.....but 90% are biz related, so....

I use email, just not that often.

People at work I talk to on my phone. Friends and relatives I talk to face-to-face. People on Conquer Club I talk to on Conquer Club. Email is sort of redundant for personal stuff. Virtually all the emails I do get are, as you say, biz related. Since I don't have a business of my own, that means 95% of them are people selling me things, and since there's not that many things I want to buy, once a week is plenty to review those.

The remaining 5% are mostly my father telling me how fucked up my life is and how I should be more like him, and quite frankly, once or twice a year is often enough to review those....:)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby warmonger1981 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:31 pm

I get my mail order brides via UPS.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby KoolBak on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:53 pm

:lol: Oh man....point to you ;) (I actually almost spit my beer all over my brides computer....then it'd be ME getting the ass chewing....lol)

Dukasaur wrote:
KoolBak wrote:I only opt for the daily notes on the status of my outgoing shipments for my product. They are also sent to the recipients...give a rats ass aboot my personal mail :lol:

I use email, just not that often.

People at work I talk to on my phone. Friends and relatives I talk to face-to-face. People on Conquer Club I talk to on Conquer Club. Email is sort of redundant for personal stuff. Virtually all the emails I do get are, as you say, biz related. Since I don't have a business of my own, that means 95% of them are people selling me things, and since there's not that many things I want to buy, once a week is plenty to review those.

The remaining 5% are mostly my father telling me how fucked up my life is and how I should be more like him, and quite frankly, once or twice a year is often enough to review those....:)
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,