Conquer Club

2018 World Cup in Russia

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:49 pm

mrswdk wrote:
betiko wrote:I don't really see why you see them as inconsistent.... here are our results since the euro 2016 final (a competition that we should've won...). Obviously there are some bad results


Hence waauw calling France inconsistent. Goalless draws with Luxembourg and Belarus, narrow wins over Bulgaria... a team like Germany would bury teams like that 10 times out of 10.

France have the same problem as England. Against the big teams they put in some effort and play like a proper team, against the smaller teams they get complacent and just piss around. A team like Germany or Spain would've used all 16 of those games to hone their play, teams like England or France only bother using the 7-8 games against big name teams to do the same. Means that when they get to the big tournaments they aren't as well practised and they get turned over.

Yah yah I know France got to the final of the last Euros, but they got lucky to beat Ireland in the first knockout round and ultimately ended up losing to Portugal, so there.


Yeah so ireland gets a lucky penalty in the first minute, after an hour of play we were ahead 2-1 dominating the game but hey... that's only because we were lucky :roll:
Then comparing us with england.... the team that lost against iceland... that we beat in quarter finals 5-2.... whatever.
Germany... the team that we knocked out in semi finals you mean?

I'm sorry about your little butt mrswdk. China sucks, in spite of your government's massive investments to build a strong national team, and in spite of your gigantic population. England sucks too in spite of inventing this game. Keep tuned for more humiliating content.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9935
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 228
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (24)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby waauw on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:59 pm

betiko wrote:I don't really see why you see them as inconsistent.... here are our results since the euro 2016 final (a competition that we should've won...). Obviously there are some bad results, but like for every team... not sure spain for example did much better than this... Tomorrow there is a friendly game france-germany.

France 2 -0 Galles
France 2 -1 Biélorussie
Bulgarie 0 -1 France
France 0 -0 Luxembourg
France 4 -0 Pays-Bas
France 3 -2 Angleterre
Suède 2 -1 France
France 5 -0 Paraguay
France 0 -2 Espagne
Luxembourg 1 -3 France
France 0 -0 Côte d'Ivoire
France 2 -1 Suède
Pays-Bas 0 -1 France
France 4 -1 Bulgarie
Biélorussie 0 -0 France
Italie 1 -3 France

I substracted friendlies: 2 draws, 1 loss and 3 narrow wins. Only the 4-0 against the Netherlands and the 4-1 against Bulgaria are impressive. I still think France is strong team, don't get me wrong. But I get the impression it's a team that could beat anyone, but could also stumble against anyone. France has the potential to perform a lot better than this. Again, not sure why France didn't completely dominate some of these games(goal-wise). Though I will admit France wasn't dealt the weakest of groups with Sweden, Netherlands and Bulgaria all three in the top 50 Fifa.

France 2 -1 Biélorussie
Bulgarie 0 -1 France
France 0 -0 Luxembourg
France 4 -0 Pays-Bas
Suède 2 -1 France
Luxembourg 1 -3 France
France 2 -1 Suède
Pays-Bas 0 -1 France
France 4 -1 Bulgarie
Biélorussie 0 -0 France
User avatar
Lieutenant waauw
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Well, it's quite understandable... it depends where those games are in the calendar.
Unfortunately, our players have only one goal in mind... to qualify for the world cup. How? Finishing first of their group. As soon as the 1st place seeems easily atainable... they are less interestesd in the national team. Winning 1-0 is good enough.. minimal service. Most national team games have fixtures during their holidays or between very important games with their clubs... or the coach is testing new players....
This is true for all teams. What is true too, is that your results during qualifiers won't make you better during the official competition.
You are talking about consistency.... a world cup is not a league. It's about being good and decisive at the right moment... in a competition that lasts only a month.

I am not saying that France is impressive, because it's not (although we were really impressive against netherlands beating them 4-0 and playing really well a month or two ago). But we sure are a team that will not be easy to beat, and france not reaching 1/4 finals minimum would be a big surprise. And I know that we can beat anyone... I've seen it multiple times in eurocups and world cups. I've seen france reaching finals in both competitions and losing or winning in both.
This group was in the final of the last eurocup, dominated the final, and lost to portugal's only shot of the game... in overtime. They are sure of their strenghts, they have the experience, they will need the luck... and anything can happen.
Individually, we have a better team than brazil for example. The problem is that the coach doesn't make the team play well most of the time.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9935
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 228
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (24)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby mrswdk on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 pm

betiko wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
betiko wrote:I don't really see why you see them as inconsistent.... here are our results since the euro 2016 final (a competition that we should've won...). Obviously there are some bad results


Hence waauw calling France inconsistent. Goalless draws with Luxembourg and Belarus, narrow wins over Bulgaria... a team like Germany would bury teams like that 10 times out of 10.

France have the same problem as England. Against the big teams they put in some effort and play like a proper team, against the smaller teams they get complacent and just piss around. A team like Germany or Spain would've used all 16 of those games to hone their play, teams like England or France only bother using the 7-8 games against big name teams to do the same. Means that when they get to the big tournaments they aren't as well practised and they get turned over.

Yah yah I know France got to the final of the last Euros, but they got lucky to beat Ireland in the first knockout round and ultimately ended up losing to Portugal, so there.


Yeah so ireland gets a lucky penalty in the first minute, after an hour of play we were ahead 2-1 dominating the game but hey... that's only because we were lucky :roll:
Then comparing us with england.... the team that lost against iceland... that we beat in quarter finals 5-2.... whatever.
Germany... the team that we knocked out in semi finals you mean?

I'm sorry about your little butt mrswdk. China sucks, in spite of your government's massive investments to build a strong national team, and in spite of your gigantic population. England sucks too in spite of inventing this game. Keep tuned for more humiliating content.


You’re awfully sensitive about this. What’s that about? Are you really that emotionally invested in the eternal glory of the French football team?
User avatar
Lieutenant mrswdk
 
Posts: 11839
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Niger
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:39 pm

mrswdk wrote:
betiko wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
betiko wrote:I don't really see why you see them as inconsistent.... here are our results since the euro 2016 final (a competition that we should've won...). Obviously there are some bad results


Hence waauw calling France inconsistent. Goalless draws with Luxembourg and Belarus, narrow wins over Bulgaria... a team like Germany would bury teams like that 10 times out of 10.

France have the same problem as England. Against the big teams they put in some effort and play like a proper team, against the smaller teams they get complacent and just piss around. A team like Germany or Spain would've used all 16 of those games to hone their play, teams like England or France only bother using the 7-8 games against big name teams to do the same. Means that when they get to the big tournaments they aren't as well practised and they get turned over.

Yah yah I know France got to the final of the last Euros, but they got lucky to beat Ireland in the first knockout round and ultimately ended up losing to Portugal, so there.


Yeah so ireland gets a lucky penalty in the first minute, after an hour of play we were ahead 2-1 dominating the game but hey... that's only because we were lucky :roll:
Then comparing us with england.... the team that lost against iceland... that we beat in quarter finals 5-2.... whatever.
Germany... the team that we knocked out in semi finals you mean?

I'm sorry about your little butt mrswdk. China sucks, in spite of your government's massive investments to build a strong national team, and in spite of your gigantic population. England sucks too in spite of inventing this game. Keep tuned for more humiliating content.


You’re awfully sensitive about this. What’s that about? Are you really that emotionally invested in the eternal glory of the French football team?


Your mum licks empty glory holes cause you made her run late to her toilet party. Are you a good son or a bad son?
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9935
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 228
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (24)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby mrswdk on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 pm

betiko’s drunk.

Drunk betiko wants a tickle! Tickle tickle poo!
User avatar
Lieutenant mrswdk
 
Posts: 11839
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Niger
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Denmark is winning 2-1 in ireland at half time... so unless ireland scores 2 goals denmark will go to russia.

Spain just made a draw 3-3 in russia and france is beating germany 1-0 in germany... so as you can see france isn t the only one that can be inconsistent.... and brazil is still 0-0 vs england.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9935
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 228
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (24)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby waauw on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:53 am

Well, this'll be interesting.

POT 1: Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, France, Poland and Russia
POT 2: Spain, Colombia, England, Mexico, Uruguay, Switzerland, Croatia, (Peru?)
POT 3: Iceland, Costa Rica, Iran, Egypt, Denmark, Sweden, Tunesia, Senegal
POT 4: Serbia, Japan, South-Korea, Nigeria, Saudi-Arabia, Panama, Marocco, Australia, (New-Zealand?)

If New zealand wins against Peru, Serbia and Denmark will move one pot up.
Rules: no more than 2 countries from the same continent in the same group

I think everybody will be crossing their fingers to avoid Spain and Colombia.
User avatar
Lieutenant waauw
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:38 am

waauw wrote:Well, this'll be interesting.

POT 1: Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, France, Poland and Russia
POT 2: Spain, Colombia, England, Mexico, Uruguay, Switzerland, Croatia, (Peru?)
POT 3: Iceland, Costa Rica, Iran, Egypt, Denmark, Sweden, Tunesia, Senegal
POT 4: Serbia, Japan, South-Korea, Nigeria, Saudi-Arabia, Panama, Marocco, Australia, (New-Zealand?)

If New zealand wins against Peru, Serbia and Denmark will move one pot up.
Rules: no more than 2 countries from the same continent in the same group

I think everybody will be crossing their fingers to avoid Spain and Colombia.


(i'm assuming peru makes it... they're probably going to cheat and play up in the andes lol)

best group:
france/belgium
switzerland/england
Tunisia/senegal
saudi arabia/morocco

worse group:
france/belgium
spain/croatia
costa rica/iran
nigeria/south korea

or

france/belgium
colombia/uruguay
denmark/sweden
nigeria/japan

i think it's worse with a south american 2 and an european 3. Serbia is pretty scary in pot 4, but no way for a group 1 european to seed them... and 6/8 in pot 1 are european. So pretty sure they will be with brazil or argentina.

Yup.... I think we can already tell that brazil or argentina will inherit the death groups given this rule.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9935
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 228
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (24)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:02 pm

The Italians around here are walking around with the shuffle of men going to the gallows. Is it like that everywhere?
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 21081
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 220
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Event Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (25) Clan Achievement (26)
Training Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (27) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (19)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby waauw on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 pm

betiko wrote:(i'm assuming peru makes it... they're probably going to cheat and play up in the andes lol)

best group:
france/belgium
switzerland/england
Tunisia/senegal
saudi arabia/morocco

worse group:
france/belgium
spain/croatia
costa rica/iran
nigeria/south korea

or

france/belgium
colombia/uruguay
denmark/sweden
nigeria/japan

i think it's worse with a south american 2 and an european 3. Serbia is pretty scary in pot 4, but no way for a group 1 european to seed them... and 6/8 in pot 1 are european. So pretty sure they will be with brazil or argentina.

Yup.... I think we can already tell that brazil or argentina will inherit the death groups given this rule.


Honestly, I don't fear South-Korea as much. Son(Tottenham) is their only good player, with the majority of their players still playing in asia. The only teams in pot 4 that seem somewhat threatening are Japan, Nigeria and of course Serbia.

In pot 3 I fear Iceland is going to have a hard time. Nobody is going to underestimate them this time and I fear they might receive a serious beating as a consequence as they did against France during the euro's.

Pot 2 are strong teams with Spain sticking out head and shoulders. And pot 1, I fear Poland is in trouble if ever something happens to Lewandowski.
User avatar
Lieutenant waauw
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Dukasaur wrote:The Italians around here are walking around with the shuffle of men going to the gallows. Is it like that everywhere?


I had a couple of italian neighbours in my previous place but not here where i moved in a couple of month ago. I guess they are devastated.
In france we still talk about our 1993 elimination from the 1994 USA world cup... almost 25 years later (the scenario was absolutely horrible... we needed a draw in one of our last two games against israel and bulgaria... both as home team... and we lost them both in overtime).
So what happened to italy is something you can remind them in 30 years, they will still be pissed.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9935
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 228
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (24)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:48 pm

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:(i'm assuming peru makes it... they're probably going to cheat and play up in the andes lol)

best group:
france/belgium
switzerland/england
Tunisia/senegal
saudi arabia/morocco

worse group:
france/belgium
spain/croatia
costa rica/iran
nigeria/south korea

or

france/belgium
colombia/uruguay
denmark/sweden
nigeria/japan

i think it's worse with a south american 2 and an european 3. Serbia is pretty scary in pot 4, but no way for a group 1 european to seed them... and 6/8 in pot 1 are european. So pretty sure they will be with brazil or argentina.

Yup.... I think we can already tell that brazil or argentina will inherit the death groups given this rule.


Honestly, I don't fear South-Korea as much. Son(Tottenham) is their only good player, with the majority of their players still playing in asia. The only teams in pot 4 that seem somewhat threatening are Japan, Nigeria and of course Serbia.

In pot 3 I fear Iceland is going to have a hard time. Nobody is going to underestimate them this time and I fear they might receive a serious beating as a consequence as they did against France during the euro's.

Pot 2 are strong teams with Spain sticking out head and shoulders. And pot 1, I fear Poland is in trouble if ever something happens to Lewandowski.


South korea is always difficult. I honestly don't think they are below japan... i don't really know their current team, but they ve been around for a while and always do pretty good.
Nigeria seems to have a very good team. Definitely wouldn't like to face them. We struggled against them in 1/8th finals in the last world cup, they are now the current african champions.

Whoever gets russia from pot 1 is a lucky bastard. Will Putin ask for hot/cold balls to pick his favorite group? I doubt they ll be able to qualify.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9935
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 228
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (24)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby GoranZ on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:09 pm

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:Those are 2 european soccer nations that need to be in a world cup...


Never took you for a blasphemer Betty, but this is plain heretical.

I agree... How can you even write this
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
General GoranZ
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:14 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (35) Tribe Achievement (3)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:41 am

GoranZ wrote:
waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:Those are 2 european soccer nations that need to be in a world cup...


Never took you for a blasphemer Betty, but this is plain heretical.

I agree... How can you even write this


who will you be rooting for? russia and serbia?
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9935
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 228
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (24)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

What sport is the world cup?
User avatar
Corporal saxitoxin
 
Posts: 5635
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:20 pm

saxitoxin wrote:What sport is the world cup?


THE sport.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9935
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 228
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (2) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (24)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:28 pm

betiko wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:What sport is the world cup?


THE sport.


Oh baseball? Not to be a stickler, but it's actually called the World Series. And the U.S. has won it 112 of the 114 times its been played.
User avatar
Corporal saxitoxin
 
Posts: 5635
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby dakky21 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:45 pm

waauw wrote:Well, this'll be interesting.

POT 1: Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, France, Poland and Russia
POT 2: Spain, Colombia, England, Mexico, Uruguay, Switzerland, Croatia, (Peru?)
POT 3: Iceland, Costa Rica, Iran, Egypt, Denmark, Sweden, Tunesia, Senegal
POT 4: Serbia, Japan, South-Korea, Nigeria, Saudi-Arabia, Panama, Marocco, Australia, (New-Zealand?)

If New zealand wins against Peru, Serbia and Denmark will move one pot up.
Rules: no more than 2 countries from the same continent in the same group

I think everybody will be crossing their fingers to avoid Spain and Colombia.


I'm not getting the rules. If it's no more than 2 countries from the same continent, what happens if for example, Colombia and Argentina, and, Uruguay and Brazil end in the first two groups. That leaves 6 Europeans in the first pot, meaning if for example Serbia and Iceland are in the third group, that group can't be filled because it would have at least 3 teams from the same continent?

I guess they will draw from the back, so Pot 4 first, then Pot 3, then 2 and then 1, but it still leaves space for having 3 teams from the same continent.

Can anyone explain?
Lieutenant dakky21
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:27 am
Location: Rijeka, Croatia
Medals: 153
Event Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10)
General Achievement (45) Clan Achievement (35) Challenge Achievement (10) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (8)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby Mad777 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:What sport is the world cup?


THE sport.


Oh baseball? Not to be a stickler, but it's actually called the World Series. And the U.S. has won it 112 of the 114 times its been played.


tssssss....THE sport is NHL of course 8-)
".....Unleashed - Enjoy it!!!....."
Image
User avatar
Major Mad777
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am
Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (33) General Contribution (7)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby waauw on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:36 pm

dakky21 wrote:
waauw wrote:Well, this'll be interesting.

POT 1: Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, France, Poland and Russia
POT 2: Spain, Colombia, England, Mexico, Uruguay, Switzerland, Croatia, (Peru?)
POT 3: Iceland, Costa Rica, Iran, Egypt, Denmark, Sweden, Tunesia, Senegal
POT 4: Serbia, Japan, South-Korea, Nigeria, Saudi-Arabia, Panama, Marocco, Australia, (New-Zealand?)

If New zealand wins against Peru, Serbia and Denmark will move one pot up.
Rules: no more than 2 countries from the same continent in the same group

I think everybody will be crossing their fingers to avoid Spain and Colombia.


I'm not getting the rules. If it's no more than 2 countries from the same continent, what happens if for example, Colombia and Argentina, and, Uruguay and Brazil end in the first two groups. That leaves 6 Europeans in the first pot, meaning if for example Serbia and Iceland are in the third group, that group can't be filled because it would have at least 3 teams from the same continent?

I guess they will draw from the back, so Pot 4 first, then Pot 3, then 2 and then 1, but it still leaves space for having 3 teams from the same continent.

Can anyone explain?


Added note, only UEFA can get 2 teams of the same continent/confederation in the same group, for all others no 2 can be set together.
Fifa wrote:no teams from the same confederation, with the exception of UEFA, which could have up to two teams in the same group, will be drawn into the same group.

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/news/y=2017/m=9/news=oc-for-fifa-competitions-approves-procedures-for-the-final-draw-of-the-2907924.html


Here's how the whole procedure occured in 2014 Brazil:
  • 1)One European team was first randomly drawn from Pot 4 and placed into Pot 2, in order to create four even pots of eight teams (in the draw Italy was drawn out).[8]
  • 2)The draw then proceeded with the drawing of the other seven seeded teams from Pot 1 into Groups B–H, with Brazil having been predetermined to be in Group A.
  • 3)To maximise geographic separation, an ancillary pot ("Pot X") was created during the draw into which the four seeded South American teams (from Pot 1) were placed. One of these four teams was then drawn out (in the draw Uruguay was drawn out).
  • 4)The sole European team from Pot 2 was then automatically placed into the group of the South American team that was drawn from "Pot X" (Italy was therefore placed into Uruguay's group); This process prevented three European teams being grouped together.
  • 5)All remaining teams were then drawn sequentially from the pots (i.e. Pots 2, 3, then 4) into the groups in alphabetical order (i.e. Group A, then Group B, etc.). During the drawing of Pot 2, groups could be skipped over as the two South American teams in Pot 2 were not permitted to be drawn into the (remaining three) groups headed by South American seeds.
  • 6)The positions within the eight groups were then drawn for the non-seeded teams, in order to determine the order of the fixtures within each group. The eight seeded teams were automatically designated the position of Team 1 within their group (e.g. Brazil would be A1).

So basically they create seperate pots within pots, or so to speak.
User avatar
Lieutenant waauw
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:40 pm

Uh folks.. about the soccer talk?
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Corporal Thorthoth
 
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: My pyramid in Asgard, beside the glaciated Nile.
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (2)
Tribe Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby waauw on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Uh folks.. about the soccer talk?


Soccer? What is this mythical "soccer" you are talking about?
User avatar
Lieutenant waauw
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby dakky21 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 pm

waauw wrote:POT 1: Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, France, Poland and Russia
POT 2: Spain, Colombia, England, Mexico, Uruguay, Switzerland, Croatia, (Peru?)
POT 3: Iceland, Costa Rica, Iran, Egypt, Denmark, Sweden, Tunesia, Senegal
POT 4: Serbia, Japan, South-Korea, Nigeria, Saudi-Arabia, Panama, Marocco, Australia, (New-Zealand?)

So basically they create seperate pots within pots, or so to speak.


So basically pots will be like this in fact:

1- Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Peru, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama
2- Germany, Portugal, Belgium, France, Poland, Russia, Spain, England
3- Switzerland, Croatia, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Serbia, Japan, South-Korea
4- Nigeria, Saudi-Arabia, Australia, Iran, Egypt, Tunesia, Senegal, Morocco

Not sure if Iran is in Asia or Europe, but if it's in Asia it just can't go with Japan and South Korea, everything else is just pick one from each pot.

edit: actually no, since Brazil for example can't get Germany. Hmm.
Lieutenant dakky21
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:27 am
Location: Rijeka, Croatia
Medals: 153
Event Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10)
General Achievement (45) Clan Achievement (35) Challenge Achievement (10) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (8)

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby waauw on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm

dakky21 wrote:
waauw wrote:POT 1: Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, France, Poland and Russia
POT 2: Spain, Colombia, England, Mexico, Uruguay, Switzerland, Croatia, (Peru?)
POT 3: Iceland, Costa Rica, Iran, Egypt, Denmark, Sweden, Tunesia, Senegal
POT 4: Serbia, Japan, South-Korea, Nigeria, Saudi-Arabia, Panama, Marocco, Australia, (New-Zealand?)

So basically they create seperate pots within pots, or so to speak.


So basically pots will be like this in fact:

1- Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Peru, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama
2- Germany, Portugal, Belgium, France, Poland, Russia, Spain, England
3- Switzerland, Croatia, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Serbia, Japan, South-Korea
4- Nigeria, Saudi-Arabia, Australia, Iran, Egypt, Tunesia, Senegal, Morocco

Not sure if Iran is in Asia or Europe, but if it's in Asia it just can't go with Japan and South Korea, everything else is just pick one from each pot.

edit: actually no, since Brazil for example can't get Germany. Hmm.


Here's the procedure for 2010:

In order to maintain geographical separation of teams, the basic draw procedure had to be modified for the drawing of Pot 3. No South American teams could be placed into Brazil or Argentina's groups, and no African team could be placed in South Africa's group. In order to accommodate this, the first two African teams drawn would be placed immediately into Brazil and Argentina's groups. South Africa's group (predetermined to be Group A) was to be left vacant until filled by the first South American team drawn. Beyond these considerations, the principle of filling from A to H applied.[2]

In the event, the first two teams drawn from Pot 3 were Nigeria and Ivory Coast, who were placed in Argentina's Group B and Brazil's Group G respectively. Algeria were then placed in Group C so that a South American team, Uruguay, could be placed with South Africa in Group A.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_seeding


seems like they change it up a bit every world cup depending on the distribution within the pots. Possibly after Pot 1 has been seeded, they will have two different Pot 2's to avoid Colombia, Uruguay and Peru to be drawn in with Brazil or Argentina. So, they would draw from a european+mexico pot 2 to first fill the second spot of the Brazil and Argentina groups.

etc.
User avatar
Lieutenant waauw
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to A Place for People to Practice How to Love

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jonesthecurl, thegreekdog