Conquer Club

Astrology!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Astrology!

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 am

Taurus is the best dicknuts
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: Astrology!

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:14 am

That's bull!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:18 pm

Shit!
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby tzor on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:09 pm

I would say Leo, but I would be Lion.
Cadet tzor

Postby waauw on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:46 pm

tzor wrote:I would say Leo, but I would be Lion.

You must be mew two pokƩmon.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Way back when, they were the same thing. People were only watching the stars to look for signs.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Who posts signs in the stars?????

There are signs everywhere.

Classic song, and great Canadian band.
Captain notyou2

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:13 pm

I'm not a huge, "Hey baby, what's your sign?" type of person but.. I have to admit there seems to be something going on there. I see a bunch of women posting "Mercury is going into retrograde. Don't buy a new refrigerator." Or similar messages and notice things being a bit off and/or people are cranky.

It happens too much for it to be just the astrology folks causing it to happen. Obviously it could be a co-incidence but it happens a lot.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:32 pm

notyou2 wrote:Who posts signs in the stars?????

Long-haired freaky people need not apply.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:36 am

A few coincidences does not prove causality.

Many astrological predictions are so vague and so general that any thing can seem "predicted" or correct.

JP4F

2dimes wrote:I'm not a huge, "Hey baby, what's your sign?" type of person but.. I have to admit there seems to be something going on there. I see a bunch of women posting "Mercury is going into retrograde. Don't buy a new refrigerator." Or similar messages and notice things being a bit off and/or people are cranky.

It happens too much for it to be just the astrology folks causing it to happen. Obviously it could be a co-incidence but it happens a lot.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:44 pm

If you are trying to "prove causality" I can't help. Sorry.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 pm

2dimes wrote:If you are trying to "prove causality" I can't help. Sorry.

if you were taurus you could
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby notyou2 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Who posts signs in the stars?????

Long-haired freaky people need not apply.

Hey, what gives you the right?
Captain notyou2

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Taurus is the best dicknuts

I didn't know you were a doughnut.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:33 pm

First let's deal with astrology:

Astrology and science
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology_and_science

Astrology consists of a number of belief systems that hold that there is a relationship between astronomical phenomena and events or descriptions of personality in the human world. Astrology has been rejected by the scientific community as having no explanatory power for describing the universe. Scientific testing of astrology has been conducted, and no evidence has been found to support the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions.[1]

Where astrology has made falsifiable predictions, it has been falsified.
[1]:424 The most famous test was headed by Shawn Carlson and included a committee of scientists and a committee of astrologers. It led to the conclusion that natal astrology performed no better than chance. Astrologer and psychologist Michel Gauquelin claimed to have found statistical support for "the Mars effect" in the birth dates of athletes, but it could not be replicated in further studies[quote without source] . The organisers of later studies claimed that Gauquelin had tried to influence their inclusion criteria for the study by suggesting specific individuals be removed. It has also been suggested, by Geoffrey Dean, that the reporting of birth times by parents (before the 1950s) may have caused the apparent effect.

Astrology has not demonstrated its effectiveness in controlled studies and has no scientific validity,[1][2]:85 and as such, is regarded as pseudoscience.[3][4]:1350 There is no proposed mechanism of action by which the positions and motions of stars and planets could affect people and events on Earth in the way astrologers say they do that does not contradict well-understood, basic aspects of biology and physics.[5]:249[6]

Astrology is not to be confused with Causality.

For other uses, see Causality (disambiguation).
Not to be confused with Casualty.
"Cause" and "Cause and effect" redirect here. For other uses, see Cause (disambiguation) and Cause and effect (disambiguation).

Causality (also referred to as causation,[1] or cause and effect) is the natural or worldly agency or efficacy that connects one process (the cause) with another process or state (the effect), where the first is partly responsible for the second, and the second is partly dependent on the first. In general, a process has many causes, which are said to be causal factors for it, and all lie in its past. An effect can in turn be a cause of, or causal factor for, many other effects, which all lie in its future. Causality is metaphysically prior to notions of time and space.[2][3]

Causality is an abstraction that indicates how the world progresses, so basic a concept that it is more apt as an explanation of other concepts of progression than as something to be explained by others more basic. The concept is like those of agency and efficacy. For this reason, a leap of intuition may be needed to grasp it.[4] Accordingly, causality is implicit in the logic and structure of ordinary language.[5]

In Aristotelian philosophy, the word 'cause' is also used to mean 'explanation' or 'answer to a why question', including Aristotle's material, formal, efficient, and final "causes"; then the "cause" is the explanans for the explanandum. In this case, failure to recognize that different kinds of "cause" are being considered can lead to futile debate. Of Aristotle's four explanatory modes, the one nearest to the concerns of the present article is the "efficient" one.

{......SKIP TO.....}

Physics
Main article: Causality (physics)

One has to be careful in the use of the word cause in physics. Properly speaking, the hypothesized cause and the hypothesized effect are each temporally transient processes. For example, force is a useful concept for the explanation of acceleration, but force is not by itself a cause. More is needed. For example, a temporally transient process might be characterized by a definite change of force at a definite time. Such a process can be regarded as a cause. Causality is not inherently implied in equations of motion, but postulated as an additional constraint that needs to be satisfied (i.e. a cause always precedes its effect). This constraint has mathematical implications[41] such as the Kramers-Kronig relations.

Causality is one of the most fundamental and essential notions of physics.[42]

If you are trying to prove astronony has any validity, other than a few coincidences, you missed.

JP4F

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:04 am

tl;dr
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:46 am

-- . ....

jusplay4fun wrote:First let's deal with astrology:

Astrology and science

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology_and_science

Astrology consists of a number of belief systems that hold that there is a relationship between astronomical phenomena and events or descriptions of personality in the human world. Astrology has been rejected by the scientific community as having no explanatory power for describing the universe. Scientific testing of astrology has been conducted, and no evidence has been found to support the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions.[1]

Where astrology has made falsifiable predictions, it has been falsified.
[1]:424 The most famous test was headed by Shawn Carlson and included a committee of scientists and a committee of astrologers. It led to the conclusion that natal astrology performed no better than chance. Astrologer and psychologist Michel Gauquelin claimed to have found statistical support for "the Mars effect" in the birth dates of athletes, but it could not be replicated in further studies[quote without source] . The organisers of later studies claimed that Gauquelin had tried to influence their inclusion criteria for the study by suggesting specific individuals be removed. It has also been suggested, by Geoffrey Dean, that the reporting of birth times by parents (before the 1950s) may have caused the apparent effect.

Astrology has not demonstrated its effectiveness in controlled studies and has no scientific validity,[1][2]:85 and as such, is regarded as pseudoscience.[3][4]:1350 There is no proposed mechanism of action by which the positions and motions of stars and planets could affect people and events on Earth in the way astrologers say they do that does not contradict well-understood, basic aspects of biology and physics.[5]:249[6]

Astrology is not to be confused with Causality.

For other uses, see Causality (disambiguation).
Not to be confused with Casualty.
"Cause" and "Cause and effect" redirect here. For other uses, see Cause (disambiguation) and Cause and effect (disambiguation).

Causality (also referred to as causation,[1] or cause and effect) is the natural or worldly agency or efficacy that connects one process (the cause) with another process or state (the effect), where the first is partly responsible for the second, and the second is partly dependent on the first. In general, a process has many causes, which are said to be causal factors for it, and all lie in its past. An effect can in turn be a cause of, or causal factor for, many other effects, which all lie in its future. Causality is metaphysically prior to notions of time and space.[2][3]

Causality is an abstraction that indicates how the world progresses, so basic a concept that it is more apt as an explanation of other concepts of progression than as something to be explained by others more basic. The concept is like those of agency and efficacy. For this reason, a leap of intuition may be needed to grasp it.[4] Accordingly, causality is implicit in the logic and structure of ordinary language.[5]

In Aristotelian philosophy, the word 'cause' is also used to mean 'explanation' or 'answer to a why question', including Aristotle's material, formal, efficient, and final "causes"; then the "cause" is the explanans for the explanandum. In this case, failure to recognize that different kinds of "cause" are being considered can lead to futile debate. Of Aristotle's four explanatory modes, the one nearest to the concerns of the present article is the "efficient" one.

{......SKIP TO.....}

Physics
Main article: Causality (physics)

One has to be careful in the use of the word cause in physics. Properly speaking, the hypothesized cause and the hypothesized effect are each temporally transient processes. For example, force is a useful concept for the explanation of acceleration, but force is not by itself a cause. More is needed. For example, a temporally transient process might be characterized by a definite change of force at a definite time. Such a process can be regarded as a cause. Causality is not inherently implied in equations of motion, but postulated as an additional constraint that needs to be satisfied (i.e. a cause always precedes its effect). This constraint has mathematical implications[41] such as the Kramers-Kronig relations.

Causality is one of the most fundamental and essential notions of physics.[42]

If you are trying to prove astronony has any validity, other than a few coincidences, you missed.

JP4F

STFU!
Attachments
-.--. -.. --- -. .----. -.png
-.--. -.. --- -. .----. -.png (115.83 KiB) Viewed 2305 times

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:58 am

The FAKE Bernie demonstrates again his LACK of intelligence so cogently. Take your own advice, you IDIOT. Every time you post, you prove it again and again.

No wonder you were BANNED. People with your lack of ONE INTELLIGENT thought should be banned for LACK of anything useful to say.

Your four letter response did not even elicit any humor; you do play the FOOL on occasions, but this time you play the role of the village idiot. You do that so well, fake Bernie.

JP

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:20 am

jusplay4fun wrote:The FAKE Bernie demonstrates again his LACK of intelligence so cogently. Take your own advice, you IDIOT. Every time you post, you prove it again and again.

No wonder you were BANNED. People with your lack of ONE INTELLIGENT thought should be banned for LACK of anything useful to say.

Your four letter response did not even elicit any humor; you do play the FOOL on occasions, but this time you play the role of the village idiot. You do that so well, fake Bernie.

JP

Oh my, are you gnashing your teeth? Careful my little friend it's really bad for your dental health.

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 am

Any Astrologers here? Based on the fighting I guess a moon of Mars is under Sagitarius or something.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby tzor on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Well it is a full moon (which has nothing to do with astrology, human hormones are generally synchronized to the cycle of the moon because it was the largest nighttime light source in the sky).
Cadet tzor

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:55 pm

I have ALL my teeth, unlike fake bernie, who needs to rid his baby teeth, halitosis, and small squeaky and squeamish voice from his mouth of Babble.

I have to compliment you on this one, fake burnie, you did not resort (for once) to a 4 letter curse word. Maybe there is Hope......NAW, nm.

JP

Bernie Sanders wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:The FAKE Bernie demonstrates again his LACK of intelligence so cogently. Take your own advice, you IDIOT. Every time you post, you prove it again and again.

JP

Oh my, are you gnashing your teeth? Careful my little friend it's really bad for your dental health.

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:28 am

2dimes wrote:Any Astrologers here? Based on the fighting I guess a moon of Mars is under Sagitarius or something.

It's under Orion's belt.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby KoolBak on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:44 am

Or under the icy regolith encircling Uranus.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:53 am

KoolBak wrote:Or under the icy regolith encircling Uranus.

I've never really enjoyed looking at Uranus. I guess it's an acquired taste.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,