Conquer Club

Are Civil War re-enactments done?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Are Civil War re-enactments done?

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 am

ConfederateSS wrote:
riskllama wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:-------Thank GOD....D.J. TRUMP is PRES. as he fights P.C. stupidity. 8-) For, I hate to break it to all the history haters...THE FACT IS Robert E. Lee was America's greatest soldier....YES AMERICA'S...HE WAS AN AMERICAN....PERIOD!!!!....As people try and ban and remove stuff...In a 100 years from now...MLKjr statues might be removed, his day taken away from being a national holiday....Because once you start removing things from history...The road gets easier and easier, as the country changes, and changes....In 2120 the Mexicans, The Native Americans,even The Chinese or Russians might be running things in America,like Commie Pinko Bernie wants,who's the traitor ;) ......I'm telling you...stop the witch hunts now...while there is still time...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

really? i thought it was chris kyle...
seriously tho, the greatest 'murican soldier has got to be Smedley Butler, confedss. now there's a goddamn hero...;)

------Not only his bloodline is tied to The Ist Pres, Good Old George,as his right hand man was Light Horse H.Lee in the Amer. Rev.War...Lee's father...Lee would marry Washington's granddaughter ...Lee went off to West Point...To become the only Cadet to go through all 4 years, without being given 1 demerit...He would capture with a small force a Mexican General and his army outside Mexico City in the lava/ash fields...as a Lt. As his army career grew...So did his military mind....Lincoln want Lee to have 1st chance at leading the Union army...But Lee followed his home state into THE WAR BETWEEN THE STATES...Where he would come up with even more great strategies that are taught around the world...Along with Stonewall... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

I suppose you'll be calling Benedict Arnold a hero next.

Fuking traitors! That includes Trump who colluded with the Russians with our electoral system.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby tzor on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Apparently it's taboo now to show the Confederacy in a positive light. The question then becomes what's the point of a re-enactment if it carries that sort of value judgement?

I was too occupied to notice if the Confederate reenactors were at the local county fair last year. They have been there every year in general, with a nice camp set up. I'm not sure how they put the Confederacy in a "positive light" since they also love to talk about how primitive war medicine was in those days as well.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:49 pm

Selectively quoting here ...

ConfederateSS wrote:Now symbols of the Confederacy are not Racist,just because some have chosen to use them....

But they were used by groups that were openly racist, such as the paramilitary arm of the Democratic Party ... aka the KKK.

In fact, that's they key to the whole problem. The whole notion of the flag is odd. The use of the flag sized version of the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia (which is actually The Second Confederate Navy Jack, 1863–1865) is not in proper keeping with the spirit of the "Confederacy" which should properly be the first flag "The Stars and Bars" of the third flag "The Blood Stained Banner."

ConfederateSS wrote:THE FACT IS Robert E. Lee was America's greatest soldier....

That can be strongly debated. I'm not saying he's not a great soldier, but he's not better than Washington. But in the end, Lee suffered from a major problem in leadership. We know from his writings that even before the war was started he knew that the war was going to be a lost cause, but because of a misplaced sense of loyalty he followed the commands of political leaders who lacked the full understanding of how badly a war can screw you up.
Cadet tzor

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 am

-------HELL YEAH,BENEDICT ARNOLD WAS A HERO...IF THEY WOULD OF HAD THE CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR BACK THEN...ARNOLD WOULD HAVE WON IT 3 TIMES...MAYBE IF THE LEADERS WOULDN'T PROMOTE 18/19 YEAR OLDS TO THE RANK OF GENERAL,LAFFEYETTE....OVER ARNOLD...HE MIGHT NOT OF CHOSE GOLD OVER WEST POINT.,and he had an expensive LADY ;) .... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 am

ConfederateSS wrote:-------HELL YEAH,BENEDICT ARNOLD WAS A HERO...IF THEY WOULD OF HAD THE CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR BACK THEN...ARNOLD WOULD HAVE WON IT 3 TIMES...MAYBE IF THE LEADERS WOULDN'T PROMOTE 18/19 YEAR OLDS TO THE RANK OF GENERAL,LAFFEYETTE....OVER ARNOLD...HE MIGHT NOT OF CHOSE GOLD OVER WEST POINT.,and he had an expensive LADY ;) .... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D

If the Continental Army captured Benedict Arnold, he would of been executed for treason.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Wow. I didn't think you were serious. I stand corrected.

I think Mark Twain said something about that:
Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't

If I told you that Snagglepuss is now a homosexual playright being pursued by the HUAC, you might not believe me...

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/01/snagglepuss-exit-stage-left-is-a-brilliant-exploration-of-mccarthyism-and-the-lavender-scare/
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:39 pm

instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby mrswdk on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:08 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I think Mark Twain said something about that:
Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't

Mark Twain never watched Lost.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,