Conquer Club

Russia VS USA

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Russia VS USA

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:41 am

warmonger1981 wrote:Is it just me or would it be better to rule the world through Finance or Industry? It's much harder to rule a country through military force or a military presence. Would it not be easier for let's say one Central Bank to control an economy? Or maybe the City of London to set up financial regulations that everybody would have to follow? It's similar to the Vatican but instead of religion is finance. I once heard that the corporation that controls the third world would control the planet.

Central banks certainly try to control their economies, but they find economies are a slippery thing, difficult to manage.

There is always someone who imagines he can control the economy given the right lever, but controlling the economy with levers is a bit like changing the course of a river by hitting it with a stick. You'll see some ripples, and if you have a really big stick you might make a big splash, but in the end the river will calmly go about its business and follow its own chaotic course.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby warmonger1981 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:43 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
warmonger1981 wrote:Is it just me or would it be better to rule the world through Finance or Industry? It's much harder to rule a country through military force or a military presence. Would it not be easier for let's say one Central Bank to control an economy? Or maybe the City of London to set up financial regulations that everybody would have to follow? It's similar to the Vatican but instead of religion is finance. I once heard that the corporation that controls the third world would control the planet.

Central banks certainly try to control their economies, but they find economies are a slippery thing, difficult to manage.

There is always someone who imagines he can control the economy given the right lever, but controlling the economy with levers is a bit like changing the course of a river by hitting it with a stick. You'll see some ripples, and if you have a really big stick you might make a big splash, but in the end the river will calmly go about its business and follow its own chaotic course.

Sounds like Capitalism.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby riskllama on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Lieutenant riskllama

Postby warmonger1981 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:36 pm

I think the biggest lever is who controls the interest rates. Basically everything is on credit. And credit is always tied to an interest rate.
Captain warmonger1981

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,