Conquer Club

school shooting

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: school shooting

Postby Bernie Sanders on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:17 am

warmonger1981 wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
warmonger1981 wrote:Why do men commit suicide more than women?

Because we can't get laid.

There's no "I" in "we"

There's no "Bernie" in "laid."

Want to go camping?
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby warmonger1981 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
warmonger1981 wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
warmonger1981 wrote:Why do men commit suicide more than women?

Because we can't get laid.

There's no "I" in "we"

There's no "Bernie" in "laid."

Want to go camping?

Sounds romantic. You can hold my sandwich while I get balls deep in that ass.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby KoolBak on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:34 pm

I'm trying to eat lunch here!!!

"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby 2dimes on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Was it a sandwich?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:06 pm

mrswdk wrote:So your answer is that even if banning guns was guaranteed to make American citizens safer, you would rather allow people to have guns? I thought people's safety was your top priority?

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:The US crime rates aren't bad because of guns, they're bad because it's not a homogeneous society and other countries have more effective means of reducing poverty rates, increasing education among the general population, etc.

Malaysia is more ethnically diverse, poorer and has a weaker education system than the US and yet its murder rate is half that of the US.

In any case I didn't say that America is dangerous because of guns. I said that despite guns, America is more dangerous than other countries. So guns don't appear to be doing much to protect the people of America.

Says you. Malaysia also is a tenth of the population of the U.S. with a landmass of about 2.5 states, and seems to average more police officers (from what I could find, national average for U.S. cities of 500k+ is about 25 officers per 10k population, although some large cities had upwards of 60-70, and Malaysia seems to average 37 per 10k in the RMP alone).

The inalienability of rights is my greatest political concern. For the same reason I don't support the government spying or searching or seizing without just cause, even though purportedly we are "safer" in this post 9/11 age from terrorists where the government commonly does so, I don't support restricting the right to self-defense. Whether people wish to squander that right is not my concern, merely that they have it.

Neoteny wrote:But maybe lack of empathy is not the right descriptor here. You seem more than willing to let the vulnerable fend for themselves instead of doing what we can to protect them. Kids, the elderly. Give them a gun too. Let them deal with it. They'll be fine. Maybe there is some empathy there; but to me it's definitely starting to look a lot more like cowardice.

People should be willing and able to "deal with it." If someone is trying to kill you, I hope you don't live where the police take 30+ minutes to get to you if they come at all. But that's beside point. The crimes like assault, murder, or rape are already illegal, and there's already a police force who are supposed to protect the citizenry. I don't really know what else can be done sans soma-inducing everyone to make sure no one misbehaves.

Regardless, your position is more reasonable than I initially interpreted.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:33 am

ConfederateSS wrote:--------1941---Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto,"In America, there is a gun behind every blade of grass."-----He really,really did not want to go to war against America...He lived for awhile and graduated from college in America...He tried to tell his leaders... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D

Dealt with this claim several years ago in these forums. It's bollocks, he never said that.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby mrswdk on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:48 am

Although there is apparently a quote from a different Japanese admiral to much the same effect.

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:53 am

Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby karel on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:12 am

jonesthecurl wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:--------1941---Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto,"In America, there is a gun behind every blade of grass."-----He really,really did not want to go to war against America...He lived for awhile and graduated from college in America...He tried to tell his leaders... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D

Dealt with this claim several years ago in these forums. It's bollocks, he never said that.

guess you were not there when he said it?
Private 1st Class karel

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:15 am

karel wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

guess you were not there when he said it?

He actually said, "Two chickens in every pot"

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:07 am

It probably won't matter because the money is in guns, but these children have been more effective in forcing discussion on gun control than the entire democratic party has been in about 20 years.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:31 am

Neoteny wrote:It probably won't matter because the money is in guns, but these children have been more effective in forcing discussion on gun control than the entire democratic party has been in about 20 years.

Thank God! We have Republicans leading the attack on gun control!

Fukn Democrats!

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:51 am

Bernie Sanders wrote:
Neoteny wrote:It probably won't matter because the money is in guns, but these children have been more effective in forcing discussion on gun control than the entire democratic party has been in about 20 years.

Thank God! We have Republicans leading the attack on gun control!

Fukn Democrats!

I mean, if Trump bans bumpstocks, the Pubes will have the most significant gun control measure since the 1994.
Major Neoteny

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:04 am

We can only hope that the Republicans lose badly in the midterm elections and we can make real changes in our ISIS flavored gun laws.

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:30 am

That's a good way to phrase it since democrats don't know how to win a contested national election anymore, much less congressional or local ones. The Republicans have to actively lose, which they are doing with their tax bills and other insane policies, despite all the efforts of Democrats to give their leverage away. The Pubs will lose the next election but keep their policies in place until they can swing back again and continue dismantling the government while the dems flail ineffectually when they have control.
Major Neoteny

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Neoteny wrote:That's a good way to phrase it since democrats don't know how to win a contested national election anymore, much less congressional or local ones. The Republicans have to actively lose, which they are doing with their tax bills and other insane policies, despite all the efforts of Democrats to give their leverage away. The Pubs will lose the next election but keep their policies in place until they can swing back again and continue dismantling the government while the dems flail ineffectually when they have control.

Your such an optimist.....have you tried the one bullet in the revolver trick it might work for you.

The pendulum is swinging back to progressive policies and yes it's due to the crazies who are getting crazier by the year in the Republican Party.

Thank you Trump for helping steer the Republicans over the cliff. You fukn Russian dik suckr!

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:50 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:Your such an optimist.....have you tried the one bullet in the revolver trick it might work for you.

The pendulum is swinging back to progressive policies and yes it's due to the crazies who are getting crazier by the year in the Republican Party.

Thank you Trump for helping steer the Republicans over the cliff. You fukn Russian dik suckr!

It's a pretty small cliff. They'll be back by midterms after next no worse for wear.
Major Neoteny

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:06 pm

Neoteny wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:Your such an optimist.....have you tried the one bullet in the revolver trick it might work for you.

It's a pretty small cliff. They'll be back by midterms after next no worse for wear.

We will see if the Mueller investigation goes gonzo this year. It may paint the GOP as a bunch of weinies who tried to cover up the Trump collaboration with the Russians and all his money laundering.

This scandal is unfolding before our eyes and will make Watergate seem petty in comparison. The indictments are multiplying by the week.

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:11 pm

I've told you before Burnsie, don't trust a cop to do your politics for you. That's not their job.
Major Neoteny

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
Neoteny wrote:

We will see if the Mueller investigation goes gonzo this year. It may paint the GOP as a bunch of weinies who tried to cover up the Trump collaboration with the Russians and all his money laundering.

This scandal is unfolding before our eyes and will make Watergate seem petty in comparison. The indictments are multiplying by the week.

And yet, Biff's approval rating goes up and up. Every new scandal just rolls off his back. He's discovered that the public, its collective brain rotted from 50 years of watching Three's Company and Friends, no longer has the attention span for even a three-paragraph analysis of the facts. He who controls the soundbite controls public discourse, and Biff is the master trademark-maker. Marco Rubio will forever be Little Marco Rubio, and not one person in a hundred can tell you what policies he represents.

There's only two men whose opinions on American politics I trust -- Penn Jillette and Bill Maher -- and they've both said that Biff is going to sail to re-election. Neither one is enthusiastic about the prospect, just realistic.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Dukasaur wrote:There's only two men whose opinions on American politics I trust -- Penn Jillette and Bill Maher -- and they've both said that Biff is going to sail to re-election.

Oh Jesus
Major Neoteny

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:
Neoteny wrote:

And yet, Biff's approval rating goes up and up. Every new scandal just rolls off his back. He's discovered that the public, its collective brain rotted from 50 years of watching Three's Company and Friends, no longer has the attention span for even a three-paragraph analysis of the facts. He who controls the soundbite controls public discourse, and Biff is the master trademark-maker. Marco Rubio will forever be Little Marco Rubio, and not one person in a hundred can tell you what policies he represents.

There's only two men whose opinions on American politics I trust -- Penn Jillette and Bill Maher -- and they've both said that Biff is going to sail to re-election. Neither one is enthusiastic about the prospect, just realistic.

I agree with you about Penn Jillette... he's a pimp... and used to feel the same about Bill Maher (though he is starting to become a little less rational as the years go by). But yeah, honestly at this point... If Mueller implicated trump red handedly, i think Trumps had plenty of time re-frame the debate in the media to the point where his supporters would believe it's some left wing hatchet job and would double down on voting for his re-election. About the only thing that could derail a re-election (when I put my opinions aside and look at it analytically) is another huge economy bubble popping. If something earth shattering happened to derail the US economy that's about the only way i see anyone having a shot against comrade trumpf (which there is no sign of at this point)

Ever tried reading this guy Duku? - http://blog.dilbert.com/2018/02/21/news-reported-facts/, I brought him up a few times a couple years ago, because he predicted Trump election win really early on. He certainly has an axe to grind and I wouldn't necessarily say I agree with his opinions politically, but he gives good insight into the "why" of the crazy shit trump does. (He's a little hung up on persuasion as a subject)
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby patches70 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Y'll should take CCBern's predictions with a sea of salt. Let's see, first he said Bernie Sanders would win the primary. Wrong, everyone but him knew the fix was already in.
Then he said Hilary would whoop Trump in a landslide. Wrong, he couldn't admit how bad Hilary really was as a candidate and he's in such a bubble that he can't see what regular people are thinking and how pissed of they are at SJW's, the PC police and all the virtue signalling pukes trying to make everyone think the way they think. People voted for Trump just to raise a big middle finger to the over reaching progressive patsy.
Then he said Trump would be driven out of office in the first six months. Bern was wrong again.
Then he said Trump wouldn't finish out the year. Here we are, past Trump's first year and he's supposedly accomplished some 60% of his agenda according to some article I happened to glance at. His approval ratings have basically crushed Obama's at the same point in his Presidency. But whatever.

Bern continues to blare about Russian collusion when even the media at in general has given up on that because there is no collusion between Trump and Russia. But Bern has to hold on to his fantasy. Whatever makes him happy I guess.

Now he thinks old what's his name is going to indict Trump. Har! At this point, Bern, you really gotta face reality.

As to wondering what it's going to take to keep Trump from getting reelected, there is only really one thing.
War.
The American people don't want it. We don't wanna fight a war against Russia, not over the Ukraine or Syria. We don't want to get stuck in a quagmire of a war in Syria. We don't want to get in a war with Iran, because it's all pointless. We are sick of Iraq, we are sick of Afghanistan, we don't believe in "bringing democracy" to Afghanistan, to a tribal culture with an 80% illiteracy rate. We know, or are wise enough to know, that you can't bring democracy by the point of a bayonet.

Trump ran on a platform of getting us out of and keeping us out of pointless wars. If he caves to the neocons, the war hawks, the morons who think it's our job to "save" the Syrian people, or the Iranian people, or whatever people's, then you'll finally see Trump's core support evaporate.

So, if you wanna see Trump gone, then pray for a flirtatious dance with nuclear war, quagmires and other overseas misadventures that only serve to cost lives and further undermine not only our own liberty while we expend more blood and treasure in places that most Americans can't even find on a map.

So, Bern, keep the faith brother! Keep those expectations high and forget the old saying-
Expectations are nothing more than planned disappointments.

Expect to be disappointed...because you fuckers are in a no win situation. The real problem is that some of you are just crazy enough that you'd be willing to get embroiled in a WW that will destroy pretty much everything just to get Trump out of office.

That takes a special kinda stupid.
Private patches70

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:09 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Ever tried reading this guy Duku? - http://blog.dilbert.com/2018/02/21/news-reported-facts/, I brought him up a few times a couple years ago, because he predicted Trump election win really early on. He certainly has an axe to grind and I wouldn't necessarily say I agree with his opinions politically, but he gives good insight into the "why" of the crazy shit trump does. (He's a little hung up on persuasion as a subject)

Yup, I've read him from time to time. Agree with your assessment. His partisanship is mildly annoying, but overall he's very insightful.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:57 am

------I am from the shit hole...former murder capital of the world...the place the media and the rest of America never talks about...Detroit...
------Our problem wasn't rifles...It was handguns...
------Lots of kids would be gunned down on school grounds...One at a time though...No big deal right America :!: ...Never made the news :roll: ...I wonder why ;)
------From the mid 80's to the mid 90's it was the old west in Detroit schools...
------What did Detroit schools do?
---Cry like babies over gun control?...NO :!:
---Attack the NRA...the 2nd amd.?...NO :!:
------Problem...guns in schools...Answer...Metal Detectors =D> =D> =D> ...Ever since Detroit put metal detectors in schools...The Detroit school ,gun problem has gone away...
------You know ,like every place else that uses detectors...When is the last time there was a shooting at a pro-sporting event?...zero...
------Don't travel to Washington D.C. for answers ,cry baby America...
------Just look to your shit hole your have forgotten about...America...LOOK TO.....DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!!! O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Last edited by ConfederateSS on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,