Conquer Club

College and Debt

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: College and Debt

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:51 am

jusplay4fun wrote:what is not true?

I put out lots of facts and you give a vague reference, to what? I have NO idea.

I guess I should have said MOST COLLEGES THAT have a Division I football program. I do not know what is done at Division III (3) or even Division II (2) college with their athletic funds.

In Big-TIme College Finance, $77K is small change.

What's vague about it? That you're incapable of looking at any of the three links I posted containing said facts that MOST colleges are losing money from sports alone? I even bolded a section for an allocation, where it specifically says "Student Fees."

I'm not responsible for your inability to read.

Again, That last link where it states "NCAA Finances" lists all of 230 schools, it gives you a f*ck ton of information to go off of. Ticket sales, contributions, STUDENT FEES, what more could you ask for?! Do you want me to spoon feed it to you too?

jusplay4fun wrote:Most of my attention is focused on BIG Colleges. You do not define small schools. DIvision 2 or 3, or NOT Power 5 conference schools? what are you trying to discuss?

How about colleges in general? College and debt is pretty broad, I would think that means all of the colleges in the U.S. but I guess folks like yourself just take it upon your self to focus on a very narrow approach. Not everyone wants to attend a Division I school, like myself for example. I'm just at a loss how you're completely lost in the sauce.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby KoolBak on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:52 am

I can envision a nice cocktail party attended by the frequenters of this forum. How long til it deteriorated into a good old wild west barfight? Damn that'd be a blast....especially watching Bernie in his wheelchair repeatedly run over MrSwlk :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:34 am

KoolBak wrote:I can envision a nice cocktail party attended by the frequenters of this forum. How long til it deteriorated into a good old wild west barfight? Damn that'd be a blast....especially watching Bernie in his wheelchair repeatedly run over MrSwlk :lol:

If I was wheelchair bound, it would be powered by a 1000cc gas powered engine! This way you could not outrun me Koolbak....
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby KoolBak on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 am

Nice.....prolly couldnt outrun you in a hand powered one :lol:

(i.e., I might spill my drink....)

AND:

Postby 2dimes on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:24 am

One of the exs would take that hot rod away from poor Pseudo Burn as soon as their attorneys found out about it.

Just stay beyond fecal tossing range and you'll be good.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:03 pm

I already read ALL your three links (on your first post). The first focused on two Ohio schools, the second on U of Ark., and the third had data on DIVISION 1 colleges. SO much for your TON of Data. Read what you post before criticizes others. You are the myopic one, DDS.

and clean the dish with clean soap; and get out of the pig sty, while you're at it.

JP

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:what is not true?

I put out lots of facts and you give a vague reference, to what? I have NO idea.

I guess I should have said MOST COLLEGES THAT have a Division I football program. I do not know what is done at Division III (3) or even Division II (2) college with their athletic funds.

In Big-TIme College Finance, $77K is small change.

What's vague about it? That you're incapable of looking at any of the three links I posted containing said facts that MOST colleges are losing money from sports alone? I even bolded a section for an allocation, where it specifically says "Student Fees."

I'm not responsible for your inability to read.

Again, That last link where it states "NCAA Finances" lists all of 230 schools, it gives you a f*ck ton of information to go off of. Ticket sales, contributions, STUDENT FEES, what more could you ask for?! Do you want me to spoon feed it to you too?

jusplay4fun wrote:Most of my attention is focused on BIG Colleges. You do not define small schools. DIvision 2 or 3, or NOT Power 5 conference schools? what are you trying to discuss?

How about colleges in general? College and debt is pretty broad, I would think that means all of the colleges in the U.S. but I guess folks like yourself just take it upon your self to focus on a very narrow approach. Not everyone wants to attend a Division I school, like myself for example. I'm just at a loss how you're completely lost in the sauce.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby tzor on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 pm

KoolBak wrote:I can envision a nice cocktail party attended by the frequenters of this forum.

If we have a large enough cocktail party I guarantee there would be shots. And not those Jello shots, I mean the real thing ... Tequila!

Then again, I'm the last of the RPI Knurds ... why is the world Knurd spelled with a "K?" Because backwards it is "Drunk."

That pretty much described the lifestyle in R.P.I. before the drinking age hit 21, you were either cramming for an exam or partying.
Cadet tzor

Postby Neoteny on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:54 pm

I would need a lot of alcohol to be in a room with any of you.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:26 pm

Don't worry, we won't invite you.

Postby Neoteny on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Irrelevant. I'm DoomYoshi's +1.
Major Neoteny

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Sorry, but DoomYoshi was scratched off the list too.

Fukn window lickers!

Postby Neoteny on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Haha I got DY thrown out of a made up nerd party
Major Neoteny

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:17 pm

's cool
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby tzor on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Neoteny wrote:Haha I got DY thrown out of a made up nerd party

No problem, I'm inviting him to mine and we have TOP SHELF BOOZE!
Cadet tzor

Postby KoolBak on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:32 am

So I heard this on the radio this morning....College Basketball coach at Duke's annual salary 8 MILLION...buncha others 5-7 million....WT actual F???

It's a problem.

AND:

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:28 am

I think the information (below) is in agreement with most of what has been said on this topic.

JP

Most NCAA Division I athletic departments take subsidies

Steve Berkowitz, Jodi Upton and Erik Brady, USA TODAY Sports Published 10:15 p.m. ET May 7, 2013 | Updated 12:48 p.m. ET July 1, 2013

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/05/07/ncaa-finances-subsidies/2142443/

At a time of tight budgets throughout higher education, even the nation's few financially self-sufficient major-college athletics departments are continuing to receive subsidies in the form of student fees, school or state support, a USA TODAY Sports analysis finds.

Just 23 of 228 athletics departments at NCAA Division I public schools generated enough money on their own to cover their expenses in 2012. Of that group, 16 also received some type of subsidy — and 10 of those 16 athletics departments received more subsidy money in 2012 than they did in 2011.

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:16 am

Another article:

College athletics finance report: Non-Power 5 schools face huge money pressure

Erik Brady,Steve Berkowitz and Christopher Schnaars, USA TODAY Published 4:17 p.m. ET May 26, 2015 | Updated 7:49 p.m. ET May 26, 2015

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2015/05/26/ncaa-athletic-finances-revenue-expense-division-i/27971457/

The rich are different from you and me, F. Scott Fitzgerald once observed, to which Ernest Hemingway famously added: Yes, they have more money.

The so-called Power Five conferences are different from the American Athletic and Mountain West conferences. They have lots more money.

Wood Selig knows all about that. He is athletics director at Old Dominion University, a member of Conference USA. His school, which resumed playing football in 2009 and moved up to the Football Bowl Subdivision in 2013, makes an interesting case study in haves and have-nots. Virginia recently passed a state law that will limit the amount of subsidy that schools can take from student fees and other university sources to fund athletics departments — in ODU's case, no more than 55%.

That puts Old Dominion in a double-bind: Trying to increase its football profile while trying to decrease its dependence on a primary source of revenue. Others in the AAC, Mountain West and C-USA face different challenges, but similar pressures: They are schools in lesser leagues with designs on keeping up with Power Five programs, but typically without the means to underwrite their dreams.

{......ODU is #64 in this list, linked in the article, same as on original post in this thread……JP...}

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm

The 20 Colleges That Make The Most Money On Sports

http://www.businessinsider.com/texas-revenue-college-sports-2014-9

Despite recent struggles on the football field and the basketball court, the University of Texas remains the biggest money-maker in college sports.

In 2013, the Texas Longhorns athletic department generated $165.7 million in revenue, according to data collected by USA Today. Texas is one of only 13 schools with at least $100 million in athletics revenue.

It is difficult to find sports budget info on small colleges (Division III or even Division II) in the NCAA.

JP
Last edited by jusplay4fun on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby karel on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:55 pm

just so sad to pay all that money to go to a liberal collage,lame..waste of money
Corporal karel

Postby riskllama on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:32 pm

karel wrote:just so sad to pay all that money to go to a liberal collage,lame..waste of money

:lol: ...perhaps you'll feel better if you squeezed off a few rounds @ the gnu range, karel... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby karel on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:34 pm

riskllama wrote:
karel wrote:just so sad to pay all that money to go to a liberal collage,lame..waste of money

:lol: ...perhaps you'll feel better if you squeezed off a few rounds @ the gnu range, karel... ;)

id prolly feels lots better shooting my american made gun
Corporal karel

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:54 pm

You may prefer to go to the odl range, not the NEW (GNU) range, Llama.....LLO....

JP

I will work on a better joke....FIRST attempt on that one.... :D :lol:

riskllama wrote:

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Yeah, those horrid liberal colleges where they teach good boys from Montana that there's more to life than stripping down pickup trucks.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am

riskllama wrote:

Clearly we need more gnu control, in fact, not just gnus, but all ungulates should be banned, before they hurt anymore children.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 am

All gnus shouldbe CONFISCATED, not jus BANNED. :D :lol:

I don't care about the right to bear GNUS.....LoL

JP

Thorthoth wrote:
riskllama wrote:

Clearly we need more gnu control, in fact, not just gnus, but all ungulates should be banned, before they hurt anymore children.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,