Conquer Club

The world must act now

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The world must act now

Postby mrswdk on Fri May 11, 2018 4:03 am

'Please help me, I'm busting to poop'. Good mental image, I give that story 7/10.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 17, 2018 7:36 am

I'm bringing this here just in case it's related.

https://www.straight.com/news/1076796/w ... mud-monkey

I was initially disgusted and hoped the authorities came down hard on her, because that's terrorism... but if they wouldn't let her in the toilet maybe she's not the hero we want but the hero we need.

I bolded, underlined and enlarged the important bit.

Dukasaur wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Also I'm trying to upload the video of the girl throwing poo at Tim Hortons but as we speak YouTube is taking all of those videos done. Which is ridiculous because it is neither graphic nor violent.

https://news.google.com/gn/news/video/deofwLXu_VM/dZmPJVlN7bYuRxMiOHp1Mh7fQvURM?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ned=ca

Some of the perspectives are hilarious.

CTV News:
... a spokesperson for Tim Hortons said it appears an employee had refused to let the woman into the restaurant's locked restroom.

"Our current understanding is that the (employee) used their discretion in this case and denied access … based on past behaviour," the spokesperson told CTV News in an email.

The worker was worried that letting her in could impact "the immediate safety" of customers and other employees, the spokesperson said, though the concerns were not specified.

And best of all is the BC Federation of Labour, which tries to make this the company's fault:
She adds the onus falls on employers to ensure their workers are safe and that they conduct “risk assessments” so those who work for them know how to handle a similar situation or how to de-escalate it.

“Employers are required to do a risk assessment and to train their employees. In particular to train their employees if they’re going to deal with people who have mental health issues, who have special needs, or deal with people who are angry for one reason or another. It’s a very concerning episode.”

So, what exactly is a risk assessment?

“You have to do a risk assessment around an irate customer. That irate customer could cause you harm and other types of violence could occur in a restaurant or other work locations. This is all part of how you train employees to deal with situations that they might face.”

Lanzinger adds employers need to also put in every measure they can to protect employees from situations that could be described as “unhealthy” and “unsafe” for them.

What you may be wondering is how do you train an employee to be prepared to have feces whipped at them.

“[That’s] a very good question. There are things that happen that are difficult to know what should’ve been done. To de-escalate an irate customer, whether that was possible, I don’t know this particular case,” says Lanzinger. “Employees need to be trained on how to deal with customers that are irate, that may cause them some harm and I don’t know if that was done in this case, but these situations do occur and employers need to figure out a way to keep their employees healthy and safe in all of these situations.”

The Federation of Labour says other issues they see are people using “pee-bombs” and needles when they’re angry.

Seems worse than just loitering. She did get arrested though so there's that.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby nietzsche on Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 pm

so sad to read about these stories.

i guess i'll never know what it feels to be denied restrooms because i look so respectable and royal they probably think i'll buy the whole store afterwards. even if they think i wasn't going to buy anything because the store's merchandise is below me, they assume i'm the kind of person that can't be denied anything.

@tgd, you probably arrived at starbucks and got out your mac book pro retina iris collagen 17" out and started typing. that's cheating.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Thu May 17, 2018 1:01 pm

2dimes wrote:I'm bringing this here just in case it's related.

https://www.straight.com/news/1076796/w ... mud-monkey

I was initially disgusted and hoped the authorities came down hard on her, because that's terrorism... but if they wouldn't let her in the toilet maybe she's not the hero we want but the hero we need.

I bolded, underlined and enlarged the important bit.

Dukasaur wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Also I'm trying to upload the video of the girl throwing poo at Tim Hortons but as we speak YouTube is taking all of those videos done. Which is ridiculous because it is neither graphic nor violent.

https://news.google.com/gn/news/video/deofwLXu_VM/dZmPJVlN7bYuRxMiOHp1Mh7fQvURM?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ned=ca

Some of the perspectives are hilarious.

CTV News:
... a spokesperson for Tim Hortons said it appears an employee had refused to let the woman into the restaurant's locked restroom.

"Our current understanding is that the (employee) used their discretion in this case and denied access … based on past behaviour," the spokesperson told CTV News in an email.

The worker was worried that letting her in could impact "the immediate safety" of customers and other employees, the spokesperson said, though the concerns were not specified.

And best of all is the BC Federation of Labour, which tries to make this the company's fault:
She adds the onus falls on employers to ensure their workers are safe and that they conduct “risk assessments” so those who work for them know how to handle a similar situation or how to de-escalate it.

“Employers are required to do a risk assessment and to train their employees. In particular to train their employees if they’re going to deal with people who have mental health issues, who have special needs, or deal with people who are angry for one reason or another. It’s a very concerning episode.”

So, what exactly is a risk assessment?

“You have to do a risk assessment around an irate customer. That irate customer could cause you harm and other types of violence could occur in a restaurant or other work locations. This is all part of how you train employees to deal with situations that they might face.”

Lanzinger adds employers need to also put in every measure they can to protect employees from situations that could be described as “unhealthy” and “unsafe” for them.

What you may be wondering is how do you train an employee to be prepared to have feces whipped at them.

“[That’s] a very good question. There are things that happen that are difficult to know what should’ve been done. To de-escalate an irate customer, whether that was possible, I don’t know this particular case,” says Lanzinger. “Employees need to be trained on how to deal with customers that are irate, that may cause them some harm and I don’t know if that was done in this case, but these situations do occur and employers need to figure out a way to keep their employees healthy and safe in all of these situations.”

The Federation of Labour says other issues they see are people using “pee-bombs” and needles when they’re angry.

Seems worse than just loitering. She did get arrested though so there's that.

so there's an idiot, and it's the fault of everybody else but the idiot.

we should just laugh at the video and let the woman pay the price of her actions. and the employees must understand that shit happens.

only thing left to happen is the employees suing tim hortons and tim horton settling for a million dollars. the stupidity has to stop at one point.
General nietzsche

Postby riskllama on Thu May 17, 2018 1:02 pm

i actually found it rather amusing, tbh. whilst i do feel bad for the dude behind the counter making minimum wage, you kinda have to admire the woman for doing what she did. maybe not the throwing part, but definitely the "f*ck you, i'm gonna take a shit right here in front of all these people instead of using the rest room" part.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby nietzsche on Thu May 17, 2018 1:08 pm

riskllama wrote:i actually found it rather amusing, tbh. whilst i do feel bad for the dude behind the counter making minimum wage, you kinda have to admire the woman for doing what she did. maybe not the throwing part, but definitely the "f*ck you, i'm gonna take a shit right here in front of all these people instead of using the rest room" part.

admire? why?

she's not the fucking owner of the place, why does a business have to make a bathroom for maybe overpriced 20,000 dls, then hear complaints from the employees saying they're not making enough to clean shit smeared on the walls. if you're a customer yeah, i provide the service of bathroom. if you just decided you want to poop here today, i'm not forced to allow you to use my bathroom if i don't feel like it.

where's the common sense? a normal person would've just bought a cup of coffee, the cheapest. if they don't have any money on them, well they could've talked the employee into letting them use the bathroom, and making a purchase the next day. if none of that was possible then do it in the parking lot. shit happens.
General nietzsche

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 pm

For most of the last century in Canada any gas station or food serving type of establishment would have had a readily assessable public washroom. It was definately expected. Typically a Men's room with one or more stalls where you could lock yourself in with a toilet. Some urinals and some sinks. Presumably the Ladies room had more stalls and no urinals. As I wrote a page ago, here it was law at one time. I don't know what level of government the law was at. I believe it is possible the city by-law was loosened up to allow for food trucks.

Now it depends on the place and somewhat location.

Most people in Canada don't go in the parking lot like canines. Obviously this rule loosens up after a few adult beverages and/or sunset. Even then it's more likely just urine. Over against the fence.

I do not admire her but, I understand, further more, if they let her use their public washroom they would not have had to duck and cover. Obviously watching the video I laughed while being disgusted, even my wife laughed.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby nietzsche on Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 pm

i understand all you're saying, in a perfect world there should be a many bathrooms available for you for free at convenient distances. with an app on your phone able to locate them and rated according to space, colors, smell, etc.

but if you have to go and you don't have a bathroom available, and your options are:

A) poop in front of a tim hortons counter and throw the poop at employees.
B) poop in your pants
C) poop in the parking lot and pick it up with a bag or something..

what would you do?
General nietzsche

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 17, 2018 2:39 pm

I don't know, but I have barely made it to a gas station or even home a few times. I hope that never happens again.

In that perfect world people would do their best to keep all toilets tidy for the next person. Like you write bad things happen and they should not when a business owner provides a place for people to use.

I can't even believe it when you enter a stall and someone has not flushed never mind worse. If I can step on the handle with my foot, then flee while it flushes I will. Then survey the area to see if it's safe or if I have to move on in life.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Neoteny on Thu May 17, 2018 3:04 pm

I have opinions.

1) this is funny.
2) that lady is a little crazy
3) as someone who has worked too many service positions in both minimum wage and managerial capacities, you need to know how to pick your battles. If your initial refusal to let someone use your bathroom because of a shithead policy by your Gadsden flag-ass manager or company seems to be escalating, just let the lady use the bathroom. It's not worth the stress of even an argument, much less having actual shit thrown at you. Same goes for people stealing or whatever. I guarantee that kid was not paid enough to have that argument or have shit flung at him.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby The ram on Fri May 18, 2018 1:08 am

mrswdk wrote:
The ram wrote:In Britain pubs, restaurants etc must let you use their toilets as there's no public toilets anymore

I mean that's not true, but sure.

@mrswkd no answer? I thought you were concerned about the welfare of black people?

You mean to this question?

The stats you gave were for February. What about March, April and the start of May? Yeah I'm sure you're right it's just going to drop again. Excellent input!

The stats I gave were for the number of stop and searches conducted. Is that what you are asking about here - murders or stop and searches? What even is your point? You're not being very clear.

I totally agree with you. Trying to engage in reasonable recourse with a mentally challenged dull cunt is not clever.
Cadet The ram

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,