Conquer Club

Star Wars Battlefront II

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 am

Does anyone else play this game? I have a few thoughts, in no particular order, but like to get others' views.

(1) I absolutely love the game. I can't get enough. The caveat is that I don't play a lot of shooters. I like it more than Battlefield 1 (the last one I played) but that could be because it's Star Wars.

(2) Anyone have a favorite class or is it dependent upon maps? My best class is the heavy, but I really enjoy officer the best.

(3) Anyone have a favorite map? I love Khachirho beach. I hate Death Star II (seems so random).

(4) I didn't mind the microtransactions but apparently that was the big thing. I'm also not overly concerned about the general lack of new maps, etc. Perhaps this is because I don't play the game as much as others, but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby mrswdk on Thu May 17, 2018 10:52 am

I remember playing the first one and liked the campaign mode you could play against another human player. I can't remember anything about it though, apart from shooting.

Isn't Battlefront II the one that basically melted the internet with memes about EA is evil? Not that I play anything other than Civ IV but the idea of basically releasing half the game and then billing people to unlock characters, maps etc. that were already designed at the time the game was released is BS.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 pm

mrswdk wrote:I remember playing the first one and liked the campaign mode you could play against another human player. I can't remember anything about it though, apart from shooting.

Isn't Battlefront II the one that basically melted the internet with memes about EA is evil? Not that I play anything other than Civ IV but the idea of basically releasing half the game and then billing people to unlock characters, maps etc. that were already designed at the time the game was released is BS.

Yes, that's the one. It's billing people to unlock things if those people decide not to grind through the game. Basically you can either earn "credits" to buy things by playing the game or buy "credits" with real money to buy things.

Postby mrswdk on Thu May 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Yeah that's ridiculous. Like cooking a burger and fries, asking someone for $10 for burger and fries, and then giving them the bun, pickles and some of the fries and telling them they'll have to buy the rest of the ingredients separately if they want to eat them. Like Tigger please, gimme the fricking burger I paid for.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 17, 2018 7:36 pm

mrswdk wrote:Yeah that's ridiculous. Like cooking a burger and fries, asking someone for $10 for burger and fries, and then giving them the bun, pickles and some of the fries and telling them they'll have to buy the rest of the ingredients separately if they want to eat them. Like Tigger please, gimme the fricking burger I paid for.

No, it's like giving someone the burger and fries and saying you have to work to get the pickles, etc.

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,