Conquer Club

favorite beers?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: favorite beers?

Postby KoolBak on Tue May 22, 2018 10:47 am

So it sounds like the pils simply can use slightly more boiling hops. Interesting.

Found this chart. Shows pils 25-45 bitterness and blonde lager 15-28 or so. Apparently some overlap so it's subjective in that range. Huh.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/2009/01/24/beer-styles-ibu-chart-graph-bitterness-range/
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Donelladan on Wed May 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Dukausaur wrote:Any decent-quality Pilsener is fine with me. Here in Canada I mostly drink Moosehead, as the best compromise between price and quality. Others I buy when I can afford to splurge are Heineken, Warsteiner and Grolsch. Steam Whistle Pilsener is also not horrible.

Those beers are expensive for you ? Never imagined to hear that a pils, or worse an heineken, could be expensive.
Heineken is one of the cheapest beer around here, and basically no one drinks it where I come from.

I love ale. Belgian beer ale are the best, trappist if you can. Try a Kwak or a Triple Karmeliet and I'll be damned if you ever go back drinking Pils.
Chimay blue, Trappist Rochefort, Chouffe are among my favorite.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby BabySasuke on Wed May 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Donelladan wrote:
Dukausaur wrote:Any decent-quality Pilsener is fine with me. Here in Canada I mostly drink Moosehead, as the best compromise between price and quality. Others I buy when I can afford to splurge are Heineken, Warsteiner and Grolsch. Steam Whistle Pilsener is also not horrible.

Those beers are expensive for you ? Never imagined to hear that a pils, or worse an heineken, could be expensive.
Heineken is one of the cheapest beer around here, and basically no one drinks it where I come from.

I love ale. Belgian beer ale are the best, trappist if you can. Try a Kwak or a Triple Karmeliet and I'll be damned if you ever go back drinking Pils.

how much would molson canadian be for you tho lol, but yeah honestly canada (specifically ontario) has some of the highest alcohol taxes in the world. i believe we even just hiked it again to 53% or 57% tax on product lmao
Major BabySasuke

Postby Dukasaur on Thu May 24, 2018 3:51 am

MyNameIsJack wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

how much would molson canadian be for you tho lol, but yeah honestly canada (specifically ontario) has some of the highest alcohol taxes in the world. i believe we even just hiked it again to 53% or 57% tax on product lmao

Our prices are high, but not near the highest in the world.

Look at world prices for a 6-pack of Heineken. Canada is above average, but not in the top quintile.
http://www.globalbrandprices.com/Canada/Heineken/

It's even more glaring if you look at a bottle of Johnny Walker:
http://www.globalbrandprices.com/Canada/Johnnie_Walker/
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby The ram on Thu May 24, 2018 4:17 am

Dukasaur wrote:
MyNameIsJack wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

Our prices are high, but not near the highest in the world.

Look at world prices for a 6-pack of Heineken. Canada is above average, but not in the top quintile.
http://www.globalbrandprices.com/Canada/Heineken/

It's even more glaring if you look at a bottle of Johnny Walker:
http://www.globalbrandprices.com/Canada/Johnnie_Walker/

Unless you drink Heineken in Holland then you ain't drank Heineken. I had a session on Heineken in England a few years ago. Next morning I wanted to die, must be full of chemicals. Never touched it since. Dommelsche is a much better tasting Dutch lager and not so severe on the bonce the next morning. Nowadays I stick to the top shelf, gotta watch the expanding waistline.
Cadet The ram

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 24, 2018 8:19 am

I have always disliked Heineken. I spent a couple of months in the Netherlands and thought it would taste better... it did not.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 24, 2018 10:08 am

thegreekdog wrote:I have always disliked Heineken. I spent a couple of months in the Netherlands and thought it would taste better... it did not.

I have always been neutral towards it. It's not me first choice but it's far from last too.

My buddy loved it and when I said it's usually skunky he replied, "That's part of what I like about it. When I smell skunk I think of Heineken."

My standby beers are getting old, I checked yesterday to make sure none of them are in bottles.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby waauw on Thu May 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Donelladan wrote:

It's not often I see a foreigner who knows his belgian beers so well, I'll raise a glass to you.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Donelladan on Thu May 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Well, I am from Lille ;) ( or Rijsel if you prefer )
Colonel Donelladan

Postby DaGip on Thu May 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Beer at the moment:

Cider at the moment:

and even though you never mentioned wine, here is my all time favorite...drink it almost every fucking day!

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby BabySasuke on Thu May 24, 2018 4:43 pm

i like everybodys selections, now for a clutch question, tins or bottles?!
Major BabySasuke

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 24, 2018 5:29 pm

MyNameIsJack wrote:i like everybodys selections, now for a clutch question, tins or bottles?!

Bottles. Cans are only for shotgunning.

Postby BabySasuke on Thu May 24, 2018 5:39 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
MyNameIsJack wrote:i like everybodys selections, now for a clutch question, tins or bottles?!

i hate storing bottles to return lol so always opt for tall cans, plus i feel better about bringing cans around with me, oppsed to bottles
Major BabySasuke

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 24, 2018 5:49 pm

MyNameIsJack wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

i hate storing bottles to return lol so always opt for tall cans, plus i feel better about bringing cans around with me, oppsed to bottles

Yes, I suppose it depends on the drinking location:

- Bar/pub - draft/draught
- Home - bottles
- Sporting event - cans

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Depends on the beer too. Guinness and some others are much better from a can with the floating widget. When you open the can the co2 gets infused into the beer. Seems much more like draught.

Most Lager types or Newcastle Brown is definately more delicious from a bottle.

If it's a can I like to put it in a glass first then drink it.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BabySasuke on Thu May 24, 2018 7:12 pm

2dimes wrote:Depends on the beer too. Guinness and some others are much better from a can with the floating widget. When you open the can the co2 gets infused into the beer. Seems much more like draught.

Most Lager types or Newcastle Brown is definately more delicious from a bottle.

If it's a can I like to put it in a glass first then drink it.

newcastle brown! right on, repping where i was born! lol to bad im not a fan of the brew! and i like most darker ales, kilkenny,john smiths, richards red, and so on
Major BabySasuke

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 24, 2018 9:08 pm

Yeah, taste is funny. I don't like red ale for some reason.
Corporal 2dimes

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,