I've wanted to do something lovefest-y for quite a while, and we're due for a name change for Off-Topics again, so we're giving the right to rename the forum to the nicest person here. It's a super-simple contest: Be nice to other members. Compliment them. When you do, post a link here. The person who gives the most compliments this week (minimum 22) will win a shiny GA medal, 500 credits, and the right to choose the next name for this forum.
- This contest will only run for one week. Give or take a few hours. Saturday morning June 9 to Saturday morning June 16th, approximately.
- You must give compliments to people that are actually active on the site. Praising wicked is fine and dandy, but it won't score a point.
- You must give compliments to people in places where they will actually see them (in games that they're currently playing, or in forums that they have recently posted in.) No score for compliments posted in weird places where their target is unlikely to look.
- Whenever you compliment someone, post a link here in this thread. I prefer if you keep all your links in one post. However, I won't actually penalize people who make multiple posts.
- If the compliment is in a forum, post the forum link.
- If it's in a game, post a Game link.
- If it's in chat, you need to take a screen shot, host it somewhere, and post the link here. Make sure the link works. I'm not chasing people for bad links.
- I suppose I'd better spell out that it needs to be 22 different compliments to 22 different people. Targetting the same person over and over won't score any points. It might even get you cited for spamming.
- Compliments must be genuine. Sarcasm will not earn a point. Of course, sarcasm that's mild enough to be undetectable might pass undetected. (Damn, my logic is magnificent!) Needless to say, if you have nasty stuff to say in the same general post, you will lose the point.
- If you nobody gets to 22, I may still award the win to the player who has the most, but I will reduce the prize payout. 22 is an easy target, I expect anyone who's actually trying can get past that number.
Remember, a GA medal, 500 credits, and above all, the right to name this forum* is on the line!
*(Chosen name must fall within the guidelines. Nothing dirty, sleazy, illegal, or insulting.)
Oh yeah, one final note: Nietzsche gets a special bonus point for this gem: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=227823#p5040112