Conquer Club

Kids in Cages- border separation thread

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Worst excuse for border separations

It's not happening (Kirstjen Nielsen)
No votes
It's the Democrats' fault (Donald Trump)
40%
It's how the Apostle Paul would do it (Jeff Sessions)
5%
It's Biblical (Sarah Huckabee Sanders)
5%
It's a deterrence (John Kelly)
10%
They're not cages, they're chain link walls (Steve Doocy)
No votes
It's like Summer Camp (Laura Ingraham)
15%
Other (please state)
10%
Kittens (are cute)
15%

Total votes : 20

Kids in Cages- border separation thread

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:28 pm

What a massive mess this whole thing is. Nothing can even remotely justify it. Hasn't stopped some on the right from trying.

Last edited by Symmetry on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Kids in Cages- border separation thread

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Why can we only select one option?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:00 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Why can we only select one option?

How many would you like? I'll up it to 3.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:06 pm

If you leave your kids in the car on a hot day in Texas expect to be arrested. Child endangerment.

If you dangle your kids off the side of a 50 story building expect to be arrested. Child endangerment.

If you take your kids around the boarder wall with the paid help of a smuggler (instead of surrendering at a crossing) walking for 5 to 7 days in the blistering hot rattlesnake filled Texas desert with 2 gallon of water expect to be charged with child abuse and child endangerment. At least you should be.
Last edited by HitRed on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:21 pm

HitRed wrote:I'm cool with it. This is all knee jerk reactions. Don't get caught up in the hype.

Example.

If I left my kids in the car on a hot day in Texas I would be arrested. FACT.

If I took my kids around the boarder wall with the paid help of a smuggler (instead of surrendering at a crossing) for 5 to 7 days in the blistering hot rattlesnake filled Texas desert without much water I expect to be charged with child abuse and locked up.

I'd file child endangerment charges against the parents.

I saw you posted the same thing in another thread and got shot down immediately by Dukasaur. Kudos for sticking with it and trying again, I guess.

Seeing as asylum seekers are being turned away from ports of entry, and that they're fleeing horrific violence, they're obviously taking a risk to give their kids a better life. Criminalising the parents for seeking asylum, and then punishing the kids seems like just plain cruelty, HR.

Maybe you should read some of their stories:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/guatemalan-asylum-seeker-sues-trump-administration-because-it-still-wont-tell-her-where-her-son-is-days-after-her-release.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/563084/us-border-asylum/

It's up to you. Maybe it will change your mind, maybe you'll post the same thing again in another thread.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:27 pm

If they have a valid reason to believe their life is in danger they can surrender at a point of entry.

Your getting caught up in the stories and not looking at the facts. WHO is endangering the children??? Clearly the parents.
Last edited by HitRed on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:30 pm

HitRed wrote:If they have a valid reason to believe their life is in danger the can surrender at a point of entry.

They are being turned away, HR. You are being stubborn about this in the face of facts. Feel free to watch the video in the second link at any point, but don't use that as an excuse again, please.

A few more links for you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/at-the-us-border-asylum-seekers-fleeing-violence-are-told-to-come-back-later/2018/06/12/79a12718-6e4d-11e8-afd5-778aca903bbe_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.bbab081c1883

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/immigration/2018/06/18/sessions-asylum-seekers-go-border-ports-but-its-not-easy/710796002/

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/16/immigration-border-asylum-central-america/
Last edited by Symmetry on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 pm

HitRed wrote:If they have a valid reason to believe their life is in danger the can surrender at a point of entry.

Your getting caught up in the stories and not looking at the facts. WHO is endangering the children??? Clearly the parents.

Hey, you sound like an echo chamber of the Trump administration.

Picture the outrage of Americans, if another country tried yanking a nice white American infant from it's mother for a misdemeanor.

The anti government rightwing nutcases are now pro government yanking children from their parents.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby HitRed on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Put the onus where it belongs. There is a line however long and a proper way to enter the country.

This isn't about the kids a all. It's just another way to attack Trump. The kids are feed, sheltered, get phone calls each day from parents and within 14 days (BY LAW) have to leave. It might be the saftest 14 days of there young life. But the story people want is...Trump is a bastard.

If Trump walked an old lady across the street the newspaper would read, "Trump causes traffic jam."

I'm not blinded by who is risking the lives of the children.
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:46 pm

HitRed wrote:You put the onus where it belongs. There is a line however long and a proper way to enter the country.

You see this isn't about the kids a all. It's just another way to attack Trump. The kids are feed, sheltered, and within 14 days (BY LAW) have to leave. It might be the saftest 14 days of there young life. But the story is Trump is a bastard and that is the mantra.

President Truman kept a sign on his desk that said "The buck stops here". Stop weaselling around HR.

There's no justification for snatching a baby from its mother's breast:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/opinion/children-parents-asylum-immigration.html
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:49 pm

In Europe are you allowed to take children with you to jail when your arrested?

Can you bring your neighbors and friends to?

So you get to deiced if your kids are incarcerated?

If you have all that power just tell the cops your not going and see what they do.

I have to go. Again look past the emotional and look at the facts. Italy is dealing with the same issues.
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:03 pm

HitRed wrote:I have to go. Again look past the emotional and look at the facts. Italy is dealing with the same issues.

Says the guy who won't look at any of the facts...
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:10 pm

HitRed wrote:In Europe are you allowed to take children with you to jail when your arrested?

In Europe asylum seekers are not treated like criminals.

This is at the heart of the issue. People are coming to you, fleeing from terrible persecution and poverty, and you want to treat them like criminals instead of desperate, suffering people. If they were actual criminals, arresting them would be perfectly reasonable. They are good, hard-working people looking for a new life. The only law they're breaking is an administrative law that bears no relation to right and wrong.

The children are just the tip of the iceberg. The monster in the room is the inhumanity of turning away those who are suffering.

You've enjoyed the bounties of a wealthy country because your parents or grandparents benefited from America's open door policy, and now you want to slam that door and deny those same bounties to others. Sheer selfishness.

It's made more painfully ironic because Americans mostly claim to be Christians, and giving shelter to those in need is at the very core of what Christianity is about.

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby The ram on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:26 am

HitRed wrote:If they have a valid reason to believe their life is in danger they can surrender at a point of entry.

You're banging your head against a brick wall trying to talk sense to these mongoloids. Just let them talk their shit amongst themselves, just because 10 mongoloids agree with each other it's still wrong to a bloke with an ounce of sense!
Cadet The ram

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:13 am

It's actually been kind of interesting to see Christians really come together to call out Sanders and Sessions, even if they stop short of calling out Trump. I think Duk is right on this.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:13 am

The ram wrote:
HitRed wrote:If they have a valid reason to believe their life is in danger they can surrender at a point of entry.

You're banging your head against a brick wall trying to talk sense to these mongoloids. Just let them talk their shit amongst themselves, just because 10 mongoloids agree with each other it's still wrong to a bloke with an ounce of sense!

Mongoloids?

Do you boys have children? Are you guys real Christians who believe in Jesus Christ?

The one thing I do know about you two is this.....political party loyalty over humanity, family, compassion and common sense.

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:36 am

Only parents who raise and love their own children can imagine and feel the pain and suffering of those families being forcibly separated.

I find it hard to imagine how anyone can defend this horrible and vile act being perpetrated on families.

Fuk Trump! When is this country going to wake up from it's stupor and get rid of this cancer?

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:48 am

It's a weird one- I'm no Christian- more an agnostic or an atheist. I don't think it's a matter of faith though.

Kids put in cages and sleeping on the floor, ripped from breastfeeding, and crying for help while ICE officers mock them, that's not un-Christian or Christian (despite what White House and DoJ people say). It's just evil.

Audio of the kids being punished:

Children separated from parents cry at US detention centre – audio
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby The ram on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 am

Bernie Sanders wrote:
The ram wrote:

Mongoloids?

Do you boys have children? Are you guys real Christians who believe in Jesus Christ?

The one thing I do know about you two is this.....political party loyalty over humanity, family, compassion and common sense.

I have 3 kids Bern. Whose future I put well above that of any mother fucker that's willing to put their own children through cruelty for their own selfishness.
Cadet The ram

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:18 am

The ram wrote:I have 3 kids Bern. Whose future I put well above that of any mother fucker that's willing to put their own children through cruelty for their own selfishness.

For a guy who just used his own kids as an excuse for cruelty to other kids, who aren't harming them in any way at all, I'll politely say that you got this one wrong.

Did you listen to the audio btw?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:52 am

The ram wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:
The ram wrote:

Mongoloids?

I have 3 kids Bern. Whose future I put well above that of any mother fucker that's willing to put their own children through cruelty for their own selfishness.

Punish the children for their parent's sin. Your wife and children must idolize you for your compassion and love for others. Wait, are you married presently to the mother of your children? I think we need to yank your children from you and that wretched wife of yours, since I find your compassion lacking.

Afterall government can raise other people's children better than their biological parents can.

It takes a village to raise a child....if I remember the saying correctly.

Postby Keefie on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:47 am

This is the United States of America, founded by immigrants, a democracy to be proud of, leader of the free world and a Christian country.

Make America great again - what a joke. I'd be ashamed if I was an American, as a Brit I'm just disgusted.

f*ck off Trump, you're a disgraceful pathetic bully.

He'll see what the UK thinks of him when he visits next month. They'll be thousands and thousands taking to the streets to protest.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am

It's nothing to do with Trump. This is something that Obama oversaw the entire time he was in office, and was probably being done by Bush and Clinton as well.

This is just America - the country that is far more abusive towards its own and others' citizens than any other country, and yet has somehow managed to convince people that it's the savior and it's everyone else who are the oppressors.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby The ram on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:07 am

Bernie Sanders wrote:
The ram wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:
The ram wrote:

Mongoloids?

Punish the children for their parent's sin. Your wife and children must idolize you for your compassion and love for others. Wait, are you married presently to the mother of your children? I think we need to yank your children from you and that wretched wife of yours, since I find your compassion lacking.

Afterall government can raise other people's children better than their biological parents can.

It takes a village to raise a child....if I remember the saying correctly.

I couldn't have said it better myself Bern. Parents that break the law and treat their kids bad need their kids taken off them. You really are a raging buffoon old chap.
Cadet The ram

Postby armati on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:24 am

@Keefie

Thousands will protest to show how people feel about Trump?
Could happen I guess, ya think maybe a few thousand people could go to the Embassy of Ecuador and let the government know how they feel about abusing Assange?

BTW, if anyone wants to support Assange you could drop him a postcard.

Just to let them know how you feel about Trump etc.

Julian Assange
c/o Ecuadorian embassy
flat 36, 3 Hans Crescent
London England
swix ols

hope i got that right ive never mailed to Britain myself.
Sergeant armati

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,