Conquer Club

Trump ends Obama era practice of separating families by exec

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Trump ends Obama era practice of separating families by exec

Postby GabonX on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:12 pm

The media and political class become more and more outraged over the Trump administration’s decision to detain and prosecute immigrants illegally crossing the border.

Lost in the debate is any acknowledgment that President Obama’s administration also used detention facilities.

Current U.S. immigration laws, when enforced, have the consequence of temporarily separating adults who arrive with children into separate detention facilities in order to prosecute the adults.

The policy of prosecuting immigrants for crossing the border illegally has been in place for multiple administrations. The Obama administration prosecuted half a million illegal immigrants and similarly separated families in the process. So did the Bush administration.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/photo ... acilities/

President Donald Trump signed an executive order Wednesday that he says will keep migrant families together during detention on the U.S.-Mexico border.

The president backed down from his administration's policy of splitting migrant families, which for days the White House insisted could only end through congressional action. Facing a nationwide uproar and bipartisan calls to at least temporarily end the practice, the president said he "didn't like the sight or feeling of families being separated."

Trump said he will not end the administration's "zero tolerance" policy of criminally prosecuting every adult who crosses U.S. borders illegally, including those seeking asylum. The White House also will keep pressure on Congress to pass legislation that meets Trump's goals of halting the separation practice, funding his proposed border wall and limiting legal immigration.

"We're keeping families together and this will solve that problem. At the same time we are keeping a very powerful border and there continues to be a zero tolerance," Trump told reporters before he signed the order.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/trump-s ... ether.html

So there you have it. At great personal risk to himself under the eyes of the law, Trump has ended Obama's widely criticized pratice of seperating families and caging children.

MAGA
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim I'd still use worms to fish for them.
saxitoxin wrote:I'm on Team GabonX
Captain GabonX

Re: Trump ends Obama era practice of separating families by

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:41 pm

Stop drinking the koolaid.

Try using snopes, and get the truth that this is, and always has been a despicable Repugnicants policy.

The lies and deceit from the Repugnicants is almost as appalling as this horrendous act.
Captain notyou2

Postby GabonX on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Snopes is written by a lying whoremonger, his lying whore, and his ugly ex wife (who is also a liar).
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim I'd still use worms to fish for them.
Captain GabonX

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:53 pm

notyou2 wrote:Stop drinking the koolaid.

Try using snopes, and get the truth that this is, and always has been a despicable Repugnicants policy.

Which is why Obama overturned it the second he got into office.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:09 pm

GabonX wrote:Snopes is written by a lying whoremonger, his lying whore, and his ugly ex wife (who is also a liar).

OK don't believe snopes, look at the seat numbers of both parties when the policy was voted on, and look at the vote by political affiliation.

You are clearly the liar for promoting lies, deceit and BS, OR you are incredibly gullible. Probably a mix of both.
Captain notyou2

Postby GabonX on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:10 pm

You're a traitor and your day is coming.
Captain GabonX

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:11 pm

LOL, I'm a Canadian
Captain notyou2

Postby GabonX on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:13 pm

You're a traitor against the virtues of truth, freedom, beauty, and justice... All American values so I can see why you're confused
Captain GabonX

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:15 pm

I LOVE truth and justice, as well as science.

Separating children from their parents is a vile despicable act. I feel bad for the American people, they seem to be lost.
Captain notyou2

Postby GabonX on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Funny how the only two of those virtues you claim to uphold are the two you've proven by your words here that you don't.

Also, why do you hate beauty and freedom?
Captain GabonX

Postby GabonX on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:42 pm

You're propaganda hit piece says virtually nothing about the what happened under the Obama regime. It just plays defense, makinh vague references to "priorities" while ignoring actual practice. Here's what Huffington Post had to say:

If progressives keep lying to themselves about their past, they are doomed to continue to push the same failed policies of the corporate wing of the Democratic party, exemplified by Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. On immigration, the answer to Trump is not returning to Obama’s policies, but rather moving in a new direction that drastically reduces deportations and ceases to criminalize low-level offenses.

A September 2016 Marshall Project report found that since Obama announced his intention to focus on “felons, not families” in 2014, 60% of deportations they studied “were of immigrants with no criminal conviction or whose only crime was immigration-related, such as illegal entry or re-entry.” The report continued, “Twenty-one percent were convicted of nonviolent crimes other than immigration. Fewer than 20 percent had potentially violent convictions, such as assault, DUI or weapons offenses.”

Even those who acknowledge that Obama in fact deported more people without criminal convictions in his early years perpetuate the myth that in his later years he focused his deportations on non-criminals. This is also untrue. The Department of Homeland Security reported that it removed and returned over 450,000 people in 2016. Of this number, 85 percent were people caught crossing the border without authorization. Fewer than 8 percent of these deportees were felons or accused of being in a street gang. Even if one just looks at ICE administrative arrests in the interior of the country, and ignores the people caught crossing the border, less than 9 percent of these people had felonies or were in street gangs. The vast majority of ICE removals were for misdemeanor offenses and some “unknown subclass.” The data is clear. Obama was largely deporting, to paraphrase him, moms providing for their kids and not gang members. Gang members made up less than one-quarter of one percent of removals. If gang bangers were the target, then Obama missed by a long shot.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ha ... 8fc20f979e

So as is usual for leftists like yourself, you are stupidly and dangerously wrong.
Captain GabonX

Postby Bernie Sanders on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:30 am

Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby armati on Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:42 am

Trump ends the separation of parents and kids, he's gotta be a wonderful guy.

Trump’s military drops a bomb every 12 minutes, and no one is talking about it - Lee Camp

"The Pentagon’s numbers show that during George W. Bush’s eight years he averaged 24 bombs dropped per day, which is 8,750 per year. Over the course of Obama’s time in office, his military dropped 34 bombs per day, 12,500 per year. And in Trump’s first year in office, he averaged 121 bombs dropped per day, for an annual total of 44,096.

Trump’s military dropped 44,000 bombs in his first year in office."

https://cdni.rt.com/files/2018.06/artic ... 8b4569.jpg
Sergeant armati

Postby mrswdk on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 am

You are correct, all US presidents are blood thirsty hate mongers.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby tkr4lf on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:10 am

I like how the OP specifically says that this was a policy that was active under Obama and Bush's administration, but then he later goes on to call it Obama's policy. Shouldn't you be calling out Bush as well?
Major tkr4lf

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:16 am

tkr4lf wrote:I like how the OP specifically says that this was a policy that was active under Obama and Bush's administration, but then he later goes on to call it Obama's policy. Shouldn't you be calling out Bush as well?

Actually President Clinton started this program of dropping bombs willy-nilly back when the blood thirsty and rape driven Serbs were brutalizing Muslims

Postby tkr4lf on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:30 am

I was referring to the OP, talking about the practice of separating children from parents. Gabon, after posting the OP which acknowledges that the program has been in practice since at least Bush was in office, later focuses on Obama.
Major tkr4lf

Postby patches70 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 am

tkr4lf wrote:I was referring to the OP, talking about the practice of separating children from parents. Gabon, after posting the OP which acknowledges that the program has been in practice since at least Bush was in office, later focuses on Obama.

Yeah, it makes no sense. Now, direct me to the posts you made where you told people who call this "Trump's practice" and how foolish they are for, that'd be great.

Thank you in advance for showing me where you stood up to nuts on the other side of the political spectrum.
Private patches70

Postby armati on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:19 pm

virtues of truth, freedom, beauty, and justice... All American values.

I actually gotta good laff outta that. I find it incredible that some people believe that.

No offence intended GabonX, or to any americans, christians or what have you.

Superman......Truth Justice and the american way, geez did that ever sell big time.

#1 is worth a mint.

Jerry Siegel an american and Joseph "Joe" Shuster a Canadian the creators of superman, must have read Edward Bernays books.

Ya gotta admit, that was marketing genius.
Sergeant armati

Postby tkr4lf on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:07 pm

patches70 wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:I was referring to the OP, talking about the practice of separating children from parents. Gabon, after posting the OP which acknowledges that the program has been in practice since at least Bush was in office, later focuses on Obama.

Yeah, it makes no sense. Now, direct me to the posts you made where you told people who call this "Trump's practice" and how foolish they are for, that'd be great.

Thank you in advance for showing me where you stood up to nuts on the other side of the political spectrum.

This is the first time I've posted in this thread or any other thread about this subject, so I can't do that. I have nothing to add to this discussion, just felt like calling the OP out for his blatant bias.
Major tkr4lf

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:47 pm

It's horrifying anti-MAGAites want children placed in adult prisons just because their parents broke the law. Everywhere in the United States we don't force children to go to jail when their parents are arrested. They're separated and taken to a group home until the parents are released or guardians can be found. The Anti-MAGAites want to apply a different standard to immigrant children and expose them to adult prison life.

However, Trump said "no way, Jose" and kept immigrant children safe until he could identify a way to shelter them in alternative accommodations with their arrested parents that was not a jail.

GabonX is right.

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby karel on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:05 pm

best way to fix all this shit with the damn kid thing,when they cross,take a big boot and kick their illegal asses back across the rive where they belong
Private 1st Class karel

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Yea! Karel is back!

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,