Conquer Club

America The Land of the Free

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

America The Land of the Free

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Well, it used to be, now it's a quasi-dictatorship.

Your civil liberties have been undermined and retracted at an alarming rate.

Used to be a great country.

The writings on the wall.

Rise up sheeple.
Captain notyou2

Re: America The Land of the Free

Postby patches70 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:14 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Rise up sheeple.

I don't think that's going to go how you think it will....
Private patches70

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:09 pm

So I was just thinking of a few of the principles that America was built upon.

"No taxation without representation" implies that the people who are taxed get representatives in government. That isn't actually true, due to the Reprocrat party dominance and an opaque system and the fact that the party tells the voters what they want instead of the other way around.

Free market principles also don't exist, not only due to monopolies and price fixing etc., but also due to consumer decisions being decided en masse, and once again, they are told by the producers what they want, not the other way around.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby armati on Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:34 am

I Remember When America Was A Free Country (6/19/2018)

"I remember when America was a free country. You could get on an airliner without an ID. Driving licenses didnā€™t even have photos. If a friend was coming through your city on a flight and had a few hours layover, you could meet them inside the airport for lunch or dinner. You could meet friends, children, and relatives at the gate or see them off at the gate. Parents could actually put children on the plane and grandparents could take them off."
Sergeant armati

Postby tkr4lf on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:12 am

armati wrote:I Remember When America Was A Free Country (6/19/2018)

"I remember when America was a free country. You could get on an airliner without an ID. Driving licenses didnā€™t even have photos. If a friend was coming through your city on a flight and had a few hours layover, you could meet them inside the airport for lunch or dinner. You could meet friends, children, and relatives at the gate or see them off at the gate. Parents could actually put children on the plane and grandparents could take them off."

Thanks, Bin Laden.
Major tkr4lf

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:58 pm

tkr4lf wrote:

Thanks, Bin Laden.

Thanks, America
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:46 am

tkr4lf wrote:

Thanks, Bin Laden.

Wrong bad guy, Thanks Bush Cheney
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby warmonger1981 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:10 am

Silly Knig-it wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:

Thanks, Bin Laden.

Wrong bad guy, Thanks Bush Cheney

Thanks Patrio Act.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby armati on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:46 am

The Persecution of Julian Assange Proves That Western Values No Longer Exist

The Western world never ceases to speak of its ā€œdemocratic values.ā€ In Western political theory, the way democracy works is by free speech and a free press. By speaking out, citizens and media keep the government accountable.

This liberal tradition means that there are no words or terms that cannot be used because some designated ā€œvictim groupā€ can claim to feel offended. The inroads into free speech made by political correctness, now institutionalized in universities and the public school system, in the presstitute media, in American corporations such as Google, and in the enculturated habits of Americans, demonstrate a decline in the status of free speech. Governments have also made inroads, with the ā€œwar on terrorā€ becoming a justification for warrantless spying, mass surveillance, and a clampdown on dissent.

The free press has declined even more dramatically than free speech. The NY Times of the Pentagon Papers disappeared during George W. Bushā€™s first term when the newspaper sat on the story that the Bush regime was spying without warrants. The NY Times sat on the story for a year, allowing Bush to be reelected without controversy and allowing the government time to legalize the spying on an ex post facto basis.

Today the media are a propaganda ministry engaged in the demonization of Russia and Trump and justifying the war crimes of Washington and its vassal states.

This is why there is no media uproar over the 6-year incarceration of Julian Assange in the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

Wikileaks is a news organization and has not done anything that a free press has not always done. Julian Assange is a citizen of Australia and Ecuador. He is not an American and thus cannot be guilty of treason. Yet Washington is believed to have used a grand jury to concoct such a case against him.

The new president of Ecuador is not the strong and good man than his predecessor was. Under Washingtonā€™s pressure Moreno is making life in the Ecuadorian embassy as unbearable as possible for Assange in an effort to force him out into British hands. Responding to Washingtonā€™s pressure, the British government will not honor his asylum, which prevents Assange from being able to leave the embassy.

There is no presence of ā€œdemocratic valuesā€ in this affair. It is a repeat of the Soviet Unionā€™s treatment of Cardinal Mindszenty, only it is Washington, not Moscow, who is stamping on the face of freedom. https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2013/0 ... g-roberts/

The Australian government, also in deference to Washington, has done nothing to help Assange. Australia, like every other vassal state, puts Washingtonā€™s interest ahead of both law and the interest of citizens.

This week there were protests in Australia in support of Assange. However, Western governments are now so far removed from citizens who are today little more than subjects that it is unlikely that anything short of revolution can restore accountability to governments in the West.

ā€œWestern democracyā€ has become an oxymoron. This article by Mike Head shows the disdain that the Western elites have for free speech, freedom of the press, truth, and the rights of citizens:
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/49687.htm

pcr
Sergeant armati

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:16 pm

notyou2 wrote:Well, it used to be, now it's a quasi-dictatorship.

Rise up sheeple.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 683297002/

In what has become an increasingly regular mission, Canadian representatives visited the U.S this week to warn immigrants fearful over President Trump's immigration crackdown that they can't simply rush north of the border to find safe haven.

"Canadians are broadly supportive of immigration," Radchenko said. "But Canadians truly believe in order and well-managed immigration."
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby notyou2 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:30 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

Rise up sheeple.

In what has become an increasingly regular mission, Canadian representatives visited the U.S this week to warn immigrants fearful over President Trump's immigration crackdown that they can't simply rush north of the border to find safe haven.

"Canadians are broadly supportive of immigration," Radchenko said. "But Canadians truly believe in order and well-managed immigration."

What's your point?

Is it that the US is strong arming it's friends?
Captain notyou2

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:48 pm

notyou2 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Rise up sheeple.

What's your point?

Is it that the US is strong arming it's friends?

You tell me dude. I don't live in Canada. I'm just upset that Canada is not accepting any immigrants who are being driven from the United States. Seems like something an evil, fascist state would do.

Postby riskllama on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:00 pm

meh, we took an assload of Syrians a few years back. how many did the US take?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:13 pm

riskllama wrote:meh, we took an assload of Syrians a few years back. how many did the US take?

Canada admitted 46,700 refugees in 2016 (total)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/record-nu ... -1.3382444

The U.S. admitted 85,000 refugees in 2016 (total).

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... s-in-2016/

So.......

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:25 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
riskllama wrote:meh, we took an assload of Syrians a few years back. how many did the US take?

So.......

On a per capita basis, that's approximately 1 refugee per 777 Canadians, and 1 refugee per 3,800 Americans.

I know numbers don't tell the full story, but based on the numbers, Canada is trying 5 times as hard to make room for those who are fleeing from oppression or destitution.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby riskllama on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:28 pm

how many syrian refugees did the US take in, TGD?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:34 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

So.......

On a per capita basis, that's approximately 1 refugee per 777 Canadians, and 1 refugee per 3,800 Americans.

I know numbers don't tell the full story, but based on the numbers, Canada is trying 5 times as hard to make room for those who are fleeing from oppression or destitution.

Okay...

My premise is not whether the United States is more accommodating to refugees. My premise is that Canada, like the US (and, as far as I can tell, various European countries), also has immigration laws that it enforces by kicking illegal immigrants out of the country.

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:36 pm

riskllama wrote:how many syrian refugees did the US take in, TGD?

Syria was in the CCTV link - 33,266 in 2016

United States was 12,587 in 2016

link - https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article ... ted-states

Postby riskllama on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:46 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

how many of them has Trump kicked out by now? i wonder...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:31 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

So.......

Okay...

My premise is not whether the United States is more accommodating to refugees. My premise is that Canada, like the US (and, as far as I can tell, various European countries), also has immigration laws that it enforces by kicking illegal immigrants out of the country.

Yes, that is true.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:19 am

riskllama wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

how many of them has Trump kicked out by now? i wonder...

I don't think he's kicked out any. I think his executive order prevented others from coming in. Apparently 11 have been let into the US since he became president.

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:33 pm

TGD, we accept many refugees that enter the country illegally, especially if they are persecuted in their homeland.

There were some African guys that walked across from the US (Minnesota I think) in the winter and lost fingers and ears to frost bite. US wouldn't take them, we did.
Captain notyou2

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:30 pm

notyou2 wrote:TGD, we accept many refugees that enter the country illegally, especially if they are persecuted in their homeland.

There were some African guys that walked across from the US (Minnesota I think) in the winter and lost fingers and ears to frost bite. US wouldn't take them, we did.

Good for you. The US also takes refugees and many more immigrants than Canada. Both the US and Canada have immigration laws. Both the US and Canada enforce immigration laws. If the only reason the US is no longer the land of the free is because of the rhetoric (not actions because other presidents have done the same thing) of the current president, then singling out the US is stupid.

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
notyou2 wrote:TGD, we accept many refugees that enter the country illegally, especially if they are persecuted in their homeland.

Good for you. The US also takes refugees and many more immigrants than Canada. Both the US and Canada have immigration laws. Both the US and Canada enforce immigration laws. If the only reason the US is no longer the land of the free is because of the rhetoric (not actions because other presidents have done the same thing) of the current president, then singling out the US is stupid.

Per capita, Canada has a higher rate of immigration than the US- in fact, more than double.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Canada#Immigration_rate

You're not wrong, TGD, but you may only have half of the story.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:27 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Per capita, Canada has a higher rate of immigration than the US- in fact, more than double.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Canada#Immigration_rate

You're not wrong, TGD, but you may only have half of the story.

I'm not so much supporting US policy (because I don't support current (or past) US immigration policy). I'm more interested in the political upheaval and general anger directed at the United States for enforcing immigration laws that virtually every developed country has and enforces (some more stringently than the US).

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,