Conquer Club

for those that trust their media

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

for those that trust their media

Postby armati on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 pm

the classic John Swinton quote:

“There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.”

http://www.constitution.org/pub/swinton_press.htm

Spoken in 1880, by the way. Fake news is as old as time. The notion of the press as an independent champion of truth is just one of the press’s fabrications.
Sergeant armati

Re: for those that trust their media

Postby Bernie Sanders on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:17 pm

armati wrote:the classic John Swinton quote:

“There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.”

http://www.constitution.org/pub/swinton_press.htm

Spoken in 1880, by the way. Fake news is as old as time. The notion of the press as an independent champion of truth is just one of the press’s fabrications.

Free press is the pillar of democracy. Many journalists are independent and try to seek out the truth.

Instead of all this B.S. conspiracy, try reading the major newspapers in America.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby armati on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:40 pm

if it wernt for "conspiracy nuts" Bernie you would still be believing in "magic bullets".

I doubt you could have figured that out by yourself, course, maybe you still do believe in magic bullets.

Flying carpets? Genies maybe?

Your better informed if you dont read any major newspapers in america Bernie.
Same goes for TV news.

Conan O'Brien
EXPOSES our PHONY FAKE NEWS SCRIPTED MAINSTREAM Media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLXQ0qbq6jY
Sergeant armati

Postby armati on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:25 pm

"I think that the undecideds could go one way or the other."
George Bush, 1988
Sergeant armati

Postby Bernie Sanders on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:46 pm

armati wrote:if it wernt for "conspiracy nuts" Bernie you would still be believing in "magic bullets".

I doubt you could have figured that out by yourself, course, maybe you still do believe in magic bullets.

Same goes for TV news.

Conan O'Brien

Not sure what this video prove? Yes some tv Mongols give a script to their tv personalities to read as is shown in that video. These tv personalities are not investigative reporters/ journalists. Just watch Fox News.

Postby demonfork on Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
armati wrote:if it wernt for "conspiracy nuts" Bernie you would still be believing in "magic bullets".

Same goes for TV news.

Conan O'Brien

Not sure what this video prove? Yes some tv Mongols give a script to their tv personalities to read as is shown in that video. These tv personalities are not investigative reporters/ journalists. Just watch Fox News.

You obviously have never heard of Edward Bernays or have never read the history of Propaganda/Public Relations.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby Bernie Sanders on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:12 pm

demonfork wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:

Same goes for TV news.

Conan O'Brien

You obviously have never heard of Edward Bernays or have never read the history of Propaganda/Public Relations.

You be right.....never heard of him

Postby armati on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:02 am

@demonfork

I hadnt heard of him either, I looked him up, pretty neat stuff.
thx for mentioning him.
Sergeant armati

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:44 am

armati wrote:@demonfork

I hadnt heard of him either, I looked him up, pretty neat stuff.
thx for mentioning him.

Never heard of demonfuk either....is he your significant other?

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,