Conquer Club

Abortion illegal in the US?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is Toobin right?

Yes, he's completely right
No votes
Yes, mostly
60%
I don't know
20%
No, but with some exceptions
10%
Completely wrong
10%
Kittens are cute
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: Abortion illegal in the US?

Postby The ram on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:05 am

In the case of all libtard vermin I'd actually encourage abortion!
Cadet The ram

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 am

The ram wrote:In the case of all libtard vermin I'd actually encourage abortion!

Well, in a single post you managed to tick most of the fascist boxes. You've got the lefties and the "tards" in that one phrase. That's a twofer.

You've got the classic use of "vermin". That never really went out of style for you guys.

And, yes, there it is, just a hint of euthanasia at the end.

A recipe that anyone can follow.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby The ram on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:46 am

Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:In the case of all libtard vermin I'd actually encourage abortion!

Well, in a single post you managed to tick most of the fascist boxes. You've got the lefties and the "tards" in that one phrase. That's a twofer.

You've got the classic use of "vermin". That never really went out of style for you guys.

I'm just happy you won't procreate.
Cadet The ram

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:25 am

The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

New sig!
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby The ram on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:54 am

Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

New sig!

Nice one. You're starting to see the similarities between myself and Einstein.
Cadet The ram

Postby karel on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:38 pm

1st thing we as taxpayers should not be paying for this shit if they are not a citizen...2nd thing cut funds to planed parent hood..once again paying for this shit with my money...3rd just ban it all together,if you cant afford a kid keep your damn legs closed..that is all i have to say for now
Corporal karel

Postby HitRed on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:32 pm

I hope someday the "All Men Are Created Equal" applies to babies.

HitRed
Captain HitRed

Postby karel on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 pm

not if your a lefty
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:53 am

HitRed wrote:I hope someday the "All Men Are Created Equal" applies to babies.

HitRed

That's a good dream to have, as long as it extends to all people, not just "Men".
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:21 am

karel wrote:1st thing we as taxpayers should not be paying for this shit if they are not a citizen...2nd thing cut funds to planed parent hood..once again paying for this shit with my money...3rd just ban it all together,if you cant afford a kid keep your damn legs closed..that is all i have to say for now

Karel I've tried to explain this to you before, but they don't take taxes out of those welfare checks you receive every couple weeks.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:00 am

karel wrote:1st thing we as taxpayers should not be paying for this shit if they are not a citizen...2nd thing cut funds to planed parent hood..once again paying for this shit with my money...3rd just ban it all together,if you cant afford a kid keep your damn legs closed..that is all i have to say for now

It's not your money if you pay it to someone else. This entitlement culture that rightwingers have where they think that they can assign tax dollars only to the things that benefit them personally, or to causes they personally agree with is nonsense. Always has been, and always will. Try telling the IRS that you only want your taxes to pay for certain things next time you pay. Hell, try it in a store when you pay sales tax. Maybe try boycotting paying taxes altogether.

Let's see how entitled you are after you try that.

You get your say via elections or contacting your representatives, if you're lucky. The rest of your post, karel, is just angry drivel.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:52 am

Symmetry wrote:

It's not your money if you pay it to someone else. This entitlement culture that rightwingers have where they think that they can assign tax dollars only to the things that benefit them personally, or to causes they personally agree with is nonsense. Always has been, and always will. Try telling the IRS that you only want your taxes to pay for certain things next time you pay. Hell, try it in a store when you pay sales tax. Maybe try boycotting paying taxes altogether.

You get your say via elections or contacting your representatives, if you're lucky. The rest of your post, karel, is just angry drivel.

(1) It is your money until the time the government takes it from you to redistribute it to whatever and whomever the government wishes (including the government itself).
(2) I don't think you know what "entitlement" means. Everyone has a say in how their tax dollars can be spent. This could be via voting or campaign contributions or lobbying or any number of other ways to influence spending (and taxation). All of these influencing activities are to get the government to spend money to benefit someone personally or for causes a person agrees with (whether that's free abortions for all, free colleges, tax incentives to build factories, whatever). There have been a few government types that just take your money and don't let you decide or influence where it is spent. Those are typically governments that people don't like.
(3) There's this quite important amendment to the US Constitution that states that the government is not permitted to interfere with the freedom of religion (you can tell it's important because it's the first one of the various amendments). For those religions that believe abortion is not appropriate (a large proportion of organized religions), requiring people adhering to those religious beliefs to pay for an abortion is arguably a violation of those peoples' first amendment rights.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

(1) It is your money until the time the government takes it from you to redistribute it to whatever and whomever the government wishes (including the government itself).
(2) I don't think you know what "entitlement" means. Everyone has a say in how their tax dollars can be spent. This could be via voting or campaign contributions or lobbying or any number of other ways to influence spending (and taxation). All of these influencing activities are to get the government to spend money to benefit someone personally or for causes a person agrees with (whether that's free abortions for all, free colleges, tax incentives to build factories, whatever). There have been a few government types that just take your money and don't let you decide or influence where it is spent. Those are typically governments that people don't like.
(3) There's this quite important amendment to the US Constitution that states that the government is not permitted to interfere with the freedom of religion (you can tell it's important because it's the first one of the various amendments). For those religions that believe abortion is not appropriate (a large proportion of organized religions), requiring people adhering to those religious beliefs to pay for an abortion is arguably a violation of those peoples' first amendment rights.

1 and 2 are merely restatements of what I said. 1) It's not you money anymore, 2) You get your say via the democratic process for a TLDR version.

3) Unfortunately, that argument is so full of holes that even I, a non-American, non-lawyer can see the glaring problems with arguing that taxes shouldn't pay for things you don't like. Even if you religiously don't like them. Aside from point 1, let's see how it works if your religion is pacifist, and objects to military force.

Yeah, mate, good luck with that.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

1 and 2 are merely restatements of what I said. 1) It's not you money anymore, 2) You get your say via the democratic process for a TLDR version.

3) Unfortunately, that argument is so full of holes that even I, a non-American, non-lawyer can see the glaring problems with arguing that taxes shouldn't pay for things you don't like. Even if you religiously don't like them. Aside from point 1, let's see how it works if your religion is pacifist, and objects to military force.

Re: (1) and (2) - Yeah, those aren't really restatements, but okey dokey.

Re: (3) - Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) it's not full of holes. In fact, it's fairly constitutionally sound at this point given various historic and recent case law. And given the potential makeup of the Supreme Court, looks to be constitutionally sound in the futre. But thanks for your wish of good luck, cutie-pie. We appreciate it! :)

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:51 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Re: (1) and (2) - Yeah, those aren't really restatements, but okey dokey.

Re: (3) - Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) it's not full of holes. In fact, it's fairly constitutionally sound at this point given various historic and recent case law. And given the potential makeup of the Supreme Court, looks to be constitutionally sound in the futre. But thanks for your wish of good luck, cutie-pie. We appreciate it! :)

Cutie-pie? Weird, but ok, whatever.

Just to be clear though, you've moved from your former position that abortion won't become illegal, to a point where the first amendment means that every taxpayer has to religiously agree on how government money is spent, or it's unconstitutional?

That's a pretty extreme position to hold.

What area of law do you practice, btw? I mean, it's not constitutional law, obviously. No constitutional lawyer would suggest that because one amendment was earlier than another, it takes primacy.

Crack open a beer, and you'll figure it out.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:11 pm

There is no change in position; it's simply that there are differing issues. It is not difficult to understand. There are certain laws that are not enforceable upon certain groups of people for constitutional reasons. Sometimes those constitutional reasons favor religious rights; sometimes those constitutional reasons favor race or involve privacy rights or something similar. I find it highly likely that abortion will remain legal and that certain groups will not be required to provide funding for people to get abortions.

Postby patches70 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:47 pm

Hey, I got a novel idea, how about the people who get abortions pay for their own abortions? And yes, that includes the moron who impregnated said abortion seeker. It ain't rocket science.
Private patches70

Postby Neoteny on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:53 pm

Nah. They should be 100% covered by l healthcare coverage. Preferably by the government.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:55 am

Neoteny wrote:Nah. They should be 100% covered by l healthcare coverage. Preferably by the government.

HEY! NEO!

Postby Neoteny on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:11 am

What? Hey.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:28 am

patches70 wrote:Hey, I got a novel idea, how about the people who get abortions pay for their own abortions? And yes, that includes the moron who impregnated said abortion seeker. It ain't rocket science.

What about when I impregnate an abortion seeker and give her your name.

Pay up sucka!
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:51 am

patches70 wrote:Hey, I got a novel idea, how about the people who get abortions pay for their own abortions? And yes, that includes the moron who impregnated said abortion seeker. It ain't rocket science.

Ah Parches...
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:49 pm

Symmetry wrote:

Ah Parches...

agree instead of using other peoples money
Corporal karel

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,