Conquer Club

Vegan Jerky?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Vegan Jerky?

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:46 am

I was at Safeway buying milk and spotted this.

http://www.noblejerky.com

I bought some of the chipotle to see how it would taste. I don't know why but I can't help it sometimes. I find it amusing when someone tries to pass off tofu as meat. I don't mind tofu it's just that often it's definately just tofu.

So I tear into this jerky and found it's really good.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Vegan Jerky?

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:21 am

You were just very hungry.

Now grab some real meat and do a comparison taste test.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:16 am

The next evening I made the steaks we bought on the BBQ grill. Just as delicious but I like that sort of thing.

I was not expecting the soy to be as good as it was. They got the texture quite close too.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:43 am

2dimes wrote:The next evening I made the steaks we bought on the BBQ grill. Just as delicious but I like that sort of thing.

I was not expecting the soy to be as good as it was. They got the texture quite close too.

Back in the 80's I worked at a precast plant, and we had a coffee truck come in that had soyburgers in addition to regular burgers. I really liked those.

Thing is though, that they were the same price as the regular burgers, which made them a viable option. Anywhere else, though, they want three times as much for the soy burger as for the regular burger. It's just blatant price gouging. There's nothing expensive about soybeans. The stores just charge more because they have a captive audience of vegans that will put up with it.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:16 am

The last burger I had at a pub was pretty obviously a pre-made frozen mince grillsteak in a bun. It was bad. I'd have chosen a vegan bean burger over that. I'm English though, so when they asked if the food was ok I said it was fine.

Internet! It was not fine!
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:02 am

I have had some ok beef, possibly even good beef once or twice in England but never really great beef.

I won't admit it to my Kiwi buddy who thinks New Zealand has the best beef in the world but I had an outstanding steak in the Aukland tower, dispite the late Anthony Bourdain claiming you can't get a good meal in one of those revolving restaurants.

That seems to be something I disagree with him about, even if the food is not good, I really enjoy going to a tall building to look at a city I am visiting,
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:30 am

2dimes wrote:I have had some ok beef, possibly even good beef once or twice in England but never really great beef.

I won't admit it to my Kiwi buddy who thinks New Zealand has the best beef in the world but I had an outstanding steak in the Aukland tower, dispite the late Anthony Bourdain claiming you can't get a good meal in one of those revolving restaurants.

That seems to be something I disagree with him about, even if the food is not good, I really enjoy going to a tall building to look at a city I am visiting,

Scottish beef is generally better for steaks- Aberdeen Angus is a breed of cattle though, and although it's best from Scotland, it can be bred anywhere. Has a peppery taste.

New Zealand has some great beef, but it pales in comparison to Japan. Go to Kobe, try the good stuff. It's not cheap, but you won't have anything better. After eating it, the only competition is really to find the second best steak,

Now, New Zealand lamb- that's a treat.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:58 am

I have read about Kobe beef. I think I might actually avoid it.

I am already too picky about beef but like what I can get from local ranches and one of the supermarkets.

I kind of hate that I can't just hop in a plane and go to Salt Lake City to get an Atomic Meatball sub from Moochies Meatballs and More. They are incredible but kind of inaccessible.

I also have heard Gary Yamamoto has brought some Kobe cattle over to Texas, I don't know how his compare but you can go to his ranch and try it.
http://www.innatbkranch.com/#aboutus

I hope no poor vegans show up now we have switched to meat talk.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:25 am

Kobe beef aka cows fed with beer and massaged with sake. That's the secret of excellent beef.

The first time I ordered a Kobe steak in the 70s....had a bit of a sticker shock. Definitely the best steak out there.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:28 am

2dimes wrote:I have read about Kobe beef. I think I might actually avoid it.

I am already too picky about beef but like what I can get from local ranches and one of the supermarkets.

I kind of hate that I can't just hop in a plane and go to Salt Lake City to get an Atomic Meatball sub from Moochies Meatballs and More. They are incredible but kind of inaccessible.

I also have heard Gary Yamamoto has brought some Kobe cattle over to Texas, I don't know how his compare but you can go to his ranch and try it.
http://www.innatbkranch.com/#aboutus

I hope no poor vegans show up now we have switched to meat talk.

It's like beef that melts in your mouth like butter. Beef flavoured butter. All other steaks are just good afterwards. They are mere recollections and memories...
Sergeant Symmetry

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,