Conquer Club

Peanut butter and Rocquefort

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Peanut butter and Rocquefort

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:21 am

A place to confess your more egregious crimes against gourmandise.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: Peanut butter and Rocquefort

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:20 am

I apply both mustard and ketchup to hot dogs
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby jfm10 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:57 am

ketchup and mustard on a hot dog is good but add bacon and cheese and you have the perfect hot dog.
Sergeant jfm10

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Recipes my GF found on pintrest and had to make, but were so bad not even our dogs would eat them:

Chocolate Chicken

Shrimp nestled in a nuked wheel of brie (looks like a shirmp cocktail but with cheese)
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Baked Brie should be good white WITH shrimp. It's good with fruit and or jam.

I like hotdogs with salsa conqueso and jalepenos.

Friggin autocorrect. >:-(
Last edited by 2dimes on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:37 pm

i like processed mac & cheese loaf...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Haggis. Scotch eggs. Scotch pies. It's all good.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Cod Mornay pancakes.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:28 am

Hmm, adding chillies, dried chillies, chilli powder, chilli flakes, and chilli sauce to anything that I'm slow cooking. I get bored and can't leave them alone, so if it requires a few hours on a slow heat, it will come out tasting like chillies.

I'm ok with it, but it's essentially inedible to most other people.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:50 am

Symmetry wrote:Hmm, adding chillies, dried chillies, chilli powder, chilli flakes, and chilli sauce to anything that I'm slow cooking. I get bored and can't leave them alone, so if it requires a few hours on a slow heat, it will come out tasting like chillies.

I am the same, except i add vegemite instead of chilli and not just to slow cooking, but soups, meats, veges and salads too. I add Vegemite too almost anything.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:57 am

TeeGee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Hmm, adding chillies, dried chillies, chilli powder, chilli flakes, and chilli sauce to anything that I'm slow cooking. I get bored and can't leave them alone, so if it requires a few hours on a slow heat, it will come out tasting like chillies.

I am the same, except i add vegemite instead of chilli and not just to slow cooking, but soups, meats, veges and salads too. I add Vegemite too almost anything.

When I'm on a marmite binge, I'll do the same, but maybe draw the line at salads.

To be fair, I'm probably going to try that though.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:29 am

Symmetry wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

When I'm on a marmite binge, I'll do the same, but maybe draw the line at salads.

my favourite sandwich is vegemite, tomato and lettuce
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:40 am

TeeGee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

my favourite sandwich is vegemite, tomato and lettuce

I'm not a priest, save that confession for last rites TeeGee.

That said, one of the best sandwiches I ever had was sliced burned sausages, marshmallow spread, and strawberry jam on sliced white bread.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Hot dog (preferably burned) with cream cheese

When I was in college, I would eat peanut butter, jelly, and cheddar sandwiches.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby betiko on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:12 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Recipes my GF found on pintrest and had to make, but were so bad not even our dogs would eat them:

Chocolate Chicken

Shrimp nestled in a nuked wheel of brie (looks like a shirmp cocktail but with cheese)

This isn't crazy at all.

At least cocoa with chicken.
The brie isn t a strong cheese at all so it makes sense.

Adding bacon and cheese to a hot og is just not a hotdog anymore. It isn't always the more the better.

Peanut butter and roquefort... come on duke. You're killing the roquefort there.
I admit i love roquefort with butter. Even if you re not supposed to.
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Try it...:)

I don't use enough to kill it. Just a light coating.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:22 pm

betiko wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:Recipes my GF found on pintrest and had to make, but were so bad not even our dogs would eat them:

Chocolate Chicken

This isn't crazy at all.

At least cocoa with chicken.
The brie isn t a strong cheese at all so it makes sense.

Adding bacon and cheese to a hot og is just not a hotdog anymore. It isn't always the more the better.

Peanut butter and roquefort... come on duke. You're killing the roquefort there.
I admit i love roquefort with butter. Even if you re not supposed to.

Chocolate with Chicken is not something amateurs should be pursuing. Cocoa is a bit more acceptable, but is still a very strong dominating flavor to pair with chicken.

In general seafood and cheese is a no-no. There are exceptions, and great chefs can certainly push boundaries but just because something can go together in the hands of an expert doesn't mean you should be doing it at home... I mean really cold shrimp dipped in hot cheese? You think that's ok?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:56 am

I thought you put the shrimp in with the Brie before melting. I also had to fix my response.

I love shrimp, and though it might not be my first choice, I'm pretty sure you would need something more powerful than melty Brie to ruin them for me.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:42 am

mookiemcgee wrote:Chocolate with Chicken is not something amateurs should be pursuing. Cocoa is a bit more acceptable, but is still a very strong dominating flavor to pair with chicken.

This is excellent advice. I have a friend from Venezuela. She wanted to cook some chicken in chocolate and invited people over to try it. It was a disaster on many levels.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby KoolBak on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:02 am

Yo Teege....i watched a video just the other day of americans trying vegemite....funny as hell. A buddy brought me back some when he last travelled to oz land. I will politely say it must be an acquired taste.... :D

Cannot fathom a VLT sandwich.....lol

And the crockpot thing....i simply can't leave it alone either...lmao.

Got qn old fashioned real earthenware crock going right now with 8 lbs of sauerkraut fermenting. This time I added carroway and poppy seeds as well as a,little thyme, oregano and basil. Wondering if I ruined it......loo
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:Chocolate with Chicken is not something amateurs should be pursuing. Cocoa is a bit more acceptable, but is still a very strong dominating flavor to pair with chicken.

This is excellent advice. I have a friend from Venezuela. She wanted to cook some chicken in chocolate and invited people over to try it. It was a disaster on many levels.

I've had amazing Mole from Rick Bayliss restaurants, and also from my buddy Andreas (from Mexico's) wife, she makes amazing Mole. But Mole is also a tiny bit of chocolate in with like 30 other ingredients cooked for many many hours. So again, it is possible but anyone I've ever talked to that has simply cooked chicken and chocolate together at home has failed miserably (like your friend and my GF).
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:07 pm

I was gonna say that I often add chocolate to chili, even if it's not a full-blown mole, but I guess you sorta said it for me.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:52 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I've had amazing Mole from Rick Bayliss restaurants, and also from my buddy Andreas (from Mexico's) wife, she makes amazing Mole. But Mole is also a tiny bit of chocolate in with like 30 other ingredients cooked for many many hours. So again, it is possible but anyone I've ever talked to that has simply cooked chicken and chocolate together at home has failed miserably (like your friend and my GF).

It wasn't actively terrible, just kind of weird. The first warning sign that she didn't know what she was doing was when she bought a whole raw chicken and asked me to take all the bones out.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:42 am

Symmetry wrote:...bought a whole raw chicken and asked me to take all the bones out.

That's fairly funny. Sounds like it could have gone much worse.

Many decades ago we went to my aunt's house and she bought a jar of Pizza Quick. Fairly sure that was the name. It was a particular tomato sauce and the idea was you put in on lightly toasted bread added shredded mozzarella and got pizza for kids.

So my well intentioned aunt was a bit dangerous in a kitchen. She fully toasts them, adds the sauce and a slice of Kraft processed on top, puts them in the oven and chars them pretty bad,

I went from extremely excited to, "I don't know if I can eat this." in record time.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby notyou2 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:44 am

Toasted peanut butter (crunchy) with a slice of processed cheese sandwich.
Captain notyou2

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,