Conquer Club

Yoshi Apologizes

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Yoshi Apologizes

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Dear CC Community,

In my zeal to preserve freedom of speech on the forums, I said some things which are certainly not representative of my actual views.

Please accept my apology for a post which was low, even by my own dismal standards.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Yoshi Apologizes

Postby riskllama on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:02 pm

link?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:04 pm

*apology accepted, btw
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Very nice DY! ") Thank you!
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:04 pm

typical Canadian..
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby notyou2 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:18 pm

nietzsche wrote:typical Canadian..
....I'm sorry you feel that way.
Captain notyou2

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:02 pm

GFY Doom, it's nice to see you owning up to your actions.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby IcePack on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:45 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Dear CC Community,

In my zeal to preserve freedom of speech on the forums, I said some things which are certainly not representative of my actual views.

Please accept my apology for a post which was low, even by my own dismal standards.

Freedom of speech is an amazing thing.

That being said, its often misrepresented / interpreted ("its my first amendment right!") and it doesn't mean anything / everything can or even should be said.
It also does not mean freedom of consequences for what is said, especially for one who is representing a private or public entity.
There are times and places that things said are inappropriate.

Jokes about rape, the holocaust, 9/11, etc are revolting and don't really have a place on a game site that should be focused on promoting, expanding, and building the game and Community around it.

That being said, everyone makes mistakes. I appreciate and accept the apology provided.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:18 am

Honestly DY, I accept your apology too, but the explanation behind it was BS. A non-apology. It was like a job interview answer to "What's your biggest weakness?"- "Sometimes I work too hard?"

"Sometimes I have too much zeal for freedom of speech", basically.

It's a BS answer.

Own your mistakes and move on. Don't hide behind "zeal to preserve freedom" nonsense that sound more like a crappy politician's T-shirt.

Just be honest, before saxitoxin makes "zeal to preserve freedom" his latest banner.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Keefie on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:27 am

Nice one DY =D>
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:38 am

IcePack wrote:

That being said, its often misrepresented / interpreted ("its my first amendment right!") and it doesn't mean anything / everything can or even should be said.
It also does not mean freedom of consequences for what is said, especially for one who is representing a private or public entity.

Jokes about rape, the holocaust, 9/11, etc are revolting and don't really have a place on a game site that should be focused on promoting, expanding, and building the game and Community around it.

That being said, everyone makes mistakes. I appreciate and accept the apology provided.

I would never crack a joke about the Holocaust, nope since my Grandpa died at Auschwitz.

He got drunk and fell out of the guard tower........Grandma never did get remarried....sad.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:57 am

Bernie Sanders wrote:[Game][/Game]
IcePack wrote:

I would never crack a joke about the Holocaust, nope since my Grandpa died at Auschwitz.

He got drunk and fell out of the guard tower........Grandma never did get remarried....sad.

Mister Sanders......I find your lack of respect disturbing! And if you wish to continue with these kinds of posts, You will find yourself in a lonely corner! Either this stops, or you will be forced to stop! Come back with a wise azz comment, and I'm pushing as hard as I can to take away your posting ability! I'll pay the $30 a year that CC will lose if your ousted,,,Now,,,,Apologize or try me!??
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:03 am

Bern- you don't need to apologise, imho, but you do need to quit it. You've said your piece about why the apology was kinda crappy, as have many others, but either accept it and hope that DY takes the criticism onboard, which seems moderately (no pun intended) likely, or move on.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:[Game][/Game]
IcePack wrote:

Mister Sanders......I find your lack of respect disturbing! And if you wish to continue with these kinds of posts, You will find yourself in a lonely corner! Either this stops, or you will be forced to stop! Come back with a wise azz comment, and I'm pushing as hard as I can to take away your posting ability! I'll pay the $30 a year that CC will lose if your ousted,,,Now,,,,Apologize or try me!??

I'll pay the $30 a year that CC will lose if your ousted,,,Now,,,,Apologize or try me!??

Is this the first bounty placed on the head of a poster in CC history?

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:08 am

Oh, shut up Bern. This is getting silly now.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 am

Symmetry wrote:Oh, shut up Bern. This is getting silly now.

Off topic! I demand an apology from you!

Don't make me put a 2 cent bounty on your echo chamber you call a head.

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:07 am

Bernie Sanders wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Oh, shut up Bern. This is getting silly now.

Off topic! I demand an apology from you!

Don't make me put a 2 cent bounty on your echo chamber you call a head.

Sober up and calm down.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:29 am

Even people who are good for nothing have the capacity to bring a smile to your face, for instance when you push them down the stairs.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:38 pm

IcePack wrote:

One of the best threads ot ever had was holocaust movie puns.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,