Conquer Club

thegreekdog

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

thegreekdog

Postby nietzsche on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:52 am

thegreekdog gives me the chills.

i feel he is angry, but he's hiding it.

i don't know why. he's scary.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Re: thegreekdog

Postby KoolBak on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 am

Since we're discussing the scary GD....I have a question for hiM

Are the greek as obsessed with olive oils / balsamics as the italians? Are YOU interested in this product?

I have always preferred olive oil and good balsamic for certain applications but until my son got this job managing a store called the oilerie, I had no clue how clueless I was :lol: He's doing this whilst getting his real estate broker license and we have benefitted hugely. Their aged balsamic is 25 years old and like a fine wine. Thier oilsa re to die for....here's their blurb....if you are into this shoite, love to hear an opinion.

Or anyone else that cares....

https://www.oilerie.com/STORY.html
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:38 am

nietzsche wrote:thegreekdog gives me the chills.

i feel he is angry, but he's hiding it.

i don't know why. he's scary.

:(

KoolBak wrote:Since we're discussing the scary GD....I have a question for hiM

Are the greek as obsessed with olive oils / balsamics as the italians? Are YOU interested in this product?

I have always preferred olive oil and good balsamic for certain applications but until my son got this job managing a store called the oilerie, I had no clue how clueless I was :lol: He's doing this whilst getting his real estate broker license and we have benefitted hugely. Their aged balsamic is 25 years old and like a fine wine. Thier oilsa re to die for....here's their blurb....if you are into this shoite, love to hear an opinion.

Or anyone else that cares....

https://www.oilerie.com/STORY.html

Olive oil and balsamic are a bit different in terms of my feelings on them (I have strong feelings on both).

From an olive oil perspective, I don't have any specific preference other than that it's not generic. The key with olive oil is how one uses it. For example, I make what I think is a ridiculously good Greek "peasant" salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, feta, olive oil, vinegar, garlic). That's a good use of olive oil. I also enjoy olive oil (rather than butter) with bread but the olive oil has to have something else in it (e.g. reggiano cheese). I'm not an olive oil snob so much as a snob with respect to how one uses olive oil.

I'm definitely a balsamic snob especially when it comes to its use on bread (less so on salad because I don't eat salad with balsamic - I eat real Greek salad (no lettuce) - see above). My brother purchased me a $30 bottle of balsamic for my birthday a few years ago; one of the best gifts I received although it only lasted a few days because my wife and kids are also big balsamic fans.

tl;dr - Yeah, I'm interested/obsessed
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby KoolBak on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:02 am

well shit. I wish it wasnt so expensive to ship overseas, I'd send you a bottle....this balsamic is the best shit Ive ever had. My boy now does a lot of cooking that sounds exactly like what you're describing - very gourmet to an old redneck....lol.

Wait....you're in Philly?? Want me to score a bottle for you? ;o)

An Oilerie exclusive produced in Italy just for us. The top selling product in our store and a fabulous value. If you could find this balsamic pre-bottled in a gourmet store you could expect to pay $80.00 for it. Rich, thick and luscious. Almost a liqueur. It has the density, aroma and flavor of a great 25 year old Balsamic! Use this with any of our oils for salads and bread dipping. Anyone would be grateful to receive a bottle of this superb balsamic as a gift. Sprinkle liberally over steaks, roasts, chops and chicken before cooking. This is the balsamic one drizzles over strawberries and ice cream. This balsamic has been carefully aged for the best flavor. Our offering is a stunning value! 6% acidity. Modena Italy. 12.7 oz (375mL)

AND:

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:13 am

KoolBak wrote:well shit. I wish it wasnt so expensive to ship overseas, I'd send you a bottle....this balsamic is the best shit Ive ever had. My boy now does a lot of cooking that sounds exactly like what you're describing - very gourmet to an old redneck....lol.

Wait....you're in Philly?? Want me to score a bottle for you? ;o)

An Oilerie exclusive produced in Italy just for us. The top selling product in our store and a fabulous value. If you could find this balsamic pre-bottled in a gourmet store you could expect to pay $80.00 for it. Rich, thick and luscious. Almost a liqueur. It has the density, aroma and flavor of a great 25 year old Balsamic! Use this with any of our oils for salads and bread dipping. Anyone would be grateful to receive a bottle of this superb balsamic as a gift. Sprinkle liberally over steaks, roasts, chops and chicken before cooking. This is the balsamic one drizzles over strawberries and ice cream. This balsamic has been carefully aged for the best flavor. Our offering is a stunning value! 6% acidity. Modena Italy. 12.7 oz (375mL)

Oh, I already bookmarked the site. I'm good to go and thanks for the tip.

Postby KoolBak on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:27 am

well if you want some pm me and I'll make it happen either free or much cheaper than on the site ;o)

AND:

Postby nietzsche on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:05 pm

oh we're asking greek questions.

hey tgd, do all greek women have those wonderful thick legs? i love them. just, not too thick, but slender chicks with thick legs are wonderful.

Athens in a summer day with all those women in dresses or skirts..
General nietzsche

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:09 pm

nietzsche wrote:oh we're asking greek questions.

hey tgd, do all greek women have those wonderful thick legs? i love them. just, not too thick, but slender chicks with thick legs are wonderful.

As a broad generalization, I would pose that Greek women have quite pleasantly curvy bodies up to a certain age and then, typically either after kids or in their early 40s, they tend to develop less curves and more generic heaviness... also facial hair.

tl;dr - Yes.

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Usually if I ask the ladies to go greek they ask me for an extra Benjamin
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:31 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Usually if I ask the ladies to go greek they ask me for an extra Benjamin

There is less of a stigma about that in Greece than in other places.

Postby tkr4lf on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:Usually if I ask the ladies to go greek they ask me for an extra Benjamin

I'm moving to Greece.
Major tkr4lf

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:42 pm

tkr4lf wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

I'm moving to Greece.

Guys too!

Postby nietzsche on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

As a broad generalization, I would pose that Greek women have quite pleasantly curvy bodies up to a certain age and then, typically either after kids or in their early 40s, they tend to develop less curves and more generic heaviness... also facial hair.

tl;dr - Yes.

so you're saying... divorce them before they turn 40?

how's divorce seen in that orthodox religion of them?
General nietzsche

Postby HitRed on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 pm

generic heavy

lol
Captain HitRed

Postby 2dimes on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:48 pm

Opa!
Corporal 2dimes

Postby notyou2 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:49 pm

nietzsche wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

tl;dr - Yes.

so you're saying... divorce them before they turn 40?

how's divorce seen in that orthodox religion of them?

He wouldn’t know because he’s Catholic. More of an Italian/Greekdog.
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:53 pm

I have a question.
Where do the extra virgins come from in extra virgin olive oil?
Captain notyou2

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:31 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

tl;dr - Yes.

So, kinda like Mexican women. Got it. Neetch would probably be right at home.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby HitRed on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:44 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

tl;dr - Yes.

So, kinda like Mexican women. Got it. Neetch would probably be right at home.

The Kelly McGillis Effect :cry:
Captain HitRed

Postby Serbia on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 pm

I too love Greek foods. I’m hungry. Need to wake my wife so I can eat something. That’s not rude. Don’t make that rude.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby riskllama on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:12 pm

get her to make you a plate of them little greek hamburger patties - biftekia, i think they're called. so good... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:08 pm

From an olive oil perspective, I don't have any specific preference other than that it's not generic. The key with olive oil is how one uses it. For example, I make what I think is a ridiculously good Greek "peasant" salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, feta, olive oil, vinegar, garlic). That's a good use of olive oil. I also enjoy olive oil (rather than butter) with bread but the olive oil has to have something else in it (e.g. reggiano cheese). I'm not an olive oil snob so much as a snob with respect to how one uses olive oil.

I'm definitely a balsamic snob especially when it comes to its use on bread (less so on salad because I don't eat salad with balsamic - I eat real Greek salad (no lettuce) - see above). My brother purchased me a $30 bottle of balsamic for my birthday a few years ago; one of the best gifts I received although it only lasted a few days because my wife and kids are also big balsamic fans.

tl;dr - Yeah, I'm interested/obsessed

I'd call that a village salad - i think the Greek is "hioratiki".Many a Greek lunches on that, bread, and a few fries.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby notyou2 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Perhaps I should have addressed this to TGD.
notyou2 wrote:I have a question.
Where do the extra virgins come from in extra virgin olive oil?
Captain notyou2

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,