Conquer Club

Is Global Warming The Greatest Lie In Human History?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is Global Warming The Greatest Lie In Human History?

Postby armati on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:28 pm

G. Edward Griffin Interview

https://youtu.be/1qJqjsOuY9A
Sergeant armati

Re: Is Global Warming The Greatest Lie In Human History?

Postby Neoteny on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:41 pm

I am shocked by this revelation.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby HitRed on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:00 pm

I believe...

In Urban Heat Islands
In Fossil Fuel trapping heat

The greatest cause of heating air is lack of water. Until the water on the ground evaporates the heat remains relatively low. When the water is gone the temp jumps!

In Lousianna the saying is water flows away from wealth. The rich get the higher ground. The poor get the 9th ward. In Texas water flows to wealth. If you have water on your property it's worth amazingly more.

Remove it 100% or confine it 100% we want it one way or the other. In a non-human environment aquifers are at overcapacity and springs are gushing. Wide marshes exist and pools and even natural logjams form (some also by beavers). The ground would be soft and soggy. Retaining lots of moisture.

Humans pump the aquifers, kill the springs, narrow the marshes, remove all natural dams, bulldoze, plow, trample and drain the vast amount of land.

So, the heat goes up.
Captain HitRed

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 pm

in answer to the op...Duh, it was the bible.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Denying climate change and global warming seems like one of the biggest lies out there.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:00 am

Symmetry wrote:Denying climate change and global warming seems like one of the biggest lies out there.

We should always and constantly question, research, revaluate and rethink. If we get into DONT QUESTION IT'S A FACT we'll end up in Iraq looking for weapons of mass destruction. :roll:
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:26 am

HitRed wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Denying climate change and global warming seems like one of the biggest lies out there.

We should always and constantly question, research, revaluate and rethink. If we get into DONT QUESTION IT'S A FACT we'll end up in Iraq looking for weapons of mass destruction. :roll:

You're confusing science, which is entirely about that, and is at a consensus across a huge variety of research fields and disciplines with shady spy politics, HR.

It's a false equivalency. Scientists constantly question their data. They run experiments to test it. They have to get it reviewed by their peers in order for it to be validated. Then another set of scientists will do it again, just to confirm it, and another set will try it in a different way.

Colin Powell telling a lie to the UN isn't really in the same league. Nor is some bloke who says he's just not sure that the science is settled.

Look- I know a lot of scientists working in various fields. I'm not an expert myself, but they all agree, coming from different approaches that it's happening.

So, here's the thing, scientists are always questioning, researching, re-evaluating, and rethinking. Climate change deniers are not.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:17 am

Symmetry wrote:
HitRed wrote:

You're confusing science, which is entirely about that, and is at a consensus across a huge variety of research fields and disciplines with shady spy politics, HR.

It's a false equivalency. Scientists constantly question their data. They run experiments to test it. They have to get it reviewed by their peers in order for it to be validated. Then another set of scientists will do it again, just to confirm it, and another set will try it in a different way.

Colin Powell telling a lie to the UN isn't really in the same league. Nor is some bloke who says he's just not sure that the science is settled.

Look- I know a lot of scientists working in various fields. I'm not an expert myself, but they all agree, coming from different approaches that it's happening.

So, here's the thing, scientists are always questioning, researching, re-evaluating, and rethinking. Climate change deniers are not.

failing that, i suppose one could simply step outside his or hers place of residence and just take a look around.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby armati on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 am

I read pretty much everything I could find on the subject a couple years ago.

I thought the warming and cooling arguments both had their strong points, my personal conclusion was..."I dont know"

My daughter is a scientist, she studies the earth, soil, water etc and the effects of toxins etc as well as determining the remediation requirements and procedures.

She "hangs out" with a bunch of other scientists, they along with Suzuki,Hawking and a host of others feel this warming is the result of human activity.
They are fully aware of sun cycles etc.

She and her friends have zero to gain from their position from any ngo or government organization, university etc.
They are actually attacked regularly for their stance.

Just sayin because some people think scientists get paid to argue specific points.
Sometimes, sure, how much would Hawking sell himself for?
Its just not always the case.

I still cant say for sure, but I have noticed its getting toasty and pretty smokey in places.
Sergeant armati

Postby HitRed on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:20 am

What concerns me is the attack anyone that disagrees mentality. I see it on TV a lot. It's not against the law to disagree or be skeptical. Seems some people think it is.

I believe...

In Urban Heat Islands
In Fossil Fuel trapping heat

The greatest cause of heating air is lack of water. Until the water on the ground evaporates the heat remains relatively low. When the water is gone the temp jumps!

In Lousianna the saying is water flows away from wealth. The rich get the higher ground. The poor get the 9th ward. In Texas water flows to wealth. If you have water on your property it's worth amazingly more.

Remove it 100% or confine it 100% we want it one way or the other. In a non-human environment aquifers are at overcapacity and springs are gushing. Wide marshes exist and pools and even natural logjams form (some also by beavers). The ground would be soft and soggy. Retaining lots of moisture.

Humans pump the aquifers, kill the springs, narrow the marshes, remove all natural dams, bulldoze, plow, trample and drain the vast amount of land.

So, the heat goes up.
Captain HitRed

Postby Neoteny on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 am

I don't even have the energy anymore.
Major Neoteny

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:39 am

At some point in the past, some in the conservative movement felt that a better argument against doing certain things in response to global warming was to deny man-made global warming. This unfortunately but those conservatives on the wrong side of facts and science and, more importantly, allowed the opponents of all conservatives to use the "you don't believe in science" argument. So when I get into a discussion about whether or not it's economically viable to stop cutting trees down or whether the 0.003% of plastic in the ocean from straws means we should outlaw straws, instead of getting a reasonable argument in return, I get "you don't believe in science" even though I have no argument that man-made global warming is happening (I just disagree with certain methods to combat it).

tl;dr - Conservative whackjobs ruin reasonable arguments.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:44 am

Neoteny wrote:I don't even have the energy anymore.

We don't call you The Bear for nothing. Don't give up! Ask sheet stain why the Ocean did not rise up and flood many coastal cities like scientists warned was going to happen years ago?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:55 am

You should try solar.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Neoteny on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 pm

The Bear is a much better nickname than Red.
Major Neoteny

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Don't pick on Red he seems ok.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Neoteny on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:14 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

You should try solar.

Boomer.
Major Neoteny

Postby spurgistan on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 pm

riskllama wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
HitRed wrote:

failing that, i suppose one could simply step outside his or hers place of residence and just take a look around.

Don't do that, it's too hot to go outside.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:30 pm

armati wrote:I read pretty much everything I could find on the subject a couple years ago.

I thought the warming and cooling arguments both had their strong points, my personal conclusion was..."I dont know"

My daughter is a scientist, she studies the earth, soil, water etc and the effects of toxins etc as well as determining the remediation requirements and procedures.

She "hangs out" with a bunch of other scientists, they along with Suzuki,Hawking and a host of others feel this warming is the result of human activity.
They are fully aware of sun cycles etc.

She and her friends have zero to gain from their position from any ngo or government organization, university etc.
They are actually attacked regularly for their stance.

Just sayin because some people think scientists get paid to argue specific points.
Sometimes, sure, how much would Hawking sell himself for?
Its just not always the case.

I still cant say for sure, but I have noticed its getting toasty and pretty smokey in places.

I don't think Hawking is selling himself for anything these days.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:21 am

Not after he sold himself to me. Poor fella couldn't walk for days after I was done with him.
Major tkr4lf

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:32 am

Let's look at the scientific data.

Climate change: How do we know?

The Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 650,000 years there have been seven cycles of glacial advance and retreat, with the abrupt end of the last ice age about 7,000 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

Scientific Consensus
Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position.
The evidence for rapid climate change is compelling:

Sea level rise
Global sea level rose about 8 inches in the last century. The rate in the last two decades, however, is nearly double that of the last century.

Global temperature rise
The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.

Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with 16 of the 17 warmest years on record occurring since 2001. Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year — from January through September, with the exception of June — were the warmest on record for those respective months.

Warming oceans
The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of 0.302 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969.

Shrinking ice sheets
The Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets have decreased in mass. Data from NASA's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment show Greenland lost 150 to 250 cubic kilometers (36 to 60 cubic miles) of ice per year between 2002 and 2006, while Antarctica lost about 152 cubic kilometers (36 cubic miles) of ice between 2002 and 2005

Declining Arctic sea ice
Both the extent and thickness of Arctic sea ice has declined rapidly over the last several decades.

Glacial retreat
Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere around the world — including in the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska and Africa.
Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:26 pm

These are all good facts, and i feel cause for concern. Perhaps the biggest triumph of the Trump presidency is that a huge percentage of the US population doesn't even care about this anymore because we are more concerned with the fall of our democracy.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby armati on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:47 pm

mookiemcgee

You think americans are concerned with the fall of their democracy or republic.

I dont see that, I dont think americans are well enough educated to understand it, the majority anyway.
A few do.

1 in 4 Americans & almost half of millennials deleted Facebook in wake of privacy scandals – study
Published time: 6 Sep, 2018 16:22 @ RT

This shows that americans figure they like their privacy, how many americans know the last piece of privacy they have is cash?

Dollars to donuts not very many, they prefer their tap or debit,credit card or email transfer even cryptos, almost any other option than cash.

They like their privacy, but they dont understand it, or they dont figure fighting for it is worth the effort.

I think democracy/republic is the same thing, americans just dont have the education to make any kind of difference.

They could revolt to preserve their republic, but they could have revolted the first time they heard they were losing it and they didnt, they could have revolted at the creation of the federal reserve, they should have understood, A Jackson made a big deal of eliminating the banks.

I disagree that people dont care about climate change because they fear the loss of their democracy, I think they dont care because their education is extremely poor, for the majority.

End rant. lol

We need a new planet, we've killed this one.
Sergeant armati

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:51 pm

armati wrote:mookiemcgee

You think americans are concerned with the fall of their democracy or republic.

I dont see that, I dont think americans are well enough educated to understand it, the majority anyway.
A few do.

1 in 4 Americans & almost half of millennials deleted Facebook in wake of privacy scandals – study
Published time: 6 Sep, 2018 16:22 @ RT

This shows that americans figure they like their privacy, how many americans know the last piece of privacy they have is cash?

Dollars to donuts not very many, they prefer their tap or debit,credit card or email transfer even cryptos, almost any other option than cash.

They like their privacy, but they dont understand it, or they dont figure fighting for it is worth the effort.

I think democracy/republic is the same thing, americans just dont have the education to make any kind of difference.

They could revolt to preserve their republic, but they could have revolted the first time they heard they were losing it and they didnt, they could have revolted at the creation of the federal reserve, they should have understood, A Jackson made a big deal of eliminating the banks.

I disagree that people dont care about climate change because they fear the loss of their democracy, I think they dont care because their education is extremely poor, for the majority.

End rant. lol

We need a new planet, we've killed this one.

An you were educated in America, or you just hold this position because...?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby armati on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:03 pm

lol
mookiemcgee, your answer to " you just hold this position because...?" is in my post. I provided an example etc.

I did learn to read and write in a standard n. american school.
Sergeant armati

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,