Conquer Club

Atheism. Is there more to it than just mocking people?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Atheism. Is there more to it than just mocking people?

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:55 am

Cause it seems like that's all there is.
Colonel Bigbullets

Postby 2dimes on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 am

Kind of like Christians coming to your door on Saturday morning. You are generalizing a bit here.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 am

2dimes wrote:Kind of like Christians coming to your door on Saturday morning. You are generalizing a bit here.

Mocking people is lazy.

It takes effort to go to people's doors.

I think the edge goes to the Christians.
Colonel Bigbullets

Re: Atheism. Is there more to it than just mocking people?

Postby 2dimes on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:12 am

Ok.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Neoteny on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:13 am

Richard Dawkins stopped being even vaguely relevant over a decade ago and people are still triggered by grumpy atheists.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:21 am

We sit around at the local game store every second Monday of the month and discuss ways to ridicule the unenlightened. I'll make special mention of you at the next meeting, bullets.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby 2dimes on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:26 am

Corporal 2dimes

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:36 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:We sit around at the local game store every second Monday of the month and discuss ways to ridicule the unenlightened. I'll make special mention of you at the next meeting, bullets.

I'd appreciate some creative and fresh ridicule if it's not too much to ask.

If you're going to ridicule people, at least put some effort into it.
Colonel Bigbullets

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:50 am

2dimes wrote:

Nice video.
Colonel Bigbullets

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 am

It's not just atheists ... Muslims, Jews and Buddhists whom I know all love to mock Christians! In fact I would say a big portion of the Christians I know mock Christians.

God hid Dino bones all over the earth just to test you bro, cus the world is only 5000 years old.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby riskllama on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:01 am

anybody else miss universalchiro??? besides josko, i mean...;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:08 am

mookiemcgee wrote:It's not just atheists ... Muslims, Jews and Buddhists whom I know all love to mock Christians! In fact I would say a big portion of the Christians I know mock Christians.

God hid Dino bones all over the earth just to test you bro, cus the world is only 5000 years old.

See, you're not even trying.

Of course everyone mocks Christians. Because they know they're right. You always aim for the one at the top.
Colonel Bigbullets

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Bigbullets wrote:

Of course everyone mocks The Peoples Temple Agricultural Project. Because they know they're right. You always aim for the one at the top. True faith means drinking the kool-aid

Fixed
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Bigbullets wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:It's not just atheists ... Muslims, Jews and Buddhists whom I know all love to mock Christians! In fact I would say a big portion of the Christians I know mock Christians.

Of course everyone mocks Christians. Because they know they're right. You always aim for the one at the top.

On that basis, Flat Earthers must be right.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:05 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Bigbullets wrote:

Of course everyone mocks The Peoples Temple Agricultural Project. Because they know they're right. You always aim for the one at the top. True faith means drinking the kool-aid

I like to altar peopeles qoutes because I'm lazey and uncreative.

Honesty. I like it.
Colonel Bigbullets

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:06 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
Bigbullets wrote:

Not all logical fallacies or idioms are created equal.
Colonel Bigbullets

Re: Soylent Green. Is there more to it than just people?

Postby 2dimes on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:07 pm

Hmm, flat earthers on top huh.

Because there would be an actual top of the earth instead of the South Pole like they teach in Australian schools?
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Soylent Green. Is there more to it than just people?

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:23 pm

2dimes wrote:Hmm, flat earthers on top huh.

Because there would be an actual top of the earth instead of the South Pole like they teach in Australian schools?

Didn't you know Australia is a myth?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:27 pm

I was trying to point out that your whole argument falls apart as soon as you try and add any specificty... You assert, The Christians are right... well which Christians? The Jonestown Christians that killed themselves? The Catholics that diddle little boys and girls? The Mormons? The Moonies? They can't all be right, and if you are simply asserting that everyone know 'Jesus was the messiah' then say that. But saying the chrisitans are right and everyone knows it is just a very very stupid argument.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Bigbullets wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:
Bigbullets wrote:

Did you just call Christianity a fallacy? Did everyone else see that and laugh too?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:19 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Bigbullets wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:
Bigbullets wrote:

Did you just call Christianity a fallacy? Did everyone else see that and laugh too?

I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. Sorry.
Colonel Bigbullets

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:27 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:I was trying to point out that your whole argument falls apart as soon as you try and add any specificty... You assert, The Christians are right... well which Christians? The Jonestown Christians that killed themselves? The Catholics that diddle little boys and girls? The Mormons? The Moonies? They can't all be right, and if you are simply asserting that everyone know 'Jesus was the messiah' then say that. But saying the chrisitans are right and everyone knows it is just a very very stupid argument.

It was a naked assertion, not an argument really. And a lighthearted one at that.

Thankfully, atheists don't have the problem of having to defend anything. Just mock people who actually DO believe something. Right? Good times.
Colonel Bigbullets

Postby spurgistan on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Bigbullets wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:I was trying to point out that your whole argument falls apart as soon as you try and add any specificty... You assert, The Christians are right... well which Christians? The Jonestown Christians that killed themselves? The Catholics that diddle little boys and girls? The Mormons? The Moonies? They can't all be right, and if you are simply asserting that everyone know 'Jesus was the messiah' then say that. But saying the chrisitans are right and everyone knows it is just a very very stupid argument.

It was a naked assertion, not an argument really. And a lighthearted one at that.

Thankfully, atheists don't have the problem of having to defend anything. Just mock people who actually DO believe something. Right? Good times.

Atheists tend to have better things to do than sit around and mock others. All the fun stuff, for example. I am rather jealous.
In my experience, it's the faithful who look down their noses at other faithful folks.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby Bigbullets on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:57 pm

spurgistan wrote:
Bigbullets wrote:

Atheists tend to have better things to do than sit around and mock others. All the fun stuff, for example. I am rather jealous.
In my experience, it's the faithful who look down their noses at other faithful folks.

Faithful folks can at least discuss what they believe.

I guess if I were an atheist, I probably mock people just to make myself feel better.
Colonel Bigbullets

Postby riskllama on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:58 pm

mocking others isn't about making yourself feel better, Bb...it's about making others feel worse.
Lieutenant riskllama

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,