Conquer Club

chili

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: chili

Postby KoolBak on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:15 pm

lol...I offered! You had to drive....next time ;o)
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:34 pm

That is the opposite of me bringing you beer. We were indeed heading towards home towing a trailer. If I fly there the no beers rule tightens up but maybe one day.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 am

KoolBak wrote::lol: Canooks are so cool....lol. You bring me some beer and I loves you too manno!

Here's a pic of some of my canning from last year....to damn lazy to upload another. I wish it was easier to post pix here :evil:

This is both awesome, and also why I'm afraid of getting into making preserves. I make a few infused oils- any idiot can make a decent chilli oil, for example, and that goes great on everything savoury. Making that much does let me understand why you'd want to ship stuff to Canada though. I'm guessing that's a significant portion of your Christmas list ticked off too.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby KoolBak on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:51 am

DO count them as a benny to family at xmas but not towards the actual gifts :lol: Give a lot away to friends, customers, etc. Just love making it.

What I DONT love is I only get about 2/3 of the jars back and they're expensive. You dont gimme my jar back, bitch, you dont get no mo shoite :twisted:

Everything that is liquidy is pressure cooked; the whole / chopped veggies I use citric acid and calcium carbonate. Never had / in theory CANT have any botulism which is the scary part of canning and why you should always verify any shit thats given to you...ie.....if the canner knows WTF they are doing and understands botulism and how it can grow / how it is mitigated....

Anywho....if anyone is in the states and would like to try some, I am willing to blow a certain amount on postage for friends ;o)

....just noticed theres a pic of me and my boys dirtbiking behind my shit...pic is from 10+ years ago :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:09 am

That’s awesome stuff. This is my year to get back to freezing, canning, putting up veg/fruit. Just way too much salt/sugar/shitte in industrialized foods. At 56, even though I work a physical job now as opposed to being an exec behind a desk? I’ve seen my blood sugar and blood pressure spike because of poor food prep habits. And? I always enjoyed it. Time to re-embrace.

I will always send back your jars btw...
Major elfish_lad

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:27 pm

KoolBak wrote:DO count them as a benny to family at xmas but not towards the actual gifts :lol: Give a lot away to friends, customers, etc. Just love making it.

What I DONT love is I only get about 2/3 of the jars back and they're expensive. You dont gimme my jar back, bitch, you dont get no mo shoite :twisted:

Everything that is liquidy is pressure cooked; the whole / chopped veggies I use citric acid and calcium carbonate. Never had / in theory CANT have any botulism which is the scary part of canning and why you should always verify any shit thats given to you...ie.....if the canner knows WTF they are doing and understands botulism and how it can grow / how it is mitigated....

Anywho....if anyone is in the states and would like to try some, I am willing to blow a certain amount on postage for friends ;o)

....just noticed theres a pic of me and my boys dirtbiking behind my shit...pic is from 10+ years ago :lol:

I'd be pissed too if people didn't give back a decent preserving jar. I actually mentioned you to a member of my family recently as someone who epically pickled and she suggested two things. One is actually a book I gave her as a present a while ago, but thought would just get filed away-

https://www.amazon.com/Lets-Preserve-Square-Cookery-Classics/dp/0224086731

Turns out it was actually one of the only books I've given as a present that someone read.

The other was, make homemade ketchup. Apparently everyone in her neighbourhood likes it. You might have to control for false compliments about receiving a jar of ketchup from a neighbour though.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:32 pm

I had a batch of ketchup explode once.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:42 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:I had a batch of ketchup explode once.

Did it belong to a rival condiment gang?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Symmetry wrote:I actually mentioned you to a member of my family recently as someone who epically pickled

I was epically pickled through most of the second half of high school.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:15 am

Symmetry wrote:

No, it was just that the fermentation was more intense than I intended. Made a helluva mess.

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:16 am

jonesthecurl wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

No, it was just that the fermentation was more intense than I intended. Made a helluva mess. Poor Annie was standing nearby at the critical moment.

Postby 2dimes on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:47 am

Annie are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok Annie?
Corporal 2dimes

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,