Conquer Club

Time for facing hard realities

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Time for facing hard realities

Postby HitRed on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Symmetry wrote:
HitRed wrote:Normally loosing The White House, Senate, House of Rep., The Supreem Court and most Govern-ships should cause change in the loosing party. With the unemployment rate at 3.7% Trump is squarely looking to return the African-American vote to the party of Lincoln. Its in the cards. Historic if it happens.

That was a deeply dishonest post.

Watch the Topeka Kansas rally. He clearly wants Afican-American votes.
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:26 pm

HitRed wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
HitRed wrote:Normally loosing The White House, Senate, House of Rep., The Supreem Court and most Govern-ships should cause change in the loosing party. With the unemployment rate at 3.7% Trump is squarely looking to return the African-American vote to the party of Lincoln. Its in the cards. Historic if it happens.

That was a deeply dishonest post.

Watch the Topeka Kansas rally. He clearly wants Afican-American votes.

No, he really doesn't.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:30 pm

patches70 wrote:If Trump drags the US into another war then he won't get reelected, period. You probably don't believe me when I say that was the most important thing he talked about during his campaign, more important than the immigration issues. Americans are not a blood thirsty people. We don't want to fight wars, we don't want to fight other people's wars. We don't want to shed or blood to replace one tyrant with a new set of tyrants. Americans in general don't want to get involved in other nation's internal struggles. We don't want to be the policemen of the world. Americans don't like bullies and we won't stand for our country being a bully if we can stop it. Americans in general want to find ways to cooperate with others, including Russia and even China. We don't want to antagonize others.

That may be true for you. It isn't true for most.

I was in the U.S. when Reagan invaded Granada. I was in a bar and when the pictures came on TV people were laughing and cheering and hugging and kissing each other and practically blowing cum on the ceiling. Now, Granada was a tiny little pipsqueek of a nation, the Liechtenstein of the Caribbean. Invading Granada was sort of like beating the little short kid out of his lunch money, but they were just so thrilled that the good ol' US of A was finally invading someone again, anyone, anyone large or small, that they were practically pissing themselves with excitement.

There were only eight years of peace between the end of the Vietnam war and the invasion of Granada, but America was just so sick and tired of that dreadfully long peace and so ecstatic to finally be back at war, even a little war, they were happy to take it.

Flash forward about 30 years. For a long time I didn't go to the states, and then at the beginning of the current decade I was long-hauling for about a year and a half and spending lots and lots of time in the U.S. I'd sit in a truck-stop, kept to myself, but I'd listen to the conversations of the locals, and the number one conversation I'd hear would be about "bombing those fuckers back into the Stone Age". Iraq? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! Afghanistan? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! Cuba? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! Korea? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! France? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! Like a mantra. Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age!

I don't think I ever heard anyone say one good word about any foreign country. Any talk of a foreign land quickly and inexorably got around to the subject of how many bombs would be dropped on it and how quickly that country would cease to exist. No, I'm not buying this feel-good story about your peace-loving electorate. War is your number one spectator sport. Sure, you'll settle for baseball or football if there's no war to be had, but just drop a couple bombs on some hapless Third World country and watch people leap for the remote control to switch from the baseball game to the bombing!

The rhetoric that Trump is using about Iran is almost identical to the rhetoric that the Bushes used about Iraq. Sure as a bear shits in the woods, you're being set up and molded to accept the invasion of Iran when it happens, most likely in the last six months before the 2020 election.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby armati on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Seems we agree on something Dukasaur.
Sergeant armati

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:37 am

armati wrote:Seems we agree on something Dukasaur.

Awesome...:)
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:08 am

saxitoxin wrote:Agree with patches on DiFi. This is the woman who had a Chinese intelligence operative on her staff for 20 years while she had the highest levels of security clearance... and then has the audacity to crow about a Russia conspiracy theory. The only thing keeping her out of prison is the fact she's 90 and could plead senility in a trial making it difficult to convict.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/ ... francisco/

Chinese spies - infiltrate America deeply, stay in place for decades

American spies - get rounded up and detained/executed by the Chinese government on the regular

America is so bad at spying, even its own spies would rather work for China :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby armati on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:16 pm

10/02/2018 10 Famously Hard-Core Female Spies LV
http://listverse.com/2018/09/24/10-famo ... ale-spies/
There is some spies most people never heard of.

The Americans did have the occasional successful spy, Herbert O Yardly for example, broke the Japanese codes in the early thirties.
Pearl Harbor was no surprise, which is why ya dont hear of the guy.
Governments prefer history the way they find it favorable to their aims.

In the second world war (I dont know about the first except for Mata Hari) the most effective/successful spies, or best anyway, were Russian.
Thing was, Stalin didnt believe anything they said until Kursk...which is why they won that battle.

The worst most horrible spies were German, and Hitler believed pretty much everything they said. Go figure.

The Russians were unreal even after the war, it was a Russian spy that fked up and informed the americans they had no nukes, which they thought they had.

Knowing that allowed Stalin to present the middle finger to the americans when they did the bomber fly over of east Berlin, Stalin knew they were not armed.

The Russians had the americans and British completely infiltrated, which contributes to the paranoia today.

Really neat intrigue, mystery, deception,courage and devotion to causes in those stories if anyone ever got interested.
Sergeant armati

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:10 pm

armati wrote:10/02/2018 10 Famously Hard-Core Female Spies LV
http://listverse.com/2018/09/24/10-famo ... ale-spies/
There is some spies most people never heard of.

The Americans did have the occasional successful spy, Herbert O Yardly for example, broke the Japanese codes in the early thirties.
Pearl Harbor was no surprise, which is why ya dont hear of the guy.
Governments prefer history the way they find it favorable to their aims.

In the second world war (I dont know about the first except for Mata Hari) the most effective/successful spies, or best anyway, were Russian.
Thing was, Stalin didnt believe anything they said until Kursk...which is why they won that battle.

The worst most horrible spies were German, and Hitler believed pretty much everything they said. Go figure.

The Russians were unreal even after the war, it was a Russian spy that fked up and informed the americans they had no nukes, which they thought they had.

Knowing that allowed Stalin to present the middle finger to the americans when they did the bomber fly over of east Berlin, Stalin knew they were not armed.

The Russians had the americans and British completely infiltrated, which contributes to the paranoia today.

Really neat intrigue, mystery, deception,courage and devotion to causes in those stories if anyone ever got interested.

Weirdly this is sorta right, but also obviously wrong too. Part of Russian society was always about spying on others, and that reached from Tsarist era Russia, through the Soviet period, and into the modern day. I don't think any agents really successfully pulled off a coup spy wise within Russia during the Cold War. At best, the paranoia that there might be spies drove people to defect and seek a better life, free from the whims of a corrupt new tsar, albeit with a new name and title.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby armati on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Again, full of poop sym.

Try a little bran, might help unclog ya.
Sergeant armati

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:12 pm

armati wrote:Again, full of poop sym.

Try a little bran, might help unclog ya.

Ah- you're just going to flame now? I thought you were better than that....

... just kidding, nobody thought you were better than that.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:37 am

Dukasaur wrote:
patches70 wrote:If Trump drags the US into another war then he won't get reelected, period. You probably don't believe me when I say that was the most important thing he talked about during his campaign, more important than the immigration issues. Americans are not a blood thirsty people. We don't want to fight wars, we don't want to fight other people's wars. We don't want to shed or blood to replace one tyrant with a new set of tyrants. Americans in general don't want to get involved in other nation's internal struggles. We don't want to be the policemen of the world. Americans don't like bullies and we won't stand for our country being a bully if we can stop it. Americans in general want to find ways to cooperate with others, including Russia and even China. We don't want to antagonize others.

That may be true for you. It isn't true for most.

I was in the U.S. when Reagan invaded Granada. I was in a bar and when the pictures came on TV people were laughing and cheering and hugging and kissing each other and practically blowing cum on the ceiling. Now, Granada was a tiny little pipsqueek of a nation, the Liechtenstein of the Caribbean. Invading Granada was sort of like beating the little short kid out of his lunch money, but they were just so thrilled that the good ol' US of A was finally invading someone again, anyone, anyone large or small, that they were practically pissing themselves with excitement.

There were only eight years of peace between the end of the Vietnam war and the invasion of Granada, but America was just so sick and tired of that dreadfully long peace and so ecstatic to finally be back at war, even a little war, they were happy to take it.

Flash forward about 30 years. For a long time I didn't go to the states, and then at the beginning of the current decade I was long-hauling for about a year and a half and spending lots and lots of time in the U.S. I'd sit in a truck-stop, kept to myself, but I'd listen to the conversations of the locals, and the number one conversation I'd hear would be about "bombing those fuckers back into the Stone Age". Iraq? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! Afghanistan? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! Cuba? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! Korea? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! France? Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age! Like a mantra. Bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age!

I don't think I ever heard anyone say one good word about any foreign country. Any talk of a foreign land quickly and inexorably got around to the subject of how many bombs would be dropped on it and how quickly that country would cease to exist. No, I'm not buying this feel-good story about your peace-loving electorate. War is your number one spectator sport. Sure, you'll settle for baseball or football if there's no war to be had, but just drop a couple bombs on some hapless Third World country and watch people leap for the remote control to switch from the baseball game to the bombing!

The rhetoric that Trump is using about Iran is almost identical to the rhetoric that the Bushes used about Iraq. Sure as a bear shits in the woods, you're being set up and molded to accept the invasion of Iran when it happens, most likely in the last six months before the 2020 election.

We should bomb the Canadians back to the stone age.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby HitRed on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:39 am

At least pre-Atari. Life would be hard without Pole Position. :lol:
Captain HitRed

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:25 pm

HitRed wrote:At least pre-Atari. Life would be hard without Pole Position. :lol:

:D
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,