Conquer Club

Elizabeth Warren: 1/1020th Native American!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should Pocahontes issue an apology to real Native Americans for stealing a job from them?

Yes
40%
Absolutely
40%
She Sure Should
20%

Total votes : 5

Re: Elizabeth Warren: 1/1020th Native American!

Postby Neoteny on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 am

tzor wrote:
Neoteny wrote:God, this is such a classic tzorian response. I have a decision to make as to how to respond. Let me just list my options.

Thank you. I really try my best, but as this place isn't the best location to write entire articles I really don't bother explaining all the details.

Besides, this place wouldn't be as fun if I were perfectly clear and not a source of occasional confusion.

You might want to assume that the racist Democrats were isolated to the south, but it really was never so. Not all racists were slave owners and really even some of the comments of Lincoln himself wouldn't pass muster in a proper society dreamed of by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I should also point out that I hold the abuse and mistreatment of immigrants to the north by Democratic Party machines such as Tammany Hall in as much contempt as I hold their equivalents in the South. But I wasn't even talking about that so ... whatever.

Wikipedia wrote:The one-drop rule was made law, though primarily in the U.S. South, also in other states, in the 20th century—decades after the Civil War, emancipation, and the Reconstruction era. It followed restoration of white supremacy in the South and the passage of Jim Crow racial segregation laws. In the 20th century, it was also associated with the rise of eugenics and ideas of racial purity.

Jim Crow laws reached their greatest influence during the decades from 1910 to 1930. Among them were hypodescent laws, defining as black anyone with any black ancestry, or with a very small portion of black ancestry. Tennessee adopted such a "one-drop" statute in 1910, and Louisiana soon followed. Then Texas and Arkansas in 1911, Mississippi in 1917, North Carolina in 1923, Virginia in 1924, Alabama and Georgia in 1927, and Oklahoma in 1931. During this same period, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Utah retained their old "blood fraction" statutes de jure, but amended these fractions (one-sixteenth, one-thirty-second) to be equivalent to one-drop de facto.

Before 1930, individuals of visible mixed European and African ancestry were usually classed as mulatto, or sometimes as black and sometimes as white, depending on appearance. Previously, most states had limited trying to define ancestry before "the fourth degree" (great-great-grandparents). But, in 1930, due to lobbying by southern legislators, the Census Bureau stopped using the classification of mulatto. Documentation of the long social recognition of mixed-race people was lost.

The binary world of the one-drop rule disregarded the self-identification both of people of mostly European ancestry who grew up in white communities, and of people who were of mixed race and identified as American Indian. In addition, Walter Plecker, Registrar of Statistics, ordered application of the 1924 Virginia law in such a way that vital records were changed or destroyed, family members were split on opposite sides of the color line, and there were losses of the documented continuity of people who identified as American Indian, as all people in Virginia had to be classified as white or black. Over the centuries, many Indian tribes in Virginia had absorbed people of other ethnicities through marriage or adoption, but maintained their cultures. Suspecting blacks of trying to "pass" as Indians, Plecker ordered records changed to classify people only as black or white, and ordered offices to reclassify certain family surnames from Indian to black.

Since the late 20th century, Virginia has officially recognized eight American Indian tribes and their members; the tribes are trying to gain federal recognition. They have had difficulty because decades of birth, marriage, and death records were misclassified under Plecker's application of the law. No one was classified as Indian, although many individuals and families identified that way and were preserving their cultures.

The eugenicist Madison Grant of New York wrote in his book, The Passing of the Great Race (1916): "The cross between a white man and an Indian is an Indian; the cross between a white man and a Negro is a Negro; the cross between a white man and a Hindu is a Hindu; and the cross between any of the three European races and a Jew is a Jew." As noted above, Native American tribes such as the Omaha, which had patrilineal descent and inheritance, used hypodescent to classify the children of white men and Native American women as white.

Note the last quote "of New York." Yes this is no Southern thing anymore. Then again the whole idea of the "minimum wage" was a way for white northern unions to keep blacks from moving from the south to the jobs in the north where they would gladly work for less money just to be able to work at all. Slaves, Immigrants and Unions were always the legs upon which the Democratic party built its stool.

And back to my point in which I will boringly link the Wikipedia article on the Nuremberg Laws where being 1/8 Jew still make you a good old fashioned German and being only 1/4 German made you mixed race.

So I'm sure this is already too long;didn't read but since next month is National Novel Writing Month I needed some practice at quickly writing out a ton of boring word count. I'm not going to bother to explain how this attitude of New York Democrats (among all the other Democrats) of the post civil war relates to all the various groups we see today including "Black Lives Matter" (except when they are killed by Black gang members). Segregating people into groups is the key to Alinsky tactics of isolation and personalization.

There is no way I'm going to read this.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:20 am

KoolBak wrote:I'm mostly (using the term relatively) of Irish ancestry :D

*hoists perpetual whisky*

That;s not how the Irish spell that drink.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Re: Elizabeth Warren Tangos with Trump, Trump Wins

Postby tzor on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:32 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
tzor wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:(Actually I've never heard Breitbart News Daily. Is it a radio show or podcast?)

It's on 6 am - 9 am eastern on the Patriot Channel of Sirius / XM satellite radio.

I'll listen to it for a few minutes tomorrow.

These are my Sirius / XM presets:

#1 - BBC World Service
#2 - Met Opera Radio
#3 - Deep House Chill Zone
#4 - Bloomberg
#5 - Spa Channel (if traffic is bad and I'm tense)
#6 - [CURRENTLY UNASSIGNED]

Definitely assign 125 to #6

I also love the spa channel too, especially in city traffic.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Neoteny wrote:God, this is such a classic tzorian response. I have a decision to make as to how to respond. Let me just list my options.

Neoteny wrote:There is no way I'm going to read this.

Q.E.D.
Cadet tzor

Postby Neoteny on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:02 pm

tzor wrote:

Neoteny wrote:There is no way I'm going to read this.

Q.E.D.

Yeah, I definitely left out the fourth option of completely ignoring the site's resident bloviatron. Consider, I have this condition where I compulsively respond to long posts with other long posts, so ordinarily that resistance would require a massive force of will. I desperately need to have the last word for some reason. See any thread with greek in it. He truly brings out the worst in me. That I see one of your posts and feel immediately queasy at the thought of taking the words into my brain and processing them, much less responding to them, demonstrates how little regard I have for your opinions.

I sincerely regret the first response I made, and, scanning through to see that half your post is merely copied from wikipedia, would like to reiterate that I will not be reading any of that.
Major Neoteny

Postby tzor on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Neoteny wrote:I sincerely regret the first response I made, and, scanning through to see that half your post is merely copied from wikipedia, would like to reiterate that I will not be reading any of that.

I figure I have three options.
  1. I could simply pontificate without any references whatsoever
  2. I could have all my sources be print materials or behind paywalls
  3. I can link to Wikipedia

Honestly, they all suck but which sucks the least? My thought is the Wikipedia option.
Cadet tzor

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:50 pm

It appears that I'm one of the only people who appreciates tzor's posts. I just wish he would respond in the other thread :(
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:12 am

In another thread (same Forum) Tzor shows that he cannot debate, cannot refute, and cannot even stay on topic. He pouts and RUNS away from the debate. I see a similar proclivity here. Do not expect any more good posts by Tzor; he seems very incapable of doing so with any regularity. (BTW: Check the Global Warming Discussion and Debate.)

JP

tzor on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:42 am
jusplay4fun wrote:You really do not get it, do you?

And you have never gotten anything so I am no longer responding to you because you think when I respond to someone else I am responding to you.

DoomYoshi wrote:It appears that I'm one of the only people who appreciates tzor's posts. I just wish he would respond in the other thread :(
Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Re: Elizabeth Warren Tangos with Trump, Trump Wins

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:29 am

tzor wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
tzor wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:(Actually I've never heard Breitbart News Daily. Is it a radio show or podcast?)

It's on 6 am - 9 am eastern on the Patriot Channel of Sirius / XM satellite radio.

I'll listen to it for a few minutes tomorrow.

These are my Sirius / XM presets:

#1 - BBC World Service
#2 - Met Opera Radio
#3 - Deep House Chill Zone
#4 - Bloomberg
#5 - Spa Channel (if traffic is bad and I'm tense)
#6 - [CURRENTLY UNASSIGNED]

Definitely assign 125 to #6

I also love the spa channel too, especially in city traffic.

My listening routine is basically this:

- Weeknights: Met Opera Radio
- Weekend Nights: Deep House Chill Zone
- Traffic: Spa Channel
- Day: BBC World Service
- Day: Bloomberg (if the BBC has one of their dumb programs like World Book Club or The Documentary or Boston Calling or if the host is an Indian who I can't understand, but I love HARD TALK and Business Matters with Fergus Nicoll)
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:46 am

DoomYoshi wrote:It appears that I'm one of the only people who appreciates tzor's posts.

I appreciate tzor's posts. He's usually wrong, but he's one of the few people around here who actually has the common decency to explain his reasoning so you can figure out why he's wrong.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby tzor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:01 am

jusplay4fun wrote:In another thread (same Forum) Tzor shows that he cannot debate, cannot refute, and cannot even stay on topic.

In every thread, justplay4fun proves that he has an ax on his shoulder. He makes the arguments (the sky is blue therefore communism) and constantly wants to prove the premise in spite of the fact that the premise doesn't support the conclusion. When one points that out he complains that you are not "on topic." Why should I waste my time with someone who never listens and almost never directly responds to the arguments?
Cadet tzor

Postby Neoteny on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:02 am

tzor wrote:
Neoteny wrote:I sincerely regret the first response I made, and, scanning through to see that half your post is merely copied from wikipedia, would like to reiterate that I will not be reading any of that.

I figure I have three options.
  1. I could simply pontificate without any references whatsoever
  2. I could have all my sources be print materials or behind paywalls
  3. I can link to Wikipedia

Honestly, they all suck but which sucks the least? My thought is the Wikipedia option.

Just embed the link, bro.

EDIT: if it makes you feel any better, I don't read any posts from Armati, the ram, or patches anymore if they're longer than about a paragraph. You're in... well, you're in company.
Major Neoteny

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,