Conquer Club

What happened?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What happened?

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:36 am

I was gone for a few months and the OT forums turn weirdly right wing?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: What happened?

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:50 am

It went down slightly since I bought my koala but it will probably go up in 2029 for sure. Start with this. https://silvergoldbull.ca/silvergoldbull-silver-bar If it goes up $5/oz you make $50. Sorry I can't translate that into £ sterling.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 am

Yup, that was definitely weird.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:59 am

We're we ever anything else?

This one is shinier than the one I just bought but I like patina.

Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 am

You a bit bored?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:14 am

No. I did have a bit of reflux but the crayfish is frozen to get here. So no surprise.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:17 am

2dimes wrote:No. I did have a bit of reflux but the crayfish is frozen to get here. So no surprise.

TMI, 2D. Perhaps choose to share less.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 am

Some claim red bell peppers are the best source of vitamin C per calorie.

I imagine you pronounce that with a soft I sound.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:34 am

Ah, ok, I maybe get your point. You feel that my thread isn't worth discussing?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:37 am

I wouldn't say that. Maybe I'm just not qualified.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:44 am

2dimes wrote:I wouldn't say that. Maybe I'm just not qualified.

Lol, you don't really need to be qualified to talk to me. Just be less of an arse next time, if that's ok.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:51 am

Who is calling whom names here just for not caring about the political climate of the board, then deciding he better not make your thread into a discussion about precious metals?

I was not mocking your pronunciation of vitamin. Mine might be the one that is incorrect.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:27 am

Symmetry wrote:
2dimes wrote:I wouldn't say that. Maybe I'm just not qualified.

Lol, you don't really need to be qualified to talk to me. Just be less of an arse next time, if that's ok.

2dimes wrote:Who is calling whom names here just for not caring about the political climate of the board, then deciding he better not make your thread into a discussion about precious metals?

I was not mocking your pronunciation of vitamin. Mine might be the one that is incorrect.

Just be less of an arse by maybe a notch or two?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:11 am

I think DY Bot has got into 2dimes' account.

2dimes wrote:No. I did have a bit of reflux but the crayfish is frozen to get here. So no surprise.

Sounds like we had similar Fridays. I had some super spicy noodles at dinner and my ass exploded pretty much the second I got home.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:01 am

You should get out of the thread too Mr swdk, he's just here to textually attack people. Leave him be while he assists his friend The Ram to make accusations of dukasaur making up stories about women being oppressed and seeking asylum. He probably thinks the government of Pakistan is being maligned by Fake News.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:08 am

He's probably just here promoting Guardian subscriptions or something.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:32 am

mrswdk wrote:He's probably just here promoting Guardian subscriptions or something.

For just 1 pound a month, you can support free journalism.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby The ram on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Symmetry wrote:I was gone for a few months and the OT forums turn weirdly right wing?

Looks like the forum is finally reflecting reality eh, or don't you prescribe to life on earth?

I've got a question for you. Let's say a woman gets one of those sex changes or gender reassignment in your lingo. She's now got a cock and a little bit of pubescent facial hair, would you still rim it?
Cadet The ram

Postby The ram on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:56 pm

2dimes wrote:You should get out of the thread too Mr swdk, he's just here to textually attack people. Leave him be while he assists his friend The Ram to make accusations of dukasaur making up stories about women being oppressed and seeking asylum. He probably thinks the government of Pakistan is being maligned by Fake News.

You really shouldn't drink alone dimesy. Is the wife out ' delegating ' tonight ?
Cadet The ram

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Symmetry wrote:I was gone for a few months and the OT forums turn weirdly right wing?

Whatchya been up to?
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby waauw on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm

You could just move to reddit. I hear that website's majority lefty.
Thought that might actually be though for you as they moderate against trolls there.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 pm

waauw wrote:You could just move to reddit. I hear that website's majority lefty.

That's kind of the problem with the world, though, isn't it? People migrating to echo chambers where they can hear their own ideas repeated back to them?

While it's nice when I come across someone who agrees with me on something, the joy is mild and brief. True personal growth only comes from debating ideas with people whose ideas are different, sometimes even radically different.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby waauw on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
waauw wrote:You could just move to reddit. I hear that website's majority lefty.

That's kind of the problem with the world, though, isn't it? People migrating to echo chambers where they can hear their own ideas repeated back to them?

While it's nice when I come across someone who agrees with me on something, the joy is mild and brief. True personal growth only comes from debating ideas with people whose ideas are different, sometimes even radically different.

I agree with you, but I don't think most people here are worth debating. It's mostly just sophistry and argument evasion, or worse name calling and heated statements.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

waauw wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I agree with you, but I don't think most people here are worth debating. It's mostly just sophistry and argument evasion, or worse name calling and heated statements.

The average, English-speaking resident of MegaCity One doesn't know what the word sophistry means but waauw - who is from a country the size of an average Costco that has three official languages - just drops it into his sentences without a care in the world.

Corporal saxitoxin

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,