Conquer Club

HAPPY 212th B-DAY ROBERT E. LEE!!!!!!!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

HAPPY 212th B-DAY ROBERT E. LEE!!!!!!!!

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:32 am

----------HAPPY 212TH BIRTHDAY OLD BOBBY LEE :D :D :D =D> =D> =D> ...Say ,I know...I think a statue would be a great surprise gift... ;) ...Not make one...Just put some back out...I hear there is one in Dallas, waiting to see the light of day again in a park... 8-) 8-) 8-) O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...I'll re post 3 - Heroes born in Jan... :)
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: HAPPY 212th B-DAY ROBERT E. LEE!!!!!!!!

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:29 am

How about a statue of Putin at The White House? He's doing a real good job of advising our President.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby armati on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:35 pm

The deep state has been choosing the pres for over 100 years.

If voting mattered they wouldnt let ya do it. Think Mark Twain said it first, at least he might have been the first guy to have been recorded saying it.
Coulda been a common saying during his time.

Blaming Putin or anyone else for Trumps election is a distraction for the simple minded.
Investigating what Hillory did to Bernie would be wiser......oooops, she's untouchable sorry.

The communication between Trump and Putin, thats another story.

JFK had alot of communication with Khrushchev during the cold war.
Them talking actually saved the planet from obliteration, so personally I see advantages to the leaders of the nuclear nations communicating.

Other people believe a nuclear war can be won, so to itch his own I guess. lol

And happy birthday RE Lee.
Sergeant armati

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:40 pm

Just like Benedict Arnold and Robert E Lee.....Trump has sold out his country to the Russians and Saudi Arabia. Except Benedict Arnold sold out his country to a British whore and Robert E Lee sold out his country for the right to free labor.

No wonder Trump does not want his tax returns to become public.

Deep State? That's laughable!

Postby armati on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Robert E Lee sold out his country?

Well, guess your showing the education level of those that are unaware of a "deep state".

"Deep State is a fuzzy term. I would propose that the sensible meaning of that term is that it is the managerial class who runs the government in the service of certain interests regardless of the wishes of voters."One needs to think about the systemic structure, and what are the strategic levers of control. I canā€™t think of any more important levers than control of 1) finance; and 2) information, aka ā€˜hearts and mindsā€™, via mass media and education.

"To understand what is going on today, and where we will be pressured to go tomorrow, it is key to understand the history of control of institutions of money/finance and information. Also, but I would suggest second tier, MIC (or MIICC), legal system, energy, transport, medicine, food...."

yup its a copy paste.

If ya dont like the prez Bern, vote, that should change things. lol
Sergeant armati

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:51 am

armati wrote:Robert E Lee sold out his country?

Well, guess your showing the education level of those that are unaware of a "deep state".

"Deep State is a fuzzy term. I would propose that the sensible meaning of that term is that it is the managerial class who runs the government in the service of certain interests regardless of the wishes of voters."One needs to think about the systemic structure, and what are the strategic levers of control. I canā€™t think of any more important levers than control of 1) finance; and 2) information, aka ā€˜hearts and mindsā€™, via mass media and education.

"To understand what is going on today, and where we will be pressured to go tomorrow, it is key to understand the history of control of institutions of money/finance and information. Also, but I would suggest second tier, MIC (or MIICC), legal system, energy, transport, medicine, food...."

yup its a copy paste.

If ya dont like the prez Bern, vote, that should change things. lol

All U.S. military officers, including Robert E Lee had to pledge allegiance to the U.S. Constitution. Robert E Lee violated this oath. He's a fukn traitor as is General "Lock her up" Flynn

https://history.army.mil/index.html

Your Deep State conspiracy is just that.

Wherever you get your news and information is the Real Fake News.

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:06 am

I get that you convinced a few of the mods, but even this is a bit crude as a kind of victory dance. Jesus- at least a few mods will pick up that your threads are attacking the idea of MLK day:

A Reminder That Two Southern States Still Celebrate Robert E. Leeā€™s Birthday on MLK Day

Obviously you're pushing the idea that Lee, who slaughtered thousands of troops in favour of a slave state that butchered (literally, treated like meat, not as human) thousands more should be equally celebrated as Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

MLK who marched peacefully and did more for the US than any traitor to it. Led nobody to slaughter against the US. Led no betrayal of his country. Inspired peace not murder.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:51 am

Symmetry wrote:I get that you convinced a few of the mods, but even this is a bit crude as a kind of victory dance. Jesus- at least a few mods will pick up that your threads are attacking the idea of MLK day:

A Reminder That Two Southern States Still Celebrate Robert E. Leeā€™s Birthday on MLK Day

Obviously you're pushing the idea that Lee, who slaughtered thousands of troops in favour of a slave state that butchered (literally, treated like meat, not as human) thousands more should be equally celebrated as Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

MLK who marched peacefully and did more for the US than any traitor to it. Led nobody to slaughter against the US. Led no betrayal of his country. Inspired peace not murder.

+1
twice in one week

Btw, check out the cleaned up text on Pi. Tired to make it less wordy.
Captain HitRed

Postby karel on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Robert lee birthday should be a federal holiday,if mlk gets one so should he.Its only fairr
Corporal karel

Postby riskllama on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:45 pm

karel wrote:Robert lee birthday should be a federal holiday,if mlk gets one so should he.Its only fairr

lol, why?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby HitRed on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 pm

He was lucky he got to live the rest of his life in the USA. Says a lot about forgiveness.
Captain HitRed

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 am

------The left can't erase the truth of History!!!!! :D O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D O:)
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:46 am

ConfederateSS wrote:------The left can't erase the truth of History!!!!! :D O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D O:)

The Republican Party has chased all moderates/centrists out of their party, these people were referred as RINOs. These moderates/centrists are also now referred as leftists.

GOP tent is getting smaller and more extreme.....prior to the Democrats victory and taking over The House in January 2019.....their golden years of power is their last hurry. GOP ideology of hate and taking away consumer protection, taking away worker rights, taking away voting rights, taking away the safety net and giving away more cash to the very rich, taking away a woman's reproduction rights, taking away civil rights .........and sucking up to The Russians and Saudi Arabian is the death knell of the Republican Party.

Thank you President Trump, as you have made it possible to show how shallow and spineless the Republicans are. You made all the GOP candidates for President in 2016 look like a bunch of idiots and weak kneed, ha-ha-ha! You turned the GOP from Russian haters to Russian cock suckers and North Korean haters to North Korean anal lickers.

Truth and facts are no longer a concern to the The GOP.....

What a fukkked up political organization the GOP has degraded to. The intolerance has grown since the 1980s and now has the Republicans acting like the Nazis toward the end of the war....calling anyone a traitor if they don't agree with Das Fuhre aka The Donald.

Postby armati on Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:35 pm

"Truth and facts are no longer a concern to the The GOP....."

Could you tell me when truth and fact were ever a concern for either party?

Other than Eisenhowers last speech I guess. He knew full well the country had been taken.

Course he had the loyalty of the army and didnt do anything either so I guess he was full of poop too.
Sergeant armati

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:37 pm

HitRed wrote:He was lucky he got to live the rest of his life in the USA. Says a lot about forgiveness.

Well, said, HR, but I don't think it was luck. Lee's State would have slaughtered any African-American man who supported the United States if he'd succeeded. Butchered their wives, sold their kids as meat for farms.

What Lee got in the end, for the atrocities he committed, and for the atrocities he perpetrated them for was a kind of mercy. A mercy to hold a nation together, and that he barely deserved only as a figurehead, and never as a man.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:23 am

riskllama wrote:
karel wrote:Robert lee birthday should be a federal holiday,if mlk gets one so should he.Its only fairr

lol, why?

umm he was a great general
Corporal karel

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:20 am

karel wrote:
riskllama wrote:

lol, why?

I agree with kkkarel, All great treasonous Generals need a federal holiday. Let's include General Flynn who was willing to sell out his country to Russia. Let's not forget Benedict Arnold!

Loyalty to The United States of America is no longer prerequisite for Republicans.

Party before Country!

God bless the Republican Party!

LET'S MAKE AMERICA WHITE AGAIN!

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:58 pm

karel wrote:
riskllama wrote:

lol, why?

Not really, although I guess that is part of the post-war myth in the US. He certainly got a lot of his soldiers killed, and killed a lot of loyal soldiers.

Grant was the superior general, obviously, but people like the myth of a noble underdog, and tend to forget the awful cause Lee slaughtered so many people for.

I get the purpose of this thread- to somehow denigrate MLK or render an equivalency between him and Lee, who fought for Whites.

Just no, Lee was at best an ok general, who got lauded after he lost a war because he seemed a bit less villainous than the other crappy people who slaughtered in favour of slavery.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby armati on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:03 am

Lee and his army achieved great success during the Peninsula Campaign and at Second Bull Run (Mansassas) and Fredericksburg, with his greatest victory coming in the bloody Battle of Chancellorsville. In the spring of 1863, Lee invaded the North, only to be defeated at the Battle of Gettysburg.

General George G. Meade was the northern commander at gettysburg, lee had beaten meade at Chancellorsville.

Lee won; Chancellorsville, Cold Harbor, Fredicksburg, Spotsylvania, The Wilderness, Seven Days Battles, Second Manassas. He fought a much larger army under McClellan to a draw at Antietam, and lost at Gettysburg, Petersburg, and Appomattox.
Sergeant armati

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 am

armati wrote:Lee and his army achieved great success during the Peninsula Campaign and at Second Bull Run (Mansassas) and Fredericksburg, with his greatest victory coming in the bloody Battle of Chancellorsville. In the spring of 1863, Lee invaded the North, only to be defeated at the Battle of Gettysburg.

General George G. Meade was the northern commander at gettysburg, lee had beaten meade at Chancellorsville.

Lee won; Chancellorsville, Cold Harbor, Fredicksburg, Spotsylvania, The Wilderness, Seven Days Battles, Second Manassas. He fought a much larger army under McClellan to a draw at Antietam, and lost at Gettysburg, Petersburg, and Appomattox.

He won a fair few battles, if you count insignificant gains at great cost of American lives, but of course he lost the war.

Just count me one of the more sceptical people when it comes to Lee as a general. I get that some folk in the South think that he was awesome, and not a traitor who ground his troops and loyalists to pulp at Antietnam. Let's face it though, if he'd surrendered fewer people would have had to die for the basic idea that all people are created equal.

He got to have a peaceful funeral in the United States. More than the people he slaughtered on the battlefields, and more than the slavery he stood on the back-lines to support.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 am

Lee is vary simular to Japan in WW2. Early on seemed invincible. Both lacked the economic, industrial, monetary (and the South numerical) superiority to carry on the war. Note how both suffered greatly from a navel blockade.
Captain HitRed

Postby armati on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:44 am

If ya wanna look at things that way, why not say the south could have simply stayed as part of the union and kept all their slaves without any fight at all.

Woulda saved lots of lives.

Lincoln had made it clear the fight was not about slavery but about keeping the states united.

But the south thought states rights were worth fighting for.
Sergeant armati

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:52 am

HitRed wrote:Lee is vary simular to Japan in WW2. Early on seemed invincible. Both lacked the economic, industrial, monetary (and the South numerical) superiority to carry on the war. Note how both suffered greatly from a navel blockade.

I have very little sympathy for Lee. Most of his glorification as a general seems to come from a combination of his initial successes and weird kind of post-bellum re-writing of what the war was about to give the South a hero.

There's Grant, a genuinely good general, but a flawed president, but Lee, a bad general, and somehow a good man. It's like a joke version of history.

Obviously though, this thread timed to coincide with Martin Luther King day is about forgetting and countering MLK as much as it's about the weird sudden remembrance of Robert Lee.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby armati on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:54 am

Who is mlk?
Sergeant armati

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:04 am

armati wrote:If ya wanna look at things that way, why not say the south could have simply stayed as part of the union and kept all their slaves without any fight at all.

Woulda saved lots of lives.

Lincoln had made it clear the fight was not about slavery but about keeping the states united.

But the south thought states rights were worth fighting for.

Ah, the States' Rights argument. Classic revisionism. It wasn't about state' rights, It was about slavery.

How do I know?

All of the states that seceded issued statements and said why they were seceding. All of them said it was because of slavery.

None of them say that it's "states rights".

The seceding states were absolutely sure that this was about slavery. Hell, there's the whole Cornerstone Speech that the Confederates approved saying that Slavery was what the new Confederate nation was built on.

So, anyway, here's where we stand:

It was about Slavery: All the Conferderate States at the time, Me, The Evidence, Most Historians.

It was about States' Rights: You
Sergeant Symmetry

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,