Conquer Club

Some Days Left to BREXIT

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What do you think will happen on March 29?

HARD Brexit
38%
SOFT Brexit
3%
NO Brexit
28%
DELAYED Brexit
31%

Total votes : 29

Some Days Left to BREXIT

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:03 am

pick

update - 59 days

update - 58 days

update - 42 days

update - 39 days

update - 32 days

update - 31 days

update - 28 days

update - 19 days

update - 15 days

update - 17 days

update - 55 days

update - 9 to 49 days

update - Some days
Last edited by saxitoxin on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:07 am, edited 15 times in total.
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Re: 60 Days Left to BREXIT

Postby The ram on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:35 am

They've turned the young into the living dead. They're doing everything in their power to project fear in the hearts of people scratching a living so they can keep us in, until the Lisbon treaty kicks in and the EU evolves into it's next stage. No way out after that!
Cadet The ram

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:02 am

The ram wrote:They've turned the young into the living dead.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:22 am

Anticipate a hard Brexit, hope for a hard Brexit. It is the only path that leads forwards.

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby waauw on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:55 am

I'm hoping for a hard BREXIT. If things go badly enough for the UK, it could help the progressive vote during the european elections, which are due 2 months after.
Last edited by waauw on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:00 am

waauw wrote:I'm hoping for a hard BREXIT. If things go badly enough for the UK, it could help the progressive vote during the european elections, which are due 2 months after.

The problem with that is, the predictions for the disaster that will befall Britain in the event of Hard Brexit have become so exaggerated at this point that the UK could sink into the Atlantic Ocean and Brexit would look like a success because it's still less than what Ronald and Jorge said would happen.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:06 am

mrswdk wrote:hope for a hard Brexit

you're always hoping for it to get hard
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby waauw on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 am

saxitoxin wrote:
waauw wrote:I'm hoping for a hard BREXIT. If things go badly enough for the UK, it could help the progressive vote during the european elections, which are due 2 months after.

The problem with that is, the predictions for the disaster that will befall Britain in the event of Hard Brexit have become so exaggerated at this point that the UK could sink into the Atlantic Ocean and Brexit would look like a success because it's still less than what Ronald and Jorge said would happen.

Not really, because any definite consequences would only be observable on the long-term. On the short-term the only news people will get is the initial shock.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby waauw on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:18 am

All in all in retrospect this really was terrible timing on the part of Theresa May. Obviously when you plan something this so close to an election, it's going to turn into an electoral statement. If she had waited just 3-4 months longer before triggering article 50, she might have gotten a better deal. Theresa May really did screw up right from the start all along the way.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby The ram on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:46 am

waauw wrote:All in all in retrospect this really was terrible timing on the part of Theresa May. Obviously when you plan something this so close to an election, it's going to turn into an electoral statement. If she had waited just 3-4 months longer before triggering article 50, she might have gotten a better deal. Theresa May really did screw up right from the start all along the way.

You really have got your finger on the pulse eh. Did you get that from Verhofstadt?
Cadet The ram

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:22 am

waauw wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Not really, because any definite consequences would only be observable on the long-term. On the short-term the only news people will get is the initial shock.

saxi is right. The speculation has become nonsensical. I've seen stories about how Brexit will cause traffic to get worse, air pollution to increase, supermarkets to run out of food, all sorts. According to the Illuminati propaganda machine, the only thing that can happen to a country if it leaves the EU is to become some sort of Mad Max wasteland.

And frankly, we've been here before:

Claim: Before the EU referendum George Osborne claimed up to 820,000 jobs could be lost within two years if Britain chose to leave.

Fact: More Britons are in work now than at any time since records began. In the first three months of [2018] about 32 million people over the age of 16 were in work.

Similarly the employment rate was also at its highestā€”around 76% of UK adults aged 16 to 64 were employed (or around 31 million).

https://fullfact.org/economy/whats-happ ... -leave-eu/

Claim: In May 2016, the Treasury said: ā€œBritainā€™s economy would be tipped into a year-long recession, with at least 500,000 jobs lost and GDP around 3.6% lower, following a vote to leave the EU.

Fact: There has not been a recession, and there were also 317,000 more people in employment from June to August 2018, compared with the same period in 2016.

https://fullfact.org/economy/has-there- ... eferendum/
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby waauw on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:28 pm

mrswdk wrote:
waauw wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

saxi is right. The speculation has become nonsensical. I've seen stories about how Brexit will cause traffic to get worse, air pollution to increase, supermarkets to run out of food, all sorts. According to the Illuminati propaganda machine, the only thing that can happen to a country if it leaves the EU is to become some sort of Mad Max wasteland.

Not really. You're too UK-focused. I can tell you for a fact that in Belgium and France those speculations aren't even mentioned. We get all the important points, and the general fact that traffic at Dover might be stalled, but that's about it. Brexit, though still important, is not as hot a topic over here as it is in the UK. We've got our own national news to report on.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:20 pm

So when you said 'if things go badly enough for the UK', what you meant was 'if lining up for the ferry from Dover takes a bit longer'?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby waauw on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:47 pm

mrswdk wrote:So when you said 'if things go badly enough for the UK', what you meant was 'if lining up for the ferry from Dover takes a bit longer'?

I mean politicians are opportunists. If they find something to exploit to further their campaigns, you can be damn well sure they will, whatever it is. European elections are due end of may. The closer we get to that date, the more we will hear about it. It doesn't seem too much of a leap to think europrogressives will make a big deal out of every big and small problem the UK will face post-Brexit. Just as eurosceptics make a big deal out of every big and small problem concerning migration.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:00 pm

So in summary: you agree Brexit is not going to be a disaster, but MEP candidates who favour EU unity will still try to spin Brexit as a disaster in order to get elected.

Sounds about right.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby waauw on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:14 pm

mrswdk wrote:So in summary: you agree Brexit is not going to be a disaster, but MEP candidates who favour EU unity will still try to spin Brexit as a disaster in order to get elected.

Sounds about right.

Nope, not what I said and you're smart enough to realise that. At least not for the first part. Though I guess that's entirely subjective to your interpretation of the word 'disaster'. Is it going to be detrimental to the UK? Clearly. Is it going to be a doomstory? Obviously, not either.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:53 pm

The whole Brexit term is kinda played out, anyone opposed to using 'Zombie Brapocalypse' in all posts moving forward in this thread?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby The ram on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:14 am

waauw wrote:
mrswdk wrote:So when you said 'if things go badly enough for the UK', what you meant was 'if lining up for the ferry from Dover takes a bit longer'?

I mean politicians are opportunists. If they find something to exploit to further their campaigns, you can be damn well sure they will, whatever it is. European elections are due end of may. The closer we get to that date, the more we will hear about it. It doesn't seem too much of a leap to think europrogressives will make a big deal out of every big and small problem the UK will face post-Brexit. Just as eurosceptics make a big deal out of every big and small problem concerning migration.

You really are a dumb cunt. It's like reading something straight out of MSM when you write your drivel. Like when you mentioned the reason the yellow vests were protesting or Muslim miners, you just haven't got a clue!

What is happening in Britain is that brexit has been left in the hands of remainers to come up with a deal, and they want us tied to you parasite nations. There's different factions within parliament that won't allow Treasonous May to get her deal through, eg leavers want no ties and better negotiations for a deal, Labour members want to destabilise the government and want a second referendum, which they call the people's vote even though we had the people's vote on 23rd June 2016.

Do you have any idea of what power the Lisbon treaty will give the EU over the next 4 years? Probably not, seeing as they won't tell you on MSM! Go and complain to the mods you brainwashed mongoloid, you make me feel sick, I don't want my people to be the living dead like the Belgian population. Go and fist f*ck your arsehole you filthy twat.
Cadet The ram

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:51 am

The ram wrote:Go and complain to the mods you brainwashed mongoloid, you make me feel sick, I don't want my people to be the living dead like the Belgian population. Go and fist f*ck your arsehole you filthy twat.

Did you get molested by a Trappist monk?
Corporal saxitoxin

Re: 59 Days Left to BREXIT

Postby tzor on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:04 am

I reserve the right to hate BREXIT later. :twisted:

In the mean time, can the financial markets get their act together?
I have to start planning on the new supported fields for the April release and we still don't know what new financial fields will be required for UK equities.
If we have to duplicate all the required fields of the Markets In Financial Instruments Directive - MiFID the Camel is going to have a broken back.
Cadet tzor

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 am

This thread is great. I had an advent calendar this Christmas and now that I'm not a kid the excitement was totally lost on me (it was just a good excuse to have some chocolate every morning). But now we have a new advent calendar that actually gets me tingly: the Independence Calendar.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby The ram on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:23 pm

mrswdk wrote:This thread is great. I had an advent calendar this Christmas and now that I'm not a kid the excitement was totally lost on me (it was just a good excuse to have some chocolate every morning). But now we have a new advent calendar that actually gets me tingly: the Independence Calendar.

Life is beautiful, unless you're stong.
Cadet The ram

Re: 58 Days Left to BREXIT

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Why is Ireland always the core of everyone's problem? No matter what the issue is, it's always the existence of Ireland that is creating the dilemma.
Corporal saxitoxin

Re: 58 Days Left to BREXIT

Postby The ram on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:56 pm

As a businessman and a believer in hard brexit, I'd just like to say we should invade and bomb fucj out of Europe. Read the Lisbon treaty, these wankstains on society will achieve your demise
Cadet The ram

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,