Conquer Club

Chat Lines / Party Lines

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Chat Lines / Party Lines

Postby HitRed on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Hard to imaging this ever existed but people used to call chat lines and spend 99 cents per minute talking to other people who called in. The commercial promised you would talk to, "the most interesting people". These would air in the 80's during late night reruns. I never called but lots of people ran up big bills and their parents flipped.
Captain HitRed

Re: Chat Lines / Party Lines

Postby Symmetry on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:26 pm

HitRed wrote:Hard to imaging this ever existed but people used to call chat lines and spend 99 cents per minute talking to other people who called in. The commercial promised you would talk to, "the most interesting people". These would air in the 80's during late night reruns. I never called but lots of people ran up big bills and their parents flipped.

Gotta love a good origin story.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby armati on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:27 pm

"and their parents flipped" I got a chuckle out of that.

When I discovered those I tried them.
They were free for a few minutes every time ya called. it was long enough.

I never called them "chat lines" I called them "sexlines" I never had so much in all my life...from a wide variety of interesting women.

Here is an example on how much I was gettin, I was really into racketball at the time, I had 2 young ladies want to come to my home for a 3 some or thrupple or whatever they called it then, I kid you not, I told them I couldnt I had a racket ball game.(in my defense it was a tourny)

Dumb, I cant remember that game but I bet I woulda remembered those ladys.

Eventually ya end up meeting a pretty girl that takes all ur money, so even all ya can dream of doesnt last forever.
Darn good memories tho.lol
Sergeant armati

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:25 pm

HitRed wrote:Hard to imaging this ever existed but people used to call chat lines and spend 99 cents per minute talking to other people who called in. The commercial promised you would talk to, "the most interesting people". These would air in the 80's during late night reruns. I never called but lots of people ran up big bills and their parents flipped.

They're not all bad. I met my current wife on one of those.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,