Conquer Club

Women want equal pay in football

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Women want equal pay in football

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:46 am

The ram wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.metro.news/show-us-the-money-fa-urged-to-close-gender-pay-gap/1423860/amp/

Nobody watches women's football, there's no big TV deals or sponsorship. If they want true equality then they must play men, but if I remember rightly the Australian national women's team was beaten 8-0 by a team of under 16s boys.

In tennis I believe there's equal pay, even though women's matches are 60% as long as men's matches. That's not equal.

I will tell you the future. Firstly, it will begin in around 10 years where every professional football team must play 1 women, then in 15 years it will go up to 2, it will continue on in this manner until men's football is no more. All working class men's activities must be destroyed.

I'm sick of Ram's homosexual agenda for male dominance in sports!

Call me wrong you fukn sausage sukkkers, but being a heterosexual I prefer watching women play sports and they deserve equal treatment. You fukn gay boys are just pushing your stool pushing agenda and this must stop!

Ram you make me sick! I thought you were one of the guys (breeders), but no....You limp wristed cruiser of gay bars!

Nothing surprises me anymore and yea that includes Doom Yoshi who professes love for butterflies. I can see him now....hopping and skipping, waving a butterfly net around in a field of flowers, chasing fluttering butterflies. SICK!!!

https://youtu.be/2HwmO_GZfzI
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby tzor on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 am

saxitoxin wrote:Are they? The only people who watch (men's or women's) "football" in the U.S. are women under the age of 15 or over the age of 40. So I wouldn't know.

Saaxi, you could not be further from the truth. Association Football is significantly popular with Hispanics.

"MLS likewise has the most elevated amount of Hispanic viewer engagement, with 34% of their fan base having a place with this demographic." source

"Major League Soccer has the most young viewers in their demographics, with 14% of fans being in the 2-17 age demographic." source

"Over 100 million people tune in to watch the Super Bowl every year. At the other end of the spectrum, only 320,000 people tune in to watch the MLS playoffs each year." ibid.

Mind you, who really wants to see two teams you normally don't like compete with each other? I'll bet you 1/3 of the people watch the Superbowl for the commercials and an additional 1/3 watch it for the halftime show.
Cadet tzor

Postby The ram on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:55 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
The ram wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.metro.news/show-us-the-money-fa-urged-to-close-gender-pay-gap/1423860/amp/

Nobody watches women's football, there's no big TV deals or sponsorship. If they want true equality then they must play men, but if I remember rightly the Australian national women's team was beaten 8-0 by a team of under 16s boys.

In tennis I believe there's equal pay, even though women's matches are 60% as long as men's matches. That's not equal.

I will tell you the future. Firstly, it will begin in around 10 years where every professional football team must play 1 women, then in 15 years it will go up to 2, it will continue on in this manner until men's football is no more. All working class men's activities must be destroyed.

I'm sick of Ram's homosexual agenda for male dominance in sports!

Call me wrong you fukn sausage sukkkers, but being a heterosexual I prefer watching women play sports and they deserve equal treatment. You fukn gay boys are just pushing your stool pushing agenda and this must stop!

Ram you make me sick! I thought you were one of the guys (breeders), but no....You limp wristed cruiser of gay bars!

Nothing surprises me anymore and yea that includes Doom Yoshi who professes love for butterflies. I can see him now....hopping and skipping, waving a butterfly net around in a field of flowers, chasing fluttering butterflies. SICK!!!

https://youtu.be/2HwmO_GZfzI

I'm the opposite to you in many ways Bern, our political point of view for instance. My ability to talk sense is another. And I prefer to watch men's boxing and have sex with women. I doubt we have anything in common really.
Cadet The ram

Postby armati on Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 pm

I just read what you said Burnie, gotta ask, have you been taking your meds?

Now that I think about it, that might explain some posts in this place.

I used to play chess with a schizophrenic, he was an international master, if anyone is old enuff to remember he drew to spassky and had a "good game" with fisher.

It was kind of a big deal at the time.

Anyway, on occasion he would go off his meds, as did two other schizophrenics I knew, thats when the good stories and opinions would happen.
On their meds, they were really good people, not to say they were not good off their meds just kinda opinionated. :)

So, thinking about it, these places would be perfect for those guys, they did play alot of games, board games in those days.

So Burn, you bin taking ur meds? ;)
Sergeant armati

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Ahhh, aren't you cute, trying to cum to Ram's rescue.

You two should get together.....or being a virgin makes that a scary option?

Embrace your sexuality and stop hating yourself for being different.

Postby The ram on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:Ahhh, aren't you cute, trying to cum to Ram's rescue.

FKN LOOSE SCREWS!
Cadet The ram

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 pm

So... we are all agreed then that women don't deserve equal pay for soccer then right? At least not until their attract as many viewers as male version?

I mean AAF (google it) players don't expect the same pay as NFL players, yet they are doing the same work. This seems like less of a sexist issue and more of a ratings issue.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:04 pm

armati wrote:I just read what you said Burnie, gotta ask, have you been taking your meds?

Pot meets Kettle for the first time and comments on his color...
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:36 pm

The ram wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:Ahhh, aren't you cute, trying to cum to Ram's rescue.

FKN LOOSE SCREWS!

I pushed a button, huh...

Amanti looks up to you, especially when he kneels in front of you and.......worships you. Really Ram, don't be embarrassed that he admires you.

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:35 am

Getting in this OT forum is really like going to the zoo and see people you’d never meet in real life commenting such stupid things you worry about the future of civilization. You guys live in parallel universes...
glad to read normal individuals such as waauw and mookie to keep faith in man kind.
Major betiko

Postby KoolBak on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:45 am

If they can compete, they should be able to. In USA football, they just cant. In racing, they can and more power to em. Actually raises the viewing numbers as it is more interesting having chicks competing in a historically male dominated venue.

Tzorro....I watch one football game a year, the superbowl. I do NOT watch it for the football. Its a free man card I get that day to go drink with a buddy....lol. If the games good, or DOESNT involve the damn patriots, even better :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby tzor on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:37 am

KoolBak wrote:If they can compete, they should be able to. In USA football, they just cant.

First of all, with USA football, not even the men can compete with "men." The NFL has a solid monopoly on the sport. Unlike other sports (baseball comes to mind) independent leagues can't get any good local traction even in markets ignored by NFL (because the NFL is more based on TV revenue than attendance). All attempts to make a minor league for football, or even variations of the game have been a dismal failure. The lack of popularity on the international stage means that athletes who are dedicated to football must either submit to the NFL or find another sport. Hell, if you don't get approval from the God Emperor of Pigskin, you can't even announce during the Superbowl. (Bob Costas says he was removed from Super Bowl broadcast due to comments on concussions, CTE in NFL) US Football consists of the college system and the NFL ... that's it.

Second of all, Women's US Football has never been serious. It was just another variation on Rollerball. (Look, scantly clad women are beating each other up ...)

Honestly, the only sports where women and men basically have the same sport is Association Football, Basketball and Hockey. In the US, basketball and hockey are generally minor leagues, limited only by the lack of expansion into other markets. The NWHL was only founded in 2015 and only has 5 teams. The WNBA has been around since 1996 but it only as 12 teams. One key problem is that they tend to market areas with established men's version of the sport so not only are they a minor league but they are a forgotten minor team next to their major counterpart.
Cadet tzor

Postby The ram on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:33 am

betiko wrote:Getting in this OT forum is really like going to the zoo and see people you’d never meet in real life commenting such stupid things you worry about the future of civilization. You guys live in parallel universes...
glad to read normal individuals such as waauw and mookie to keep faith in man kind.

If it's sheep you want, a farm may be more up your street. Shame as I've always found you to be so witty and thought provoking baaa
Cadet The ram

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:47 pm

tzor wrote:
KoolBak wrote:If they can compete, they should be able to. In USA football, they just cant.

First of all, with USA football, not even the men can compete with "men." The NFL has a solid monopoly on the sport. Unlike other sports (baseball comes to mind) independent leagues can't get any good local traction even in markets ignored by NFL (because the NFL is more based on TV revenue than attendance). All attempts to make a minor league for football, or even variations of the game have been a dismal failure. The lack of popularity on the international stage means that athletes who are dedicated to football must either submit to the NFL or find another sport. Hell, if you don't get approval from the God Emperor of Pigskin, you can't even announce during the Superbowl. (Bob Costas says he was removed from Super Bowl broadcast due to comments on concussions, CTE in NFL) US Football consists of the college system and the NFL ... that's it.

Except that the AAF just started 2 weeks ago... But I agree it will almost certainly end in failure lol.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:00 pm

betiko wrote:Getting in this OT forum is really like going to the zoo and see people you’d never meet in real life commenting such stupid things you worry about the future of civilization. You guys live in parallel universes...

This is the first compliment I think I've ever received in the forums! Thanks bud.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby KoolBak on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Mookie....i like your name wine-boy :D

Son just started 5 gals of raspberry....another wine boy...lol

Back to thread - chicks can and do compete at male centric levels in several varieties of motorsports. Look at the Force daughters. Bunch of drag bike riders too. Dania Patrick.

f*ck football :lol:

AND:

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm

KoolBak wrote:Mookie....i like your name wine-boy :D

Son just started 5 gals of raspberry....another wine boy...lol

Back to thread - chicks can and do compete at male centric levels in several varieties of motorsports. Look at the Force daughters. Bunch of drag bike riders too. Dania Patrick.

f*ck football :lol:

Compliment #2 I'm on a roll! I bet Danika makes as much in her sport as the men (and much more than most men when factoring in her paycheck from Go Daddy - this is a real company not her sugar daddy's username on seeking.com )

Some great quotes on this subject from Danika I just found:

"I get paid better than most men in my field. I'm not, maybe, the most pc about this topic, but you have to be competing in something or doing something that has a demand. I get that it's the same job, but what drives the salary and that is the demand or the interest. So if somebody is doing the same job in the workplace and there's nothing outside of it other than pure performance, it should be equal, I get that.

"But let's say it's a sport that's on TV that gets millions and millions of viewers vs another sport that's on TV that doesn't, the money is coming from TV. It's coming from sponsorship. It's coming from those things and it's not there, so it's not fair to compare the two. There are all kinds of different ways to look at it, but, for me, it's about being unique and different and having a consumable product."

I think danika just one the thread Llama!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby KoolBak on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:44 pm

She is absolutely consumable :lol:

AND:

Postby The ram on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:11 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:

This is the first compliment I think I've ever received in the forums! Thanks bud.

Being put in the same group as waauw by a geezer that calls mankind man kind ain't no complement lol
Cadet The ram

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 pm

The ram wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

Being put in the same group as waauw by a geezer that calls mankind man kind ain't no complement lol

Wow three compliments in one day!!! Thanks so much ram. It took me a while to notice you went with the double negative... ain't + no = is a!

Here's is a special read your post inspired me to provide you with - https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/201 ... omplement/
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby The ram on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:54 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
The ram wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

Wow three compliments in one day!!! Thanks so much ram. It took me a while to notice you went with the double negative... ain't + no = is a!

Here's is a special read your post inspired me to provide you with - https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/201 ... omplement/

Yeah I have no idea why I wrote in an American manner. I'd just finished watching a shitty American comedy film called the long dumb road, the vernacular must have inspired me. Anyway, glad it made you feel good, doing my best to get rid of my sexist reputation.
Cadet The ram

Postby waauw on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:26 am

The ram wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

You realise not everybody lives in an english speaking country right? Betiko is french, and if I recall correctly, english is only his third language after french and spanish. Maybe you ought show off your own fluency in foreign languages before judging.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:33 am

The ram wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
The ram wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

Yeah I have no idea why I wrote in an American manner. I'd just finished watching a shitty American comedy film called the long dumb road, the vernacular must have inspired me. Anyway, glad it made you feel good, doing my best to get rid of my sexist reputation.

Right! Shed that homo-sexist shit and stop insulting women's ability to do men work. Now ride off to Brokeback Mountain....

Postby tzor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:04 pm

The ram wrote:Yeah I have no idea why I wrote in an American manner.

Let's don't muck up this thread by making it about Brits writing like Yanks and Yanks writing like Brits.
Cadet tzor

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,