Conquer Club

Yet another racist killing by US police

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What actions should world leaders take to force the US government to take action?

Economic sanctions against its financial institutions
8%
Arms embargo
No votes
No fly zone over Minnesota and other states
8%
Expulsion from WTO
8%
Fund insurgents to overthrow current government
42%
Other (write in)
33%

Total votes : 12

Re: Yet another racist killing by US police

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Tulsa police major says 'we're shooting African Americans about 24% less than we probably ought to be':

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ht-be.html
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:59 am

US police officer deliberately comes to halt in front of protestors so that protestors will bump into him and colleagues can arrest protestors for doing so:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... tly_stops/
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:32 am

Strong black women school some white Karens about Joe Biden and the Democrat Party in the Seattle Protest Zone.

"I'm not voting in Joe Biden. You wanna see a bunch of black people go to jail in the next four years? Put Joe Biden in and see what happens. These Democrats hate black people. The Republican Party is the party of the blacks. The Republican Party is the only party that Black people actually assisted in founding. But all of that history has been torn away. People say 'Oh but there was a big switch!' There was NEVER a big switch."

https://twitter.com/DanAdamsPGH/status/ ... 5713418246
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby riskllama on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 pm

"Disperse!!!, in the name of the United Fruit Company!!!"
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:07 am

Great news, a police strike has been called in New York City for July 4. There are 40,000 officers in the NYPD and only 5,000 troopers in the entire New York State Police plus 20,000 soldiers in the New York National Guard (though 5,000 are on other duties and unavailable) so there's no Plan B by my estimation.

Letting NYers have a 24 hours Purge will eliminate a few thousand extraneous Democrat voters.

https://www.newsweek.com/nypd-mulls-str ... le-1512017

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:52 am

Yikes. Shouldn't that be in the, "police-free future" thread?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:52 am

A rolling police strike in Atlanta is growing with police demanding charges against Garrett Rolfe be dropped -

Only two sergeants and one officer showed up in one of Atlanta’s six police zones, according to police officers who don’t want to be named — the morning after an unusual number of police officers called out sick.

On Wednesday, multiple sources within the Atlanta Police Department told CNN that officers were not responding to calls in three of the department’s six zones.

Though the department denied that was the case, a police union director backed CNN’s sources’ accounts and said that, in some instances, officers were refusing to leave their precincts unless a fellow police officer required backup.

The staffing at Zone 6 was so sparse that when the department heard that several protesters were planning to take over the precinct, the remaining staff removed critical equipment from the building and relocated to another zone, according to Atlanta police officers who didn’t want to be named.

https://tampa.cbslocal.com/2020/06/19/r ... g-calls-4/
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby riskllama on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:03 am

so basically, Atlanta cops are saying that if killing black citizens is now officially a "no no", then they're not interested in showing up for work? not very professional, imo... :?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:33 am

riskllama wrote:so basically, Atlanta cops are saying that if killing black citizens is now officially a "no no", then they're not interested in showing up for work? not very professional, imo... :?

Ummmm ... no ... they're saying that if they're not permitted to defend themselves they're not interested in showing up for work.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jimboston on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:08 pm

The situation in Atlanta was horrible and I’m sad a man died.

The situation is not/was not the same as the situation in Minneapolis.

There’s not doubt we need reforms.
There’s no doubt that inherent bias exists in our society.

That does NOT mean that every event involving the death of a suspect is absolutely the same.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:42 pm

This time, a racist framing:

Cop plants crack, cop gets caught, cop gets mad. And the woman who filmed this was Breonna Taylor :(
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:09 pm

The FBI has announced that - following an investigation involving 15 federal agents - the "noose" that Obama voter Bubba Wallace said he found in his garage and claimed as a racist death threat against him turned out to be a door pull that had been there for the last eight months. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, the Democriots aren't prone to overreacting at all ...

"On Monday, fifteen FBI special agents conducted numerous interviews regarding the situation at Talladega Superspeedway," the joint statement from U.S. Attorney Jay E. Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp, Jr. "After a thorough review of the facts and evidence surrounding this event, we have concluded that no federal crime was committed."

Following law enforcement's announcement, NASCAR put out its own statement Tuesday saying:

"The FBI has completed its investigation at Talladega Superspeedway and determined that Bubba Wallace was not the target of a hate crime. The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 245722001/
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jimboston on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:04 pm

mrswdk wrote:This time, a racist framing:

Cop plants crack, cop gets caught, cop gets mad. And the woman who filmed this was Breonna Taylor :(

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/crim ... 1858b383af

Unless you’re gonna show me the 5 minutes before the video...

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Apparently jim needs lots of context to decide whether or not an officer filmed planting drugs on a civilian did anything wrong.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:32 pm

mrswdk wrote:Apparently jim needs lots of context to decide whether or not an officer filmed planting drugs on a civilian did anything wrong.

It's 'nuanced' mrswdk, duh.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:39 pm

You weren't there, man!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby jimboston on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:28 pm

mrswdk wrote:Apparently jim needs lots of context to decide whether or not an officer filmed planting drugs on a civilian did anything wrong.

I see lots of little white things all around.

I can’t tell what he’s holding.

Maybe if i had better video editing software and could freeze frame and zoom...

It does look suspicious... but what happened 3 minutes before the recording starts?
The police are claiming that if you had video a few minutes prior that you’d see it was the suspects.
Also, the suspect admitted it was his!

So there’s that!

Does that mean I am naive and think it’s impossible for Police to do that? No.
I’m sure it’s happened.

What percentage of drug busts involve planting evidence?

I have no idea but I suspect it’s low... I would be willing to bet many more people get away with having drugs on them and discarding them before the police find them.

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:03 pm

jimboston wrote:

I have no idea but I suspect it’s low... I would be willing to bet many more people get away with having drugs on them and discarding them before the police find them.

This has always been such a bullshit question. The ONLY thing stats would tell you is how often cops were CAUGHT planting evidence, which is obviously super low.

Are you equating someone carrying drugs on them to cops planting evidence on innocent citizens? Oh wait, they aren't innocent because they had drugs on them :roll:
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mrswdk on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:03 am

Well the police wouldn’t want to plant evidence on an innocent person, would they?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby jimboston on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:44 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:

This has always been such a bullshit question. The ONLY thing stats would tell you is how often cops were CAUGHT planting evidence, which is obviously super low.

Are you equating someone carrying drugs on them to cops planting evidence on innocent citizens? Oh wait, they aren't innocent because they had drugs on them :roll:

I’m saying it’s all perspective and how you measure shit.

Yes... I believe cops have and some do plant drugs.
Yes... I believe this video looks suspicious.
Yes... I believe this video doesn’t tell the whole story.
Yes... I believe people being chased regularly drop drugs to avoid being caught.
Oh... and yes I believe drugs should be no more illegal than alcohol or nicotine, cause they’re all the same.

Postby mrswdk on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:37 am

jim do you think the guy who knelt on George Floyd's neck and choked him out needs prosecuting or do you need more info than just the video of the killing before you feel able to come to a decision?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby jimboston on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:48 am

mrswdk wrote:jim do you think the guy who knelt on George Floyd's neck and choked him out needs prosecuting or do you need more info than just the video of the killing before you feel able to come to a decision?

Sometimes the video shows everything you need.

I know you like to rush to judgement and assume the negative when it’s the USA or officials/authority representatives of the USA.
I don’t like to rush to judgment.

It’s funny though how you rush to judgment in the opposite way when it’s Chinese authorities.
Just interesting.

Not only are you the biggest Troll in this forum, you’re the biggest hypocrite. You like to pretend we Westerners / Americans are brainwashed by our upbringing and gov’t, but you are way more clearly in the bag for Mother China than most Americans posting here are for our country.

Postby mrswdk on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:47 am

jimboston wrote:
mrswdk wrote:jim do you think the guy who knelt on George Floyd's neck and choked him out needs prosecuting or do you need more info than just the video of the killing before you feel able to come to a decision?

Sometimes the video shows everything you need.

Gonna need either a 'yes' or 'no' from you, given your history with semantics.

And no, I am not being anti-semantic!!! Some of my best friends like semantics.
Lieutenant mrswdk

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,